A response to your concerns regarding cheaters and taking a step forward together - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A response to your concerns regarding cheaters and taking a step forward together

Post Count
    Many folks here have made some very excellent points. This week has a lot going on so far (we just pushed out 1.9 which had some excellent things folks have been asking for) but, I want to work with all the teams here to make sure we can address everyone's comments and concerns.

I will ask folks to take time and reread all I had to say and share. Please don't just focus on one thing.

"Please note that many are unaware of someone in their guild dumping in gold and when they see their members banned/removed, they do get surprised and most times in a negative way. We don't want to punish those that were innocent and just going about playing the game they enjoy. So we are being very careful in the way we handle this matter and how visible the effects are.

This does not mean don't report them to us just note that it is a very sensitive matter and we do not want to have everyone get upset when they do see actions taken."

No one wants to be punished for what the small few choose to do, hence why we are taking this very seriously and doing our best to respect everyone's feelings on/in the matter.

As for other comments regarding things, they will be addressed. I appreciate what everyone has had to say thus far.

~Sirius

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I for one appreciate the attempt at communication with the masses. I've been a console/pc/mobile gamer for a very long time and there is cheating/hacking/glitching in EVERY game. You can't prevent it, and sometimes the people on this same forum are the ones cheating and hacking. This a game for me and will remain a game for me...until pulling out my phone and showing a woman my kingdom gets me a date with a super model.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Many folks here have made some very excellent points. This week has a lot going on so far (we just pushed out 1.9 which had some excellent things folks have been asking for) but, I want to work with all the teams here to make sure we can address everyone's comments and concerns.

I will ask folks to take time and reread all I had to say and share. Please don't just focus on one thing.

"Please note that many are unaware of someone in their guild dumping in gold and when they see their members banned/removed, they do get surprised and most times in a negative way. We don't want to punish those that were innocent and just going about playing the game they enjoy. So we are being very careful in the way we handle this matter and how visible the effects are.

This does not mean don't report them to us just note that it is a very sensitive matter and we do not want to have everyone get upset when they do see actions taken."

No one wants to be punished for what the small few choose to do, hence why we are taking this very seriously and doing our best to respect everyone's feelings on/in the matter.

As for other comments regarding things, they will be addressed. I appreciate what everyone has had to say thus far.

~Sirius
    In light of what you just said, I'll focus on what you chose to highlight out of your own words, since clearly that's what you wanted to emphasize.

"Please note that many are unaware of someone in their guild dumping in gold..."

This is the part we take exception to. This is not possible or reasonable. Guilds have been out for four months. 8th grade math says that you cannot do what they did without cheating, not even mentioning a donation log.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know my executives were blowing my 401k on their private jets. Do I still get to keep my job at Enron?"

"I'm sorry, Your Honor, I didn't see the murder of that person right in front of my own eyes by my team mate. I also didn't know that I am required by law to report this crime. Can I not go to jail?"

Ignorance of the law is not an exception. These so-called legitimate players should reasonably know that they are benefiting from cheating. They are not victims. Your paying customers are. Make this right.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    we do not want to have everyone get upset when they do see actions taken
    The problem we have is that you are putting the rights of players that have benefited from hackers, knowingly or unknowingly, over the rights of a far greater number of players that have been cheated out of tangible and intangible benefits by these hacked guilds.

Every member of these 60 member guilds has had a great advantage for months in terms of gold they did not have to donate, energy/health/casualty/building bonuses, and event prizes (which members of legitimate guilds miss out on because they cannot overcome the member disadvantage at low levels of gem spending).
    Last edited by Mr Painite; 06-26-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Post Count

~Sirius

We as a forum Community appreciate your time and effort in this matter, but will we see a recount of the last few Wars dur to the illigitamant gain by those who chose the easy way compared to the rest that worked hard and dilligently to get where they are, some missed out due to certain Guilds talking spots that should have been for honest, i understand you dont want to upset the players "That dont know" that their Guild is Dubious ! but why negate who to upset and who not too ? look at the XP high gain Farce, a lot of people got burnt on that and no-one cared, so why put the kid gloves on over this ? i would be Strict and stringent on these types irellevent wether they new or not , its not an excuse?
    Some Guilds advertise that they have unlocked all bonuses ? i mean really C'mon, its not a Means test ?! simple out and out wrong, they choose that guild suffer the consequences !, if i was in such a guild then i would expect nothing less than the return of all ill gotten gains and units, gold to be restored before said persons "Dumped it there", so an anyalergy of this would be...say 10-15 guilds dubious amounts of bonuses and memebers....so if Gree reverts the said Guild back to say 47-50 members thats 195 people Maximum that will get burned...compared to how many of us were cheated out of prizes , units and so on !

And the ball is back to you
    Thankyou

Sirus is this a joke ?

About 60 guilds members with maxed bonus ... So RK does not make effort enough as they were only 58 last war. But sure those lower levels did it. Except FUN or RK (if they are 60 now), ALL 60 MEMBERS GOT IT HACKING. Stop being sloppy because those guilds have gem players in it

Lurker
    Post Count

Are you doing anything on cheaters?

19th of April I sent in a report (#529099) about a player with over 368,000,000 in Gold, that is a member of one of the 60 members guild.

He is still playing! And the Guild still exist, are you realy doing anything about cheaters?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    is the new guild quest time limited? i dont see anything about that on there

Post Count
    A lot of players do no spend thousands on wars as they see them as pointless they instead spend thousands if not more on gold. And you can also make 5mil-20mil if not more by farming not very hard.

The top guilds are far from the biggest real money spenders in this game.
    I have personal friends that spend over 30k a month just on buying gold.

Name and shame is a very bad idea there are so many same name guilds and players it is not even funny.

