Guild LTQs Give XP Without Participating

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guild LTQs Give XP Without Participating

Guild LTQs Give XP Without Participating

My guild is participating in the Guild LTQs. I have been camping ever since I've started playing the game, but have noticed that these new guild LTQs are giving me XP and I'm not even participating. Gree, is this really intended? Are you slowly trying to move everyone toward level 200, or is this just an oversight?

It is about to push me over to another level, and I *really* don't want that.

Post Count
    Leave the guild temporarily so you're not getting the xp or the units.
    "I make no apologies for the way I play the game.
    It's not my fault if you are weaker than I.
    It's yours. Don't whine about it. Fix it."

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    That's what I would do? just leave the guild until the quests are done and then join back. I'm sure your guild will understand. I personally don't camp even though it has hurt me in boss events. I say level up and play until you are a whale too! Although it would be nice if guild quests didn't result in exp at all.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I noticed no complaints about getting the *free* units without having to play.

Post Count
    Is it just the "reward XP" that is being given out to all?

I mean, does the XP gained from killing mobs go to the guild as well?

The reward XP seems to be quite low, but I suppose a point's a point, and that point could push you up to where you don't want to be.

Unfortunately, being a whale means spending a lot of money.

Consistent Contributor shirayuki's Avatar
    Post Count
    Same here...I leveled up without doing the guild quests. But why?? I don't want to level up quickly. Thanks Gree. O.o

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by shirayuki View Post
    Same here...I leveled up without doing the guild quests. But why?? I don't want to level up quickly. Thanks Gree. O.o
    Then leave the guild until your guild is finished the Guild Quest so you aren't getting the XP.
    Last edited by Mickeytah; 06-28-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    "I make no apologies for the way I play the game.
    It's not my fault if you are weaker than I.
    It's yours. Don't whine about it. Fix it."

Lurker
    Post Count
    Then leave the guild until your guild is finished the Guild Quest so you aren't getting the XP.
    Then they wouldn't get the rewards! GREE, in addition to giving these campers the guild rewards without them gaining XP in future guild events, I recommend you also:

- reverse their XP gains
    - credit them with 1,500 gems for the inconvenience
    - take their cake away and allow them eat it too

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingachgook View Post
    Then they wouldn't get the rewards! GREE, in addition to giving these campers the guild rewards without them gaining XP in future guild events, I recommend you also:

- reverse their XP gains
    - credit them with 1,500 gems for the inconvenience
    - take their cake away and allow them eat it too

Awesome!

Not sure I understand your logic. The rewards can be given without the XP. It doesn't make sense to gain XP when you're not doing anything.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedPunchVictim View Post
    Not sure I understand your logic. The rewards can be given without the XP. It doesn't make sense to gain XP when you're not doing anything.
    Call it poetic justice .......you sit around doing nothing while your guild does all the work......then you get an awesome unit for doing nothing....but now pay a penalty....???

KA: 630-568-270

I don't see how it's poetic or even justice? It's a game design decision that will eventually force everyoneup to higher levels. Yeah, it's great to get the units from the Guild LTQs, but it's not always the player's decision to participate in them. This punishes the player for being in the guild. I think this might be an oversight on Gree's part, so I wanted to raise this as a side effect of their decision.

If Gree's intention is to help us form micro communities through a guilding system, punishing players like this is subtracting away from their original intentions.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This is the single whiniest thread I have ever had the displeasure of reading. If everyone was to stop for a second, I am sure the sound of violins playing sad songs of leveling up would be heard.

It's called a "guild quest" for a reason.

Love this community.