GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I know why most veterans of this forum are jaded

Articulate Author Tommy Two Toes's Avatar
    Post Count

Now I know why most veterans of this forum are jaded

Q & A for the petulant children.

Q) I spent money to get this prize a couple months ago, why is it so easy to get for free players now?
    A) Obviously Gree effed up on this one. They admitted it. If you reverse the prizes, the coupe would have been level 10 prize, which non-gold players wouldn't be likely to reach. Gree is the one that suffers most from this. What should have been a great incentive to scoop up some cash from people who missed the modifier before, is nothing more than a wasted opportunity for them.

Q) Why can't you stack two of the same item, it's not fair!
    A) It's a free item you can earn with relatively little time or XP, thanks to Gree's error. You'd probably complete five levels of the LTQ anyway to get it, so quit crying.

It's pretty obvious by the number of free players who think they won the lottery on this one, that the event is actually a non-event. Here is the reality that will soon burst your bubble: Stat inflation will go up by about 10-15k, so you aren't actually getting stronger, since all your enemies are too.

Like many others, I'll go ahead and complete Level 5, then spend a rare weekend enjoying real-life.

Post Count
    Although I'd be slightly more okay with the Executive Coupe being there if it was out of reach of free players, I still wouldn't like it. For one, I've spent ~200 gold and I'm working on #9 right now, which is still hardly comparable to a normal Collect-10 box event of the old days ("normal" meaning you didn't get exceptionally lucky). And even then, it seems so easy to just make the item slightly different, so that everyone could benefit. And by "everyone" I mean people who spend gold.

Banned
    Post Count
    I've only been playing for 3 months, but even I am gobsmacked at the size of the prize for level 1 Street Brawl for 10 measly fights.

I must be really annoying for more experienced players who were getting rubbish prizes for hard work/gold spend in the past.

Forget inflation...........GREEd are going to hyper-inflation with this. I also think it makes the box event look silly - those prizes are complete crapola by comparison!
    Last edited by Claymores; 06-28-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymores View Post
    I've only been playing for 3 months, but even I am gobsmacked at the size of the prize for level 1 Street Brawl for 10 measly fights.

I must be really annoying for more experienced players who were getting rubbish prizes for hard work/gold spend in the past.

Forget inflation...........GREEd are going to hyper-inflation with this. I also think it makes the box event look silly - those prizes are complete crapola by comparison!
    No, in comically inept fashion, GREE input the prizes backwards. You get the 14th prize for 10 fights, the 13th prize for 25 fights, then the 12th, 11th, 10th, etc.

Banned
    Post Count
    I guess, Biggie, it just becomes a non-event? Almost compulsory to do the first 5 or 6 levels so that you have the same as everyone else, then forget it????????

At my lowly level, the fight comparison screens have become ridiculous.........EVERYONE has the same 3 high value items when you look at fight result!!!!!!!!!!!

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I knew today was gonna be a good day. Thanks GREE

Banned
    Post Count
    I don't think of it as an error (though it is), but as a way to get players sucked into this type of event. Think of the very first LTB... what an amazing building! The first Boss rocked the world for all my accounts, even Legen who couldn't get that far for free.

Ok, the first LTQ stunk if you couldn't find the low level buildings to rob at L200, but for the most part it was decent with a LOT of prizes for anyone who had too much energy, and they don't need to get L200 players sucked into the game... they already are.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    First ltb was on par with the rest until they changed it to type a.

Post Count
    The Pagoda was still pretty good as a Type B, considering its output and its relatively cheap and fast upgrades. Turning it into a Type A just made it a beast of a building, second only to the NCs (but easier to collect on).

Although I'm not sure what Pagodas have to do with anything.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I dunno ask barney, toy box isn't horrible eaither it seems like gree has made it a point to make all the 4x4 more easily accessible then the 8x8.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Not saying it will balance out for the whale spenders, but I'd imagine the next ltb will have some monster cost for upgrades.
    Do you have change for my 2 cents?

Banned
    analyzing noobs recruiting at recruitment section ;D
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Two Toes View Post
    Q & A for the petulant children.

Q) I spent money to get this prize a couple months ago, why is it so easy to get for free players now?
    A) Obviously Gree effed up on this one. They admitted it. If you reverse the prizes, the coupe would have been level 10 prize, which non-gold players wouldn't be likely to reach. Gree is the one that suffers most from this. What should have been a great incentive to scoop up some cash from people who missed the modifier before, is nothing more than a wasted opportunity for them.

Q) Why can't you stack two of the same item, it's not fair!
    A) It's a free item you can earn with relatively little time or XP, thanks to Gree's error. You'd probably complete five levels of the LTQ anyway to get it, so quit crying.

It's pretty obvious by the number of free players who think they won the lottery on this one, that the event is actually a non-event. Here is the reality that will soon burst your bubble: Stat inflation will go up by about 10-15k, so you aren't actually getting stronger, since all your enemies are too.

Like many others, I'll go ahead and complete Level 5, then spend a rare weekend enjoying real-life.

your wrong on the last bit.
    1)not everyone is going to participate
    2) some may be to weak to win fights
    3) not everyone is active

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Although I'm not sure what Pagodas have to do with anything.
    What he's trying to say is that the first LTB (needs IPH) was awesome, the first LTQ (needs energy) was awesome and think of this event as a first PvP event (needs stamina) and it's awesome as well!

Well, it would have still been awesome if the 5th prize was the 9th prize, so I guess that's true - GREE wanted this event to be amazing. But, they made it too easy for everyone after getting the prizes backwards. Having said that, I'm a free player so I'm not complaining although I do feel for the players who spent all that gold to get the mod in the first place

Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

Post Count
    Why the assumption that the in-event prize ordering is an error? I actually think it's quite cleverly balanced to reward low level, free and gold players. The prizes are geared to capability with effort* rewarded at the end. (*or how big is your wallet). Have you really not noticed that although within the event the prizes decrease, individual and syndicate ranking are rewarded?!!! So the usual suspects (yawn) will get the top group and individual prizes as always. Were they to also be the only ones to have access to the in-event rewards of any value, THEN the event would be a non-event for the vast number of players on the lower reaches of Mount Gree. This way round at least all active players get rewards worth having; those lording it over us on the rarified higher slopes get in-event, individual AND collective prizes. That doesn't strike me as being unfairly disadvantaged.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Gree told us that they messed up.