Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Slevinn View Post
    That is why the game is about a tactical team of three knights, about the bettter armors and about the guild bonus. Don'
    t penalize players that are loyal and spending gems on dpc.
    How would it penalize? Everybody gets the same play. The better armors will beat the lesser armors, the bonuses will still apply.
    Level 50 and rising 50+ welcome
    currently 27/33 members
    8% Spirit/8% Water/9% Fire/8% Earth/9% Air

Quote Originally Posted by JonS52 View Post
    And how much tactics are involved in going in blind? You can't plan with no information. And I know that some have pointed out that I'm supposed to keep track of opponents and their armors, and maybe some can but I don't seem to be able to. Big armor will always beat little armor, knowing what he's wearing won't do a bit of good if his armor is lvl 50 and yours is lvl 30.
    Scout your opponent. Talk to people in your guild, help each other out. That's what planning and strategizing is. You don't have to go in blind. What you want is basically to win every time.

How would it penalize? Everybody gets the same play. The better armors will beat the lesser armors, the bonuses will still apply.
    Let me just point out that a maxed AA+ (50) will beat a maxed Jian's+ (70) even if Jian's has first hit. This would seem to contradict what you are saying.
    My advice, just keep leveling up and improving/maxing your armor. You will improve your odds and performance. Most of us all stumbled through some part of this like you (and when I miss a bunch of time early in the arena, then I stumble through it some more again...mostly due to there being many more unknown opponents with decent to great armor).
    Also, the recently nerfed arena points for players level 100+ is making things much more difficult for those of us up here.
    Last edited by L C; 06-21-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Level 100 players won't get a chance at 45 points anymore. That is what I meant.
    IGN: Slevinn
    K&D: XBB-YCD-MYZ Lv. 123
    Guild: The Rainbow Room ~ Guild of Legends

Friendlist currently full | Data Sheet Administration

... The opponent always strikes first, so all things being equal (same armors, same level, same order) the opponent will always win. ...
    but you control the use of your SA, whereas the opponent appears to spam it at will and quite often wastes it on a small amount of hp remaining that could've easily been taken with a regular attack. Opponent striking first is quite fair imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Grruumm View Post
    but you control the use of your SA, whereas the opponent appears to spam it at will and quite often wastes it on a small amount of hp remaining that could've easily been taken with a regular attack. Opponent striking first is quite fair imho.
    Was waiting for this to be pointed out.

Anyway, the strategy in the arena is forming well-balanced team that can take out most opponents, based on generally used armors and trends. This is enough to get you into the top 100 at least if you play actively. Here is where you start facing the same opponents over and over and where the set ups start variating more, so writing down set ups is starting to make sense. This estimating what of what team would take out the average opponent, yet is balanced enough to stand a chance against different variaties is what makes strategy in the arena vital to get and stay in the high ranks. Giving people the possibility to view their opponents' set up not only entirely removes this strategy, but also makes it possible to pretty much instantly win for people of lvl 100+ with 4-5 or more maxed lvl 70 armors. This having the consequence that getting high ranks in the arena is solely based on the time one invests into making sure no AE goes to waste and the amount of gems spend in extra AE. Or in other words: it would ruin the pvp element of the arena and in that way, in my opinion, the arena as a whole.
    IGN: SiRR Dot
    Guild: The Rainbow Room
    All Hail The King Cloud!

Join the Rainbow Coalition: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ild-of-Legends

Questions?
    Line id: sir.dot
    Line name: Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Grruumm View Post
    Not quite at will, they use it as soon as it is available, but as you say this is often not the best tactical time to use it. Time and time again I see an opponent use the special hit to take out a knight with almost no health left. First strike for the opponent is the balancer.

Actually, I feel that the strategy comes from CHOOSING your opponents wisely. Admittedly, it does involving tracking, which is not always foolproof when people change their names, but it does help a lot. I've records of the lineups of about 3000 players, though some may be duplicates and inactive.

Armorwise, one can do a little bit of thinking about what recent epic bosses there have been. Those armors will be vastly more popular in the mid-ranges, and if you choose the appropriate armor to counter that, you should be able to rise up easily.

Once you get past the mid-range, like what has been said earlier, you battle the same people over and over again. This makes it easier to keep track of their armors and choose and appropriate setup.

Also consider strategizing by sacrificing a few arena points to lose a few battles in a row, where you will then be matched with weaker players, and then can roll your double down up.

GREE should set up a single elimination tournament (for a special event or something different). People have the
    opportunity to sign up for a couple of days; then players battle it out until we have one winner!

Obviously Jons52 didnt think his suggestion thoroughly. Not a good idea.

iGn: Justice
    Line ID: thejustice711
    Guild: Konoha

I think players that don't have a lot of maxed lvl70 armors to choose from might have this type of concern. As many experienced players have already pointed out, it is about observing trends of the tournament and use a line up that will beat most of them. Once you are in the top 50 then pay attention and swap your armors to defeat the harder opponents. Once you have 10 lvl70 armors maxed to cover all element combinations, you can beat anyone in the arena regardless of the guild bonuses. Final point is that the player profile already reveals one armor, the one their hero wears so that is already incredible intelligence. If you are not already using that info then you are losing out. When I see someone using black k or aegis as the main for example, I already know how to beat them without needing to know the other two armors. How do I know that? That one secret I'm afraid I have to keep within our guild. .
    IGN: Dragon
    Friend Code: XBB-MQV-GFX
    LEVEL:100+
    Guild: CENTURIONS
    PM me if you want to add me as a friend. My list is pretty full and I have to go through hundreds of requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Lcharlie View Post
    When I see someone using black k or aegis as the main for example, I already know how to beat them without needing to know the other two armors. How do I know that? That one secret I'm afraid I have to keep within our guild. .
    Hmmm, is this a subtle bit of recruitment for your guild?

I would be impressed if you were actually able to do this, as the secondary knights' armors and positions still play a large role in the outcome of a battle.

Still, it's intriguing. I might have to apply to your guild just to hear this secret strategy.
    MQ - 119898071

K&D - XBB-FQC-GDC