I am not saying there are no cheaters there are and allways will be.
    KA ID kusajishi 442-667-646

SAILOR SCOUTS GUILD MEMBER

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusa View Post
    A lot of players do no spend thousands on wars as they see them as pointless they instead spend thousands if not more on gold. And you can also make 5mil-20mil if not more by farming not very hard.

The top guilds are far from the biggest real money spenders in this game.
    I have personal friends that spend over 30k a month just on buying gold.

Name and shame is a very bad idea there are so many same name guilds and players it is not even funny.

I am not saying there are no cheaters there are and allways will be.
    Wars are pointless, but gold is not. I don't know what game you're playing. The BS flag is being tossed.

KA ally code - 583-237-638

MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*

Lurker
    Post Count
    I'm really happy that gree listened to the players and added guild LTQs. Adds another element to the game and gets everyone evolved. BUT this is another HUGE advantage these 60 member guilds gain. They will go a lot further then legit guilds due to more members and energy regen. Something needs to be done about this! We actually lost 2 members to these hacked guilds boasting about maxed out bonuses. Players know max bonuses aren't obtainable without cheating and yet they still choose to go to these guilds. I don't see the innocence you speak of.
    While you figure out a way to not piss off members in these hacked guilds.... instead you are pissing off everyone else who chooses to stay and build a legit guild. These hacked guilds hurt the game and lets players in them gain a huge advantage in all LTQs, Boss Events, and Guild Wars.
    Explain why gree chooses to go about this carefully to not upset players who chose knowingly to be apart of a hacked guild? But choose to do nothing and piss off 90% of the players who chose to play the game the right way.

Post Count
    To a lot yes they are pointless not Even going to count how many camper guilds out there that do not take part in the wars are out there my guess over 500 some prob more.
    Everyone has a differant play style in this game some like to fight some do not like to fight and some just do not care.

I Dought we will ever see eye to eye kj
    KA ID kusajishi 442-667-646

SAILOR SCOUTS GUILD MEMBER

Lurker
    Post Count
    After reading all the posts from beginning to end I see many valid points and some that really just sound like moaning and complaining. For one Gree did make an effort to let everyone know SOMETHING is being done about the problem. If everyone knows that it is ALWAYS going to be a problem regardless of how big or small what are we still talking about? Last I checked FUN was still the number one guild in the Giants Alley war and undoubtedly will be in Glacier Pass coming up in a few weeks. So, if these guilds are still winning legitimately how is it an unfair advantage? If that was going to be an argument then why has no one brought up anything about how unfair it is for FUN to still compete in the Guild wars and gain all the bonus units every single war where other equally legitimate guilds are doing the same and still not moving up/down much but still not receiving the same amount of units? I enjoy the game. Period. Bottom line is there is always going to be someone bigger, badder, smarter, and stronger that will come along. However they choose to do it. If someone decides to go download software and grant themselves an unlimited amount of gold, gems, and honor then I agree they should be punished but at the same time how many console users have done that in Call of Duty, Halo, or Grand Theft Auto? Is it not more fun to run around with a platinum RPG and feel like the most b.a.m.f. there is? Let the cheaters have their day and Gree will stop them for a time and the rest of us legit players will keep grinding it out. I'm not defending cheating the system at all but it will happen. If Microsoft cant stop it on Xbox Live or Sony get hacked out of their own system for 3 months or Apple stop jailbreaking completely why are you coming down so harshly about this? Play your game with your friends and do what you can. In he meantime expect Gree to handle it and keep their word and if they dont and that bothers you no one is forcing you to turn on the game and keep playing anymore. Lets be adults about this.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I guess many of us are being adult by highlighting our concern, submitting tickets when we see something wrong, making what we hope to be constructive suggestions and lobbying Gree along what we see as appropriate actions.

FUN still being number one does not mean hackers are not already hurting them. If we wait till the day hacker guild became number one, the problem will truly be beyond repair.

Regrettably I do not understand nor agree with comments that seems to suggest a cessation in "mourning" or "complaining" ...

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerD99 View Post
    After reading all the posts from beginning to end I see many valid points and some that really just sound like moaning and complaining. For one Gree did make an effort to let everyone know SOMETHING is being done about the problem. If everyone knows that it is ALWAYS going to be a problem regardless of how big or small what are we still talking about? Last I checked FUN was still the number one guild in the Giants Alley war and undoubtedly will be in Glacier Pass coming up in a few weeks. So, if these guilds are still winning legitimately how is it an unfair advantage? If that was going to be an argument then why has no one brought up anything about how unfair it is for FUN to still compete in the Guild wars and gain all the bonus units every single war where other equally legitimate guilds are doing the same and still not moving up/down much but still not receiving the same amount of units? I enjoy the game. Period. Bottom line is there is always going to be someone bigger, badder, smarter, and stronger that will come along. However they choose to do it. If someone decides to go download software and grant themselves an unlimited amount of gold, gems, and honor then I agree they should be punished but at the same time how many console users have done that in Call of Duty, Halo, or Grand Theft Auto? Is it not more fun to run around with a platinum RPG and feel like the most b.a.m.f. there is? Let the cheaters have their day and Gree will stop them for a time and the rest of us legit players will keep grinding it out. I'm not defending cheating the system at all but it will happen. If Microsoft cant stop it on Xbox Live or Sony get hacked out of their own system for 3 months or Apple stop jailbreaking completely why are you coming down so harshly about this? Play your game with your friends and do what you can. In he meantime expect Gree to handle it and keep their word and if they dont and that bothers you no one is forcing you to turn on the game and keep playing anymore. Lets be adults about this.

Post Count
    The boss said 3 days a couple hours a go now it is 1 hour??