Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

Random quickie questions

Hi folks looking to start a thread for folk to ask questions and other to hopefully answer them, for example here are some of mine

When is it best to fuse two commanders?
    Why does adding helicopters slow my army in travel, surely faster than tanks? (I feel its to even things up and prevent huge power units zipping across the map on snatch and grab missions)
    How will I know which commanders are best to absorb?
    How do I protect more resoucres.(found out its by upgrading command centres)

Maybe even a gree rep can help answer some aswell
    Last edited by Fanta32; 06-23-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Add info

Reserved for future posts

Hi Fanta,

I been playing for around 20 days since it was released earlier in Australian than America. Still... hard to answer these questions especially on commanders and I am not sure if i am doing the right thing.

First thing to know about fusing is that you can only fuse two of the same commanders, for example, you can only fuse Raven with Raven. You cannot fuse Ravan with Natasha (although that might be an interesting sight).

Generally, when i get a junior recruit, I have found it best to fuse them straight away so their maximum level is increased from 1/10 to 1/20 then to 1/30 etc. A commander can gain experience pretty quickly and level up to 10/10 and then cannot be levelled up any further. I have 3 commanders at level 20/20 and but i have no match to fuse them any further. I have now got one commander at 15/40 and am trying to train her up as my star commander (by sending her on suicide missions with huge armies to get her experience up). Again, and I repeat, I am not sure if this is the best strategy, i guess time will tell and once more people contribute to this forum can we understand what is the best methods.

As a new player, you will get a free junior recruit (commander) everyday so you will have a lot for fusing. However, I can foresee as the game maturers, You will need a lot of commanders as the number of bases you have grow. I am thinking between 5-10 commanders per base so you can send multiple waves of attacks from each base. At least one of these commanders should be very experienced (senior recruit level), to help fend off attacks or to be the spearhead in any offensive echelon you send out.

Here are some strategies that seem to work for me:

- Join a strong and active alliance - preferably one that is close to you.

- Since there are no personal messaging to speak to your (a major flaw in the game) An offensive stance seems to be the best strategy. I suggest you try to establish yourself as best you can in the opening stanzas and try attack everything around you before you get attacked yourself. Keep your neighbours weak while you grow strong. if you do this well, you may not need gold and they may join your alliance. If you let them grow strong, you may need to join their alliance.

- First focus on money in the first few days since all buildings and research need money. Very soon after that, focus on iron, oil and fuel in that order and before your immunity expires. Get your army training in the last few days of immunity and reinforce any outposts you have. You want to be standing strong when the immunity shield comes down.

- My experience so far is that you need slightly more iron than oil, since iron is used for buidlings as well as units. Oil is only used for units. You will need a lot of fuel. A lot of fuel. if you want a big army. After 20 days, i find myself needing to really upgrade the fuel buildings more than any other.

- Like in Modern War, Always try to have a building upgrade, conduct research an army.

- Do not leave any hexagons undeveloped!!! This should be plainly obvious, but you see bases all the time with hexagons left blank... Why?? Hexagons are god given resource to build, use them all, and generate an economy and army with them. Whenever i see a base with spare hexagons, Its a pretty good indication that the player is not the best strategist and I can pretty much just attack without a scout. Easy battle points.

If any of you strong guys finds me on the map - remember these tips i just gave and DONT ATTACK ME. Thanks.
    Last edited by WI(AusNz); 06-22-2013 at 05:11 AM.

What should I spend my gold on?
    Have fun, it's only a game

What does base capture mean? Do you own captured base?

How long does one have till immunity runs out?

Quote Originally Posted by TWAG View Post
    How long does one have till immunity runs out?
    To to a renegade outpost, click centre building then attack as if you are going to hit it, it will say "attack this and you Los your immunity, remaining 5d 12h"....or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by KA_A View Post
    What does base capture mean? Do you own captured base?
    Not fully sure I've not been playing 24 hours yet but should be able to overtake an outpost but not a base providing you have enough of the fusion core things you need for expanding. Maybe need a certain level commander aswell? Only guessing sorry. Hopefully someone lucky enough to have captured one will tell us. I did see someone killed every unit in a capture but didnt get the base, I thought maybe due to lack of fusion cores but don't fully know

Different take on Commander fusing than WI (Aus NZ) as I level them to the maximum and then fuse two max level commanders together.

The reason for this is that it increases the second level strength builder called Stars which can be filled by this Commander "absorbing" another Commander.

Absorbing Commanders:
    You are able to see the result of what WOULD happen if you absorbed Commander A to Commander B without actually performing it so play with it to see. Results can vary significantly though generally the higher the level absorbed, the bigger the star boost is.

In the Factory, select train and then click on the ? Above each unit. It will give you the speed of travel for each unit. Helicopters are slower, probably cause the pilots union limit their flying time :-)

Protecting resources.....still trying to work that out, think it is related to the level of your base and outpost HQ's.

Yeh it's command centre level that increases protected resources, I found it out in game settings then help section.

I done fusion with two commanders but no more, I would rather have the 10 energy and get 10 more raids with 400 jeeps and get resources and rewards than have them as one doing nothing different at such an early stage.

One of the missions is telling me to build an outpost towards the centre of the map but which way is the centre?

Aha

If you click on map, it shows you your location and gives coordinates between -1500 and 1500 for x and y. The center of the map is at the origin (0,0).
    KA- 289 905 980
    CC- 281 576 566
    MW- 693 224 305

Nice one! Thanks Ed

Aha

Quote Originally Posted by Aha View Post
    One of the missions is telling me to build an outpost towards the centre of the map but which way is the centre?
    I built mine further away to build over a base with two iron mines and it still completed the mission. Basically have another outpost is the mission I think

Below you see the map co ords -75,-24 and has titanium and uranium mines, you require huge amounts of units to build an outpost here due to strong defences then I'm unsure of any requirments you may need to settle there eg commander level, base fusion cores, headquarters level
    Last edited by Fanta32; 06-23-2013 at 05:10 AM.