Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Question FAQ's and Common Questions

Attention Commanders!

This thread will address some of the more common questions regarding gameplay mechanics in War of Nations.

How do I find Base Cores?

Base Power Cores are required for the first three bases (1, 5, 15), while Base Fusion Cores are required for the second three bases (5, 15, 25) and Base Plasma Core are required for the final three bases (10, 25, 45).

Base Cores are randomly dropped when raiding bases, both from other players and Renegade Outposts. The more powerful the army that was defeated, the greater the chances that a Base Core will drop. They can also be purchased from the in-game store under the Items tab.

Players can only make a total of nine Outposts (and one Homebase). When the player makes each new outpost, the base cores are not consumed; the game only requires them to begin construction.

Players will always have every base core that they have ever acquired. When a new base is created, the game simply just checks to see if the player has the required amount.

Why didn't I Capture the Outpost?

The most common reason Outposts could not be captured is because the player did not have enough Base Cores.

Sometimes players can occupy Outposts even if they do not have enough Cores to capture, but they cannot take the Outpost for their own unless they have the required number of Base Cores.

Where are the resources I bought?

When resource packs are purchased from the in-game store, the pack must be opened from the player's inventory in order for those resources to become available.

Why did my Experimental Upgrade go down in level?

When Experimental Upgrades are successful, the selected ability will go up in level but when the Upgrade fails, the ability will be reduced. Players should use more Experimental Items to increase the chances the upgrade will be successful and increase the level of that ability.

When I change Worlds, can I keep my base?

War of Nations allows players to choose among many different worlds in which to create their base. Players can make multiple bases in different worlds, if they choose.

Each world is separate from the next and in-game assets, such as units, resources and buildings do not transfer between these worlds. Alliances are also restricted to the world that the Alliance was created in.

However, gold that was purchased in War of Nations can be used in any of the worlds in which a player has a base.

It is important to note that bases may be deleted from a world due to inactivity. The length of time before a base is pruned is determined by many factors, such as how long the base has existed, how much time has passed since last login and whether or not gold was spent on that base.

To select a different world, first open the Options Menu>Profile>Settings>Change World and then select one of the other worlds to start a new game.

My army appears stuck, what do I do?

This is a known bug that will be resolved in a future update. In the meantime, we periodically run scripts that unstick players armies. Players can also submit a support ticket in these cases but their army should be fixed by our script before too long a time has passed.

How do I change my Alliance Description?

We are working to add this feature to the game as soon as possible.

HOW DO I TURN OFF THE CHAT?!?!?!

We are aware of some of the problems regarding the chat and we are taking steps to alleviate these issues. We are working to add a report button, an ignore button and to enhance our language filters. We do have a language filter in place and our support team is working to investigate players who are abusing the chat but we apologize for any frustration caused.

I would like to ask an explanation for how I have lost several battles against:

1. Someone with much weaker units than me

2. A dramatically (10 levels and Rare vs. Common) weaker Commander than me

I spent some money for Gold to buy and strengthen rare commanders and it doesn't seem to help at all.....If there is no explanation as why stronger armies lose to weaker armies....it would stand to reason it doesnt make sense to spend real money and spend a ton of time building a superior army. PLEASE EXPLAIN.....this is not like Modern War when you can just see a defense number....so you look at individual units and Commanders to estimate strength....I hope there is some type of mathematical explanation or you will lose spenders quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Attention Commanders!

This thread will address some of the more common questions regarding gameplay mechanics in War of Nations.

How do I find Base Cores?

Base Power Cores are required for the first three bases (1, 5, 15), while Base Fusion Cores are required for the second three bases (5, 15, 25) and Base Plasma Core are required for the final three bases (10, 25, 45).

Base Cores are randomly dropped when raiding bases, both from other players and Renegade Outposts. The more powerful the army that was defeated, the greater the chances that a Base Core will drop. They can also be purchased from the in-game store under the Items tab.

Players can only make a total of nine Outposts (and one Homebase). When the player makes each new outpost, the base cores are not consumed; the game only requires them to begin construction.

Players will always have every base core that they have ever acquired. When a new base is created, the game simply just checks to see if the player has the required amount.

Why didn't I Capture the Outpost?

The most common reason Outposts could not be captured is because the player did not have enough Base Cores.

Sometimes players can occupy Outposts even if they do not have enough Cores to capture, but they cannot take the Outpost for their own unless they have the required number of Base Cores.

Where are the resources I bought?

When resource packs are purchased from the in-game store, the pack must be opened from the player's inventory in order for those resources to become available.

Why did my Experimental Upgrade go down in level?

When Experimental Upgrades are successful, the selected ability will go up in level but when the Upgrade fails, the ability will be reduced. Players should use more Experimental Items to increase the chances the upgrade will be successful and increase the level of that ability.

When I change Worlds, can I keep my base?

War of Nations allows players to choose among many different worlds in which to create their base. Players can make multiple bases in different worlds, if they choose.

Each world is separate from the next and in-game assets, such as units, resources and buildings do not transfer between these worlds. Alliances are also restricted to the world that the Alliance was created in.

However, gold that was purchased in War of Nations can be used in any of the worlds in which a player has a base.

