IMO you failed with the Syndicate Showdown event Gree.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IMO you failed with the Syndicate Showdown event Gree.

Post Count

Thumbs down IMO you failed with the Syndicate Showdown event Gree.

I think you made the wrong decision with this one Gree and you've missed out on a lot of profit too.

I'd already played this event in MW so i knew how time consuming it was. I started out with plenty of energy and enthusiasm because i was certain i wanted to finish in the top 25 but then boredom kicked in. Spending ages refreshing the rivals list looking for the odd one or two players that will earn me some good points.

However, whilst earning 600+ points when i eventually find a player with stats close to mine which is pretty hard around my level, so far i've found five players. I then remember that players at a higher level than me are scoring 1000+ points per hit which means i've got no chance of competing for a top spot.

So, at that point i decide i'll settle for a top 100 spot, back to the rivals list it is, refresh, refresh, refresh......do you know what, i really can't be bothered. The sun is out and there's plenty of other things i'd rather be spending my time on. I'm not saying i wouldn't get my hourly dose of CC but it would be just ducking in and out to collect and blaze off my stamina.

I know the majority of you are probably loving the event and that's great but after a few of them i'm pretty sure your enthusiasm will disappear. Well done to Prime who has made a valiant effort to be the top player but when the event is over and he looks back at his weekend, will it have been worth it? The prize is definitely worth it but the amount of time needed to win that prize IMO isn't worth it. Lets face it, the prizes aren't really that great either. For anyone who finishes in the top 25 syndicates and already has the M-32 Thumper then forget about the modifier because it's highly likely it won't work because it doesn't stack when the item is identical.

Then you've got the joke of all the prizes being loaded backwards along with a game changing modifier (Executive Coupe - 30% Upgrade cost reduction) that has no benefit for those who already have the Coupe. All that gold they wasted on that collect 10 event to get the Coupe and now you've awarded it to pretty much everyone in the game. Seriously Gree, it amazes me how you can be so stupid and slack sometimes.

Also i have no idea how the points scoring works. My high level account scores points depending on how close the fight is yet my low level account seems to be on some sort of structure whereby i can't score more than 250 points.

The other serious problem you've got is the rivals list doesn't work for the HL players and thoughout the whole game everyone is too beaten up 90% of the time unless you're low level but then you need to do around 6 hits to score the same points as a HL player does in one hit.

All of the above means you are missing out on gold expenditure. When the event started i had spent 160 gold within a couple of hours and was quite happy to spent up to 1000 gold to see how far i could get up the leaderboard. Once i thought about all the above, i stopped spending and really can't be bothered to play the event anymore. It's a shame because i love PvP events and i could quite happily refill my heart out as long as it's quick and easy. Here's how it is and what you should have done instead.

Firstly increase the number of times you can whack a player before they are beaten up to 30 times. This will also bring the banking element back into the game. Once you reach an income per hour of $1.5m it makes no sense to bank your money. If you were beaten up constantly for 24hrs you'd lose a maximum of $3.6m but you'll lose more than that if you're banking and your IPH is more than $1.5m.

Increase the amount you can steal from a player to $50k or $100k. I PvP constantly in MW because when you find a player with cash on hand and you can rob $300k per hit which becomes very appealing when you can steal a total of $3m.

With the above in mind here's how i would have designed Syndicate Showdown:-

Three leaderboards - Top Syndicates, Top Fighters, Top Robbers

Top Robbers - Pretty self explanatory, rob as many buildings as you can. Each successful robbery gives you one gold coin. This will appeal to all players because there's always plenty to rob, campers can still get involved and even compete by only robbing low XP buildings and there will never be a problem where everyone is too beaten up.

Top Fighters - Again self explanatory, win as many fights as you can. Each successful fight gives you one gold coin. There'd be no searching the rivals list etc, it would just be an all out free for all.

Top Syndicates - Same as what you've done but calculates everyones fight and robbery scores instead. Better prizes and more prize brackets.

I'm pretty certain the above structure would make you double the money, it would be much more enjoyable and less time consuming for the customer. Two PvP leaderboards instead of one, i'm sure Prime would only choose one to conquer leaving someone else to conquer the other and all round creating more competition. Also gives the customer an option to compete on the leaderboard which fits their playing style or both if they're an addict. Whatever, you'd make more money.

Personally i would blaze through 4 or 5 refills every time i log in if it's possible to tap tap away with ease.

Just my thoughts and unfortunately Syndicate Showdown will join leaderboard and collect 10's in the pile of events that i won't spend gold on or even bother playing.

Anyway there's only a couple of hours sunshine left, i'm off to enjoy it.

Chapter 2 (whilst enjoying the sun I remembered a couple of things I forgot to say)

By awarding 1 coin for every successful attack or robbery it puts every single player in the game on an even playing field. This means it's purely down to who puts the most time and effort in. It will also be so much more competitive and competition increases gold spending. Fewer players will give up because they'll be able to work out how many coins are needed to achieve the rank they are chasing.

