IMO you failed with the Syndicate Showdown event Gree. - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: IMO you failed with the Syndicate Showdown event Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Which is an advantage to who, exactly (other than those with free banking from the Emerald Burner or whatever)?

The way I see it, being able to no bank once you'd reached $1.5 million iph could be seen as a reward for all the time and effort required to build a hood up to that level - economy used to be the one part of CC where free players could compete on equal terms with even the biggest gold players; sadly now with big spenders using gold and bought cash to run their buildings up to level 10 even that has been taken away.

The limit on attacks (which does exist in the other games by the way) is a valuable way to stop smaller players from being used and abused by bigger hitters at all tiers of strength. If it was done away with there would need to be correctives put in place to prevent wholesale abuse of power - eg, no banking away from one's own hood, and if the attacker were to lose a fight they would forfeit all cash won during fights they were carrying at the time not just the $30K max or whatever limit was set. It should also be possible for even the strongest attacker to lose against a much weaker opponent (very unlikely obviously, but possible).
    Those are some interesting ideas. Bump up the random element and make a "stronger" player lose way more $$ if they lose. Say a base of $100K for each loss compared to $30K for each win, and multiplied by some factor depending on strength, such that a 500K ATK going 10-1 on a 300K DEF would essentially net $0.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Post Count
    so i get banned for sticking up to gree but billionaire doesn't for critsicing them. nice gree. well played. btw i know your reading this admin.

Banned
    Post Count
    btw when can i start a bloody thread. i got 15 posts already.

no ip bans gree.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I agree that the event wasn't where it could have been but I do feel this is the direction that Gree is going with gameplay and like seeing it. Playing the game to determine a winner. Huh! I'm not sure why the coins....couldn't Gree have just used the XP algorithm to score things?

This won't help but I feel like I was in the gree scoring sweetspot lvl wise and atk/def wise. I'm 165 with atk 495 def 430. I was giving out decent points and was beaten or robbed minutely it seemed. Constant red. Players 85 levels up @ 250 even stopped in.

I finished 11th and had a total of 7400 fights and robs. 375 pt average hit I think it worked out to be. Less considering my failed attempts at fights and the unfixed failed rob glitch.

Met alot of great players in the game and was nice that we were all able to help each other out setting up garbage buildings and abusing each other. Lots of fun and hopefully Gree can build on it.

Cheers and congratulations to the syndicates and individuals who competed.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by wa7sh the second View Post
    so i get banned for sticking up to gree but billionaire doesn't for critsicing them. nice gree. well played. btw i know your reading this admin.
    Constructive criticism.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post
    Constructive criticism.
    bill not saying you should be banned, the meaning was that its intresting how they dont ban people who give them a lot of money rather than someone who gives a smaller amount

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure that about 95% of top-tier spenders have been banned at least once.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post
    Then you've got the joke of all the prizes being loaded backwards along with a game changing modifier (Executive Coupe - 30% Upgrade cost reduction) that has no benefit for those who already have the Coupe. All that gold they wasted on that collect 10 event to get the Coupe and now you've awarded it to pretty much everyone in the game.
    When attacking others and looking at their stats you would be amazed how many don't have the coupe, even don't have the first prize (that was only 10 attacks). Hell, even I didn't bother looking into the event until I noticed here in the forum there was something wrong. At that point I realised I was missing something big. I even started a new mini for this. In 3 days I got it to L10 AND did the Brawl until the coupe.
    The hardest thing was to reach L10 with only 100 a/d. After the first prize it was peanuts.
    Gunny

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gunny22 View Post
    When attacking others and looking at their stats you would be amazed how many don't have the coupe, even don't have the first prize (that was only 10 attacks). Hell, even I didn't bother looking into the event until I noticed here in the forum there was something wrong. At that point I realised I was missing something big. I even started a new mini for this. In 3 days I got it to L10 AND did the Brawl until the coupe.
    The hardest thing was to reach L10 with only 100 a/d. After the first prize it was peanuts.
    Absolutely. I see no issue with active players getting access to the Coupé so they have a fighting chance to buy the Transtech within the time remaining. You'd need to be earning in all ways over $192K an hour to have a chance to build it now for those without, assuming the 30% discount also applies to build costs; a lot more if not.

I have no sympathy whatsoever with the people who got it earlier, have been using the benefit for months and are now crying. Maybe that's because I've built my hood up the hard way over about 18 months - no free banking, no building cost/time modifiers (except for the 3rd place Midtown one, and now the Coupé) and definitely no gold finishes. Get over it.
    Last edited by sister morphine; 07-03-2013 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Math!
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    The 30% won't (directly) help in buying the building, only in upgrading it.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lol all I read was: whahh WHAAH whaah! Its not your game, You didn't design it, If ya don't like it don't play it! Damn the rest of you get off this guys nutz! You all remind me of a bad case of da crabs the way you hang off his testies

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    The 30% won't (directly) help in buying the building, only in upgrading it.
    Speaking of the 30% off - anyone else noticing it's only giving a ~29% discount?

The odd numbers are really screwing with me.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    Speaking of the 30% off - anyone else noticing it's only giving a ~29% discount?

The odd numbers are really screwing with me.
    I've never done the math, but now you have me wanting to check it out.

Banned
    Post Count
    Did they change it for anyone?? I have stiil two coupe's but only one is counting. So they dont want to rename it right?