It is important to note that bases may be deleted from a world due to inactivity. The length of time before a base is pruned is determined by many factors, such as how long the base has existed, how much time has passed since last login and whether or not gold was spent on that base.

To select a different world, first open the Options Menu>Profile>Settings>Change World and then select one of the other worlds to start a new game.

My army appears stuck, what do I do?

This is a known bug that will be resolved in a future update. In the meantime, we periodically run scripts that unstick players armies. Players can also submit a support ticket in these cases but their army should be fixed by our script before too long a time has passed.

How do I change my Alliance Description?

We are working to add this feature to the game as soon as possible.

HOW DO I TURN OFF THE CHAT?!?!?!

We are aware of some of the problems regarding the chat and we are taking steps to alleviate these issues. We are working to add a report button, an ignore button and to enhance our language filters. We do have a language filter in place and our support team is working to investigate players who are abusing the chat but we apologize for any frustration caused.

Quote Originally Posted by jimthefifth View Post
    I would like to ask an explanation for how I have lost several battles against:

1. Someone with much weaker units than me

2. A dramatically (10 levels and Rare vs. Common) weaker Commander than me

I spent some money for Gold to buy and strengthen rare commanders and it doesn't seem to help at all.....If there is no explanation as why stronger armies lose to weaker armies....it would stand to reason it doesnt make sense to spend real money and spend a ton of time building a superior army. PLEASE EXPLAIN.....this is not like Modern War when you can just see a defense number....so you look at individual units and Commanders to estimate strength....I hope there is some type of mathematical explanation or you will lose spenders quickly.
    Defence grids and lots of choppers would mean they are shooting the crap out of you before you get close. Hammerheads are rubbish I feel and need to be to close to fight and get killed before firing a round. Maybe its the units type versus the unit type.

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    when trying to capture a base, how long do you have to occupy it for it to be captured?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanta32 View Post
    Defence grids and lots of choppers would mean they are shooting the crap out of you before you get close. Hammerheads are rubbish I feel and need to be to close to fight and get killed before firing a round. Maybe its the units type versus the unit type.
    But Andy the description on Hammerheads is "Hammerheads can devastate undefended Helicopters", I therefore assumed from that description, that putting Hammerheads in my attacking army would stop it getting cut to ribbons before reaching the enemy base, by warding off the enemy defending helicopters who come out to defend.

(a) have you upgraded your mech?
    (b) are you using alot of Hammerheads or just a few per army sent out?
    (c) whats your favourite mix of units in an attacking army?
    (d) in the description for each unit is a heading called "range", rather than meaning how far they can travel from their case, does this mean how far their weapons can shoot? If so Helicopter is range 2,100, whilst Hammerhead is range 100, so on that analysis, you would be right the helicopters would inflict damage before the Hammerheads could engage. Hailstorms are range 2,100, and so that would suggest they are the counter to defenders helicopters???
    Last edited by HenryPaget; 07-03-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Resetting game

I had an account on my iPad nd my iPhone however game centre saw fit to erase my account on my iPad and replace it with the one on my iPhone. Is there a way to reset my iPad account and start again?

Thanks.

As far as I can tell, the units have a three tier system:short-range, mid-range, and long-range. Short-range includes jeeps and all mechs sans titans; mid-range includes tanks, arachnids, rocket trucks, hawks, and titans; long range houses helicopters, hailstorm, artillery, and rail guns. If you raid, attack, or capture, your units attack as soon as the enemy is within range. When building an outpost on open land (no existing outpost) the enemy fires until all units are within range before you get a chance to return fire. Short-range has the highest casualty rate but deals the most damage, mid-range has the most balanced stats in the game, long-range has the poorest stats and requires units in front of them to draw fire but with the longest range may deal as much if not more damage than short-range. If an army is composed of only one type of unit, I'd predict a sort of rock, paper, scissors outcome. Short trumps long, long trumps mid, and mid trumps short. Base your units accordingly when attacking an enemy that has a set army composition.
    KA- 289 905 980
    CC- 281 576 566
    MW- 693 224 305

What is a level 4+ NPC that i am supposed to attack in my missions/quests?

How do I move some of my commanders to my outposts?

Click the outpost and select reinforce.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
    when trying to capture a base, how long do you have to occupy it for it to be captured?
    Not sure if you ever received a response to your questions. First is that you have to have enough cores to capture. Then you have to win all the battles. To capture you must beat all units and bring the morale down to zero. This may take some time and a lot of troops to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sls View Post
    What is a level 4+ NPC that i am supposed to attack in my missions/quests?
    Check more toward the middle of the map. There you'll find level 4, 6, 8 and higher NPC outposts.

how is this fair

i got attacked by someone and lost 850k worth of units he lost 350k. he got 40% rebuilt and i only got 20% even tho he is higher lvl than me so he got double the destroy and double the rebuilt. in my mind that is totally unfair.

how can i boost morale to my base/outpost?

Quote Originally Posted by den de cru View Post
    how can i boost morale to my base/outpost?
    Time will pass and it will restore itself unless your being captured then you need morale boost from the in game store. You can usually get these free from NPC and PvP drops.