Page 1 of 2 12 Last

An Arena feature I'd like to see

I'd like to be able to preview the opponents lineup before committing to combat, i.e. see what armors all the members of the opponents team are wearing.
    Level 50 and rising 50+ welcome
    currently 27/33 members
    8% Spirit/8% Water/9% Fire/8% Earth/9% Air

Not really possible for them to take that move as it will increase the chance of a 8/8 and reduce gem spending! Not in GREE's business strategy though it is something everyone would like to see...
    War of Nations:

World 12:

Praetorian Guard Officer
    PG_MapLes

Quote Originally Posted by JonS52 View Post
    I'd like to be able to preview the opponents lineup before committing to combat, i.e. see what armors all the members of the opponents team are wearing.
    Sorry to say but that idea is ridiculous. How easy would it be then to win battles.
    IGN: Slevinn
    K&D: XBB-YCD-MYZ Lv. 123
    Guild: The Rainbow Room ~ Guild of Legends

Friendlist currently full | Data Sheet Administration

True, but part of what triggers my desire is the fact that combat is already biased in favor of the opponent. The opponent always strikes first, so all things being equal (same armors, same level, same order) the opponent will always win. Misses do play a role and they're supposedly random (not that I necessarily believe that ) but all things being equal the opponent will always win. At least being able to preview his lineup will help to level the bias.
    currently 27/33 members

True, but part of what triggers my desire is the fact that combat is already biased in favor of the opponent. The opponent always strikes first, so all things being equal (same armors, same level, same order) the opponent will always win. Misses do play a role and they're supposedly random (not that I necessarily believe that ) but all things being equal the opponent will always win. At least being able to preview his lineup will help to level the bias.
    Actually in higher levels, knowing the opponents lineup basically gaurantees a win when you just need to switch your armor around to beat each armor on the opponent. That's why there's more tactics without a preview of your opponents lineup because you have note down your opponents previous lineup, but If he changed his lineup again, you would have to adapt the next fight.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

Not always, you or your opponent will have a chance to miss as you've said and without considering critical hits. It's all down to the chances. But what they can do to make it more fair is to give a coin game or something to decide who hit first before starting the battle!
    War of Nations:

World 12:

Praetorian Guard Officer
    PG_MapLes

Quote Originally Posted by maple1736 View Post
    Not always, you or your opponent will have a chance to miss as you've said and without considering critical hits. It's all down to the chances. But what they can do to make it more fair is to give a coin game or something to decide who hit first before starting the battle!
    Haha I like the coin game idea, would definitely make things more interesting.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Arena is now more about guild bonusses. My blackfrost is defeating tons of aegis and bkale that i could never defeat before. If youre guild is domination the element bonusses, you dominate arena fights. It's only fair for people who invest a lot of money in their guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by deathexe View Post
    Actually in higher levels, knowing the opponents lineup basically gaurantees a win when you just need to switch your armor around to beat each armor on the opponent. That's why there's more tactics without a preview of your opponents lineup because you have note down your opponents previous lineup, but If he changed his lineup again, you would have to adapt the next fight.
    It would only guarantee a win if your armors were equal, and if your armors were equal then the opponent automatically has the advantage due to getting first hit.

And I don't know about you but there are soooooo many players in this game I just can't keep track of them all, particularly when there are multiple players with the same name. And you can't rely on the achievement title a player uses since they can change that at will. Is this the lvl 41 Jon with all mid lvl 50 armors, or is it the Jon that's lvl 148 with all maxed lvl 70+ armors? Or is it the lvl 108 Jon with a lvl 70+ mid range and two lvl 50+. Assuming I'm lvl 105 with one mid lvl 70+ and two maxed 50+ I will probably beat the 1st, the 2nd will pwn me, and it's a tossup with the 3rd. Knowing the lineup would likely only change the odds in my favor in the third case.
    currently 27/33 members

Quote Originally Posted by Slevinn View Post
    Arena is now more about guild bonusses. My blackfrost is defeating tons of aegis and bkale that i could never defeat before. If youre guild is domination the element bonusses, you dominate arena fights. It's only fair for people who invest a lot of money in their guilds.
    And if bonuses are equal, then the opponent has the advantage due to first hit.

I repeat ALL things being equal the opponent WILL win.
    currently 27/33 members

It would only guarantee a win if your armors were equal, and if your armors were equal then the opponent automatically has the advantage due to getting first hit.

And I don't know about you but there are soooooo many players in this game I just can't keep track of them all, particularly when there are multiple players with the same name. And you can't rely on the achievement title a player uses since they can change that at will. Is this the lvl 41 Jon with all mid lvl 50 armors, or is it the Jon that's lvl 148 with all maxed lvl 70+ armors? Or is it the lvl 108 Jon with a lvl 70+ mid range and two lvl 50+. Assuming I'm lvl 105 with one mid lvl 70+ and two maxed 50+ I will probably beat the 1st, the 2nd will pwn me, and it's a tossup with the 3rd. Knowing the lineup would likely only change the odds in my favor in the third case.
    You could win easily as long as you have the elemental advantage. Even when your opponent gets the first hit. Anyways, the example I was giving was when you're 100+ with several maxed 70+ armor. You would usually be meeting the same people in the arena considering that you'll be around the top 100, so noting down the lineups of your opponents aren't that hard.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by deathexe View Post
    You could win easily as long as you have the elemental advantage. Even when your opponent gets the first hit. Anyways, the example I was giving was when you're 100+ with several maxed 70+ armor. You would usually be meeting the same people in the arena considering that you'll be around the top 100, so noting down the lineups of your opponents aren't that hard.
    That's true, but since everybody would then have this advantage it would just mean that more people build up more points faster, but I'm not sure that it would change the standings any. It would definitely make the play play more enjoyable for everybody, JMHO. Since it would call for more tactics in setting up your lineup to best your opponents lineup it would enhance gameplay. But the standings wouldn't be affected since everybody has the same advantage.
    Last edited by JonS52; 06-21-2013 at 04:17 AM.
    currently 27/33 members

That's true, but since everybody would then have this advantage it would just mean that more people build up more points faster, but I'm not sure that it would change the standings any. It would definitely make the play play more enjoyable for everybody, JMHO. Since it would call for more tactics in setting up your lineup to best your opponents lineup it would enhance gameplay. But the standings wouldn't be affected since everybody has the same advantage.
    Planning and strategizing is out of the window once you can see your opponents setup. How hard would it be to setup your team to counter an opponent when you can see his setup. Where's the tactic in that?
    Last edited by Raistmar; 06-21-2013 at 04:29 AM.

And if bonuses are equal, then the opponent has the advantage due to first hit.

I repeat ALL things being equal the opponent WILL win.
    That is why the game is about a tactical team of three knights, about the bettter armors and about the guild bonus. Don'
    t penalize players that are loyal and spending gems on dpc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistmar View Post
    Planning and strategizing is out of the window once you can see your opponents setup. How hard would it be to setup you team to counter an opponent when you can see his setup. Where's the tactic in that?
    And how much tactics are involved in going in blind? You can't plan with no information. And I know that some have pointed out that I'm supposed to keep track of opponents and their armors, and maybe some can but I don't seem to be able to. Big armor will always beat little armor, knowing what he's wearing won't do a bit of good if his armor is lvl 50 and yours is lvl 30.
    currently 27/33 members