Also with the tournament the way it is players are helping each other by building Laundromats and letting another player know when they are ready to be collected. This wouldn't happen with my tournament design.

Lastly, I've given up on top 100 because I really can't be bothered and for the first time since the game started I am deliberately not going to collect my hood for 48 hours so that I can get it sync'd. I've never got round to doing that because I'm so active in game but it's got to the point where I'm actually bored of CC for the first time ever.
    Last edited by The Billionaire; 06-30-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Banned
    Post Count
    It certainly got boring pretty quick. Spent 100 gold the first day. Put me to sleep the second day. Inconsistent payouts...

Banned
    analyzing noobs recruiting at recruitment section ;D
    Post Count
    kinda boring coming back just to get 20 hits a hour. but hey, you want those prizes youv'e got to earn them.

Post Count
    this event is so boring and so annoying. i'm somewhere around 5000 rank and i could have tried to get in the top 1000 but there aren't any good rivals. pretty tough to find rivals with good score.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Im amazed that gree has not offerd you a job yet billionaire, seriously. Im sure they would earn a fortune hiring you . Always a good analyse how this game should be for both gree and their customers.

Post Count
    They definitely messed with the RL, at least below level 150. I have about a ~$2mil IPH and no bank, and I was prepared to just eat the $300k / 2hrs (which is less than the bank, even when I assume that someone would be attacking me every 2 hours). However, less than 2 hours into the event one guy had already attacked me 36 times in a span of 44 minutes, and I decided no banking wasn't worth it after all...

Agree with your other points though. I have an absurd number of fights/robs (currently on 13/14 of the Street Brawler goals), and I'm struggling to stay in the Top 100. I haven't gotten the points that half the people in my syndicate, this forum, etc., report getting. I'm happy when I see someone with 150 points, which is rare to find even as I blind attack literally every single person on the Rival List.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post

Then you've got the joke of all the prizes being loaded backwards along with a game changing modifier (Executive Coupe - 30% Upgrade cost reduction) that has no benefit for those who already have the Coupe.

Also i have no idea how the points scoring works. My high level account scores points depending on how close the fight is yet my low level account seems to be on some sort of structure whereby i can't score more than 250 points.

Firstly increase the number of times you can whack a player before they are beaten up to 30 times. This will also bring the banking element back into the game. Once you reach an income per hour of $1.5m it makes no sense to bank your money. If you were beaten up constantly for 24hrs you'd lose a maximum of $3.6m but you'll lose more than that if you're banking and your IPH is more than $1.5m.

Increase the amount you can steal from a player to $50k or $100k. I PvP constantly in MW because when you find a player with cash on hand and you can rob $300k per hit which becomes very appealing when you can steal a total of $3m.
    Well I for one agree and laughed about the prize roll out, but as someone who missed out on the coupe and the 30% reducer, i can honestly say Im not mad at that.

As far as points earned, I'm lost. I haven't seen a hit over 300, so to hear some are getting hits above 600 and occasionally 1000 just astounds me.

The rest I left quote above, i totally agree. My syndicate had spoken about that for a while too. Increase amount of hits and the 30K hit max. keep the game interesting.

Finally one thought, correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen an "xp reducer mod" i think an item with the potential to reduce xp earned would be valued highly by a lot of people.

Post Count
    My MW games and CC games are fairly similar. Mid level (MW L126, CC L108) and strong, with very few rivals who can beat me.

In MW, without trying very hard, I was able to place in 668th place in the first PvP, or thereabouts. I was able to find rivals who could give me 500-600 BP's, and I could keep up and compete with the high level players. (I mostly sat out the second one because I had a busy weekend and didn't have time).

In CC, I have given up. I think there are 3 players with more than 200k defense at my level... and even when I hit them, I still get less than 300 points. Only one player has left me a link (Veezy, I'm looking at you! Build 2 laundromats, and I'll leave you a link back to my hood!)... so I'm left refreshing the rivals list, hoping to find someone with maybe 100k defense, and hope to get maybe 150 points per hit. Needless to say, I'm not trying very hard in this event. I'm working on the accompanying PvP LTQ for the prizes for free, but thats it.

The high level players and low level players are screwed in this event. We have a dude on our team who is level 58, and has it the worst! He has virtually no one to hit, and is sitting it out. Then there are the level 250 peeps who's rivals list is FUBAR.

So Gree, thanks for screwing up what could have been a fun event.

