New (better) quest armor not equipped

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New (better) quest armor not equipped

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

New (better) quest armor not equipped

There are 3 new armors in the winter LTQ but even though those stats are better than my old one, they are not equipped. This seems to be another bug ?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It depends on your class and the class of the armors. A mage armor can't be equipped by a rogue player for example. same for weapons.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I was thinking the same thing about my armor, but I noticed the defense on my old armor was better than the new (even though the attack was higher). Wish we could choose as I would rather have more attack than defense (since defense doesn't do anything against mobs)

Post Count
    You might also need to define 'better'. I believe your profile shows the armour with highest defence you can use, and the weapon with highest attack you can use.

But these might not be the ones you actually use in attack/defence!

That's how I read the very first entry in the FAQ:
    https://games.gree-support.net/entri...ngdom-Age-FAQs

So if the 'better' armour has higher attack, but lower defence, the FAQ indicates you use it in attack, but the one showing on your profile is what you use in defence.

Post Count
    Sorry,the FAQ URL got truncated. It should be: https://games.gree-support.net/entri...ngdom-Age-FAQs

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Belcar View Post
    You might also need to define 'better'. I believe your profile shows the armour with highest defence you can use, and the weapon with highest attack you can use.

But these might not be the ones you actually use in attack/defence!

That's how I read the very first entry in the FAQ:
    https://games.gree-support.net/entri...ngdom-Age-FAQs

So if the 'better' armour has higher attack, but lower defence, the FAQ indicates you use it in attack, but the one showing on your profile is what you use in defence.
    I'd argue that that statement is dated and incorrect. When you get the new armour your attack max and min don't change at all. It'd be great if Sirius can bring some clarity here and maybe suggest giving the players the option to pick there equipment in the future.

Post Count
    I think you mean the damage on mobs doesnt change. That is what I've noticed.
    So armor is probably not used at all in that calculation.
    KA: erwin _____ 403-143-939 ______ no requests needed _____ free player _____ FKG member

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezinap View Post
    I think you mean the damage on mobs doesnt change. That is what I've noticed.
    So armor is probably not used at all in that calculation.
    Armour attack does factor in to the damage you do vs mobs. An easy way to tell is to start a new game and see how much damage you do then buy a better armour and you will notice your damage go up.

Post Count
    In the meantime I have picked up the 44/126 armor. I noted that my attack went up with 42.
    I don't get what you mean by attack max and min don't change.
    KA: erwin _____ 403-143-939 ______ no requests needed _____ free player _____ FKG member

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezinap View Post
    In the meantime I have picked up the 44/126 armor. I noted that my attack went up with 42.
    I don't get what you mean by attack max and min don't change.
    It means your damage range vs mobs. For example I do 207-276. Then I proceed to get an armour that has 15 more attack points and nothing changes meaning it doesn't get used.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Ahem. As the original contributor of the equation used in the FAQ, I feel you aren't properly using it. Armor attack IS used in the calculation. It's unfortunate that they have the game coded to always use the highest defense armor, but that's the way they chose to do it. I've since reverified the equation and it is still accurate at higher levels of hero strength then I was able to get before.

HS + WA + AA = maximum possible damage, where WA is weapon attack and AA is armor attack. Take that number and multiply by about 75% to get the minimum attack number. This will correlate (within a reasonable degree of accuracy) to your minimum and maximum damage. The spread gets larger as you get higher, but your maximum damage does always go up. Note that due to the way it's set up your average damage will be your minimum + maximum damage over 2, or about 87.5% of the above calculated value, and each point of hero strength will increase your maximum damage by one, and therefore increases your average damage by about 0.5.

This message brought to you by math, and viewers like you.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 07-01-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: A
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Lurker
    Post Count

You sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    Ahem. As the original contributor of the equation used in the FAQ, I feel you aren't properly using it. Armor attack IS used in the calculation. It's unfortunate that they have the game coded to always use the highest defense armor, but that's the way they chose to do it. I've since reverified the equation and it is still accurate at higher levels of hero strength then I was able to get before.

HS + WA + AA = maximum possible damage, where WA is weapon attack and AA is armor attack. Take that number and multiply by about 75% to get the minimum attack number. This will correlate (within a reasonable degree of accuracy) to your minimum and maximum damage. The spread gets larger as you get higher, but your maximum damage does always go up. Note that due to the way it's set up your average damage will be your minimum + maximum damage over 2, or about 87.5% of the above calculated value, and each point of hero strength will increase your maximum damage by one, and therefore increases your average damage by about 0.5.

This message brought to you by math, and viewers like you.

HS = 230, WA = 115, AA = 44

...and I have seen hits as high as 345, never higher. This is probably over about 200+ swings. This leads me to conclude that max damage = HS + WA.

If AA counts, I should be seeing hits between 346 and 390. It's not happening though, ever.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx-AC View Post
    HS = 230, WA = 115, AA = 44

...and I have seen hits as high as 345, never higher. This is probably over about 200+ swings. This leads me to conclude that max damage = HS + WA.

If AA counts, I should be seeing hits between 346 and 390. It's not happening though, ever.
    I've verified it correlating within + or - 3 points at HS of 60/80/100/120/140 and it's a straight linear function so far. As I go up I'll add more points but I'm pretty sure.

For reference I'm at HS 147 WA 115 and Armor 44 and my max hit over the last week including thousands of swings is 304. Pretty darn close I'd say.

Maybe 200 swings isn't enough data? Or you missed the higher ones? I know it can be hard to stare at the screen for an hour of straight tapping.

Or there may actually be a diminishing returns factor in the HS, but I haven't seen any evidence of one yet. To really get good data I use an LTQ as a data set because I know ill swing a thousand times and that helps to get a normal distribution.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 07-01-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    It's unfortunate that they have the game coded to always use the highest defense armor, but that's the way they chose to do it.
    This is the bottom line. And the point of this thread, We want to use the better attacking armour.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Euchred View Post
    This is the bottom line. And the point of this thread, We want to use the better attacking armour.
    And I want one of these:

But seriously, lets just assume for the sake of argument that they allow the higher attacking armor to be used and that brings your average attack up by, lets say, 5%. Then, if I'm a Gree-dy game designer, I just give each mob 5% more health. They aren't in the business of giving away free awesome units for our entertainment, much to some people's displeasure. They are in the business of squeezing out every penny they can from our wallets, and it's the one thing that they are devilishly good at. So just deal with it, like everyone else.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 07-01-2013 at 05:46 PM.