Oh, and don't schedule back to back weekends like you did in MW ... these are much more labor intensive than a war!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Thumbs up Hit the nail on the head

billionaire that was a awesome post and that would have not be explained any better. Would be nice if Gree would actually listen to us PLAYERS.. Who actually pay for the game to keep going on the way it does but it seems they lack a part of the brain that allows them to see what makes sense in the real world!! It seems everyone of their employees is "A Fry Short of a Happy Meal"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Finally one thought, correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen an "xp reducer mod" i think an item with the potential to reduce xp earned would be valued highly by a lot of people.
    the problem is that someone people do like to level and dont want such item

Post Count
    And of course, as soon as you decide to stop camping, you'll be whining to have it removed. Some prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by $Heisenberg$ View Post
    the problem is that someone people do like to level and dont want such item
    Then best thing for that is for it to have an on/off switch for it..

Banned
    Post Count
    Billionaire, I couldn't agree more with you!

I've done my fare share of attacking with 2 different accounts and on one it's a miracle to see someone above 100. On the other it's a miracle to see someone above 200. I gave up fairly quick after reaching tier 5. Just seems like a complete waste when you know others are scoring much much higher than you per hit. I completely agree.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post
    I think you made the wrong decision with this one Gree and you've missed out on a lot of profit too.

I'd already played this event in MW so i knew how time consuming it was. I started out with plenty of energy and enthusiasm because i was certain i wanted to finish in the top 25 but then bordem kicked in. Spending ages refreshing the rivals list looking for the odd one or two players that will earn me some good points.

However, whilst earning 600+ points when i eventually find a player with stats close to mine which is pretty hard around my level, so far i've found five players. I then remember that players at a higher level than me are scoring 1000+ points per hit which means i've got no chance of competing for a top spot.

So, at that point i decide i'll settle for a top 100 spot, back to the rivals list it is, refresh, refresh, refresh......do you know what, i really can't be bothered. The sun is out and there's plenty of other things i'd rather be spending my time on. I'm not saying i wouldn't get my hourly dose of CC but it would be just ducking in and out to collect and blaze off my stamina.

I know the majority of you are probably loving the event and that's great but after a few of them i'm pretty sure your enthusiasm will disappear. Well done to Prime who has made a valiant effort to be the top player but when the event is over and he looks back at his weekend, will it have been worth it? The prize is definitely worth it but the amount of time needed to win that prize IMO isn't worth it. Lets face it, the prizes aren't really that great either. For anyone who finishes in the top 25 syndicates and already has the M-32 Thumper then forget about the modifier because it's highly likely it won't work because it doesn't stack when the item is identical.

Then you've got the joke of all the prizes being loaded backwards along with a game changing modifier (Executive Coupe - 30% Upgrade cost reduction) that has no benefit for those who already have the Coupe. All that gold they wasted on that collect 10 event to get the Coupe and now you've awarded it to pretty much everyone in the game. Seriously Gree, it amazes me how you can be so stupid and slack sometimes.

The other serious problem you've got is the rivals list doesn't work for the HL players and thoughout the whole game everyone is too beaten up 90% of the time unless you're low level but then you need to do around 6 hits to score the same points as a HL player does in one hit.

All of the above means you are missing out on gold expenditure. When the event started i had spent 160 gold within a couple of hours and was quite happy to spent up to 1000 gold to see how far i could get up the leaderboard. Once i thought about all the above, i stopped spending and really can't be bothered to play the event anymore. It's a shame because i love PvP events and i could quite happily refill my heart out as long as it's quick and easy. Here's how it is and what you should have done instead.

With the above in mind here's how i would have designed Syndicate Showdown:-

Three leaderboards - Top Syndicates, Top Fighters, Top Robbers

Top Robbers - Pretty self explanatory, rob as many buildings as you can. Each successful robbery gives you one gold coin. This will appeal to all players because there's always plenty to rob, campers can still get involved and even compete by only robbing low XP buildings and there will never be a problem where everyone is too beaten up.

Top Fighters - Again self explanatory, win as many fights as you can. Each successful fight gives you one gold coin. There'd be no searching the rivals list etc, it would just be an all out free for all.

Top Syndicates - Same as what you've done but calculates everyones fight and robbery scores instead. Better prizes and more prize brackets.

I'm pretty certain the above structure would make you double the money, it would be much more enjoyable and less time consuming for the customer. Two PvP leaderboards instead of one, i'm sure Prime would only choose one to conquer leaving someone else to conquer the other and all round creating more competition. Also gives the customer an option to compete on the leaderboard which fits their playing style or both if they're an addict. Whatever, you'd make more money.

Personally i would blaze through 4 or 5 refills every time i log in if it's possible to tap tap away with ease.

Just my thoughts and unfortunately Syndicate Showdown will join leaderboard and collect 10's in the pile of events that i won't spend gold on or even bother playing.

Anyway there's only a couple of hours sunshine left, i'm off to enjoy it.
    Why are you concerned how much money Gree will rake in? You think they are losing in this game?
    Anyways, I think you said it best when you said you should have been outside having a life...