Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Arena points

Ahhh, tks. And yes taking it away sux.

More likely that I just wasn't paying attention.

I assume that when you say 10 levels you're talking about someone that would be level 163 compared to my level 153. If so, no wonder I've not noticed, don't think I've ever beaten someone 10 levels above me. I'm lucky to beat someone 10 levels below me (poor armor choices). Didn't find this forum until I'd been playing for 5 months...
    Last edited by JonS52; 06-21-2013 at 07:19 AM.
    Level 50 and rising 50+ welcome
    currently 27/33 members
    8% Spirit/8% Water/9% Fire/8% Earth/9% Air

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanv2 View Post
    I am rank 17000 in the current tournament since I havent really played it, but I can only fight against lpayers ranked 1000. That is so stupid. Youre supposed to start from the bottom and climb up like with every single game/league/play.
    Exit the game, kill the active app, and restart it.

I don't know if it is a bug, but if I leave the game running and come back, the Arena seems to not update the rank of players I am fighting.

Let me give an example ... I will be rank 5000 and then get busy with other things for a long while (work, life, etc.). When I come back, my rank is 6000 (my points are the same, but other players passed me by while I was inactive). Yet my fight roster will still contain rank 5000 opponents. If I kill the active app and come back, my opponent roster resets and I get rank 6000 opponents.

The effect is really pronounced at the start of a new match where you seem to retain your ranking from the prior match.
    K&D: Tiffany XBB-GVC-RDX

Quote Originally Posted by Raistmar View Post
    Previously players that are 10 levels above you will give you 45 points, and as long as you fight someone higher than you, you will get extra points most you can have is 45.

Most likely you haven't come arcross a lot of players above your level that you didn't notice this change.
    How do you know someone is 10 level higher than you until you've beaten them? It doesn't tell me anywhere that I've noticed what level someone is before I fight them, just their name and title. Since both can be changed at any time with no cost or penalty, even this information is less than 100% useful in choosing your opponent.

I would imagine that when you're level 100+ you're winning a higher proportion of your fights than someone who is level 50. Is that not so? If it is so, the extra points for beating tougher opponents who ought to have beaten you is just a leveller to give the lower levels a chance to even the score, so to speak.

I don't know how many active players we have, but I've been in the top 1500 for every competition without maximising my effort, and somehow got a bronze medal in my second ever tournament. Just reached level 93 today.

More Points

Previously players that are 10 levels above you will give you 45 points, and as long as you fight someone higher than you, you will get extra points most you can have is 45.

Most likely you haven't come arcross a lot of players above your level that you didn't notice this change.
    I just got 48 points with no shutdown bonus. Has happened more than once.

LVL 90 currently and do not know level of opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey View Post
    I just got 48 points with no shutdown bonus. Has happened more than once.

LVL 90 currently and do not know level of opponents.
    Has to be either revenge or double down.
    IGN: SiRR Dot
    Guild: The Rainbow Room
    All Hail The King Cloud!

Join the Rainbow Coalition: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ild-of-Legends

Questions?
    Line id: sir.dot
    Line name: Sir.

All you need to do is remember their rank placement. then u can check it in the tournament ranking list for their profile. Simple. This started 2 updates ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    How do you know someone is 10 level higher than you until you've beaten them? It doesn't tell me anywhere that I've noticed what level someone is before I fight them, just their name and title. Since both can be changed at any time with no cost or penalty, even this information is less than 100% useful in choosing your opponent.

I would imagine that when you're level 100+ you're winning a higher proportion of your fights than someone who is level 50. Is that not so? If it is so, the extra points for beating tougher opponents who ought to have beaten you is just a leveller to give the lower levels a chance to even the score, so to speak.

I don't know how many active players we have, but I've been in the top 1500 for every competition without maximising my effort, and somehow got a bronze medal in my second ever tournament. Just reached level 93 today.
    Knight's name: HHM Lvl 12x
    Guild: RainbowRoom.

Accepting 69+. PM first Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post

That's where planning comes to work, before level was shown in the profile I used to take down names that gives extra points that was usually within my rank. If you went in the arena methodically you an easily get to bronze even with just the big 4, learn how the system work and make it work for you.

@ indestructigal: Good tip! I'll think of that next time.

I was about to reply to hhm about searching up your opponent taking a long time since I usually fight against players 100 ranks up or down from me, but of course I can apply the app restarting thing in this situation for more accurate/closer people

The new nerfed system is to get players to spend gems obviously. Interestingly it hasn't worked out this week for gree. I have really scaled down playing this week after getting gold medal last week and yet I am still in the top 20 despite playing much less. This tells me other experienced players have also scaled down or stopped playing the arena. The top 10 will all end up with gem spenders or smart level 90+ players.
    IGN: Dragon
    Friend Code: XBB-MQV-GFX
    LEVEL:100+
    Guild: CENTURIONS
    PM me if you want to add me as a friend. My list is pretty full and I have to go through hundreds of requests.

Quote Originally Posted by hhm View Post
    All you need to do is remember their rank placement. then u can check it in the tournament ranking list for their profile. Simple. This started 2 updates ago.
    That's where planning comes to work, before level was shown in the profile I used to take down names that gives extra points that was usually within my rank. If you went in the arena methodically you an easily get to bronze even with just the big 4, learn how the system work and make it work for you.
    It's like shooting fish in a barrel now. Searching can take a while, so sometimes I can't be bothered. Also the difference in reward between top 250 and top 500 doesn't make me want to spend the extra time to get every possible double down in this tournament.

If I'd started at the beginning of the tournament I might be looking at a medal, but I'm happy with top 500.

Oh ya let's go back to people having over 300k for 1st place and no one being near them.
    I think it would be better to of limited double down to so many a day instead of what they did.

If you can't get bronze medal arena is a waste of time I don't want a bunch of stupid pointless ribbons that look the same in my profile.

Every single prize for ribbens I can go get in 5 mins including the gems.

Sorry guys not trying to anger anyone my hate for arena started a long time ago and will never buy gems for it.
    KA ID kusajishi 442-667-646

SAILOR SCOUTS GUILD MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Kusa View Post
    Oh ya let's go back to people having over 300k for 1st place and no one being near them.
    I think it would be better to of limited double down to so many a day instead of what they did.

If you can't get bronze medal arena is a waste of time I don't want a bunch of stupid pointless ribbons that look the same in my profile.

Every single prize for ribbens I can go get in 5 mins including the gems.

Sorry guys not trying to anger anyone my hate for arena started a long time ago and will never buy gems for it.
    Then they should just have everyone get 15 points. Not remove it only for level 100 and up.

I guess I came off wrong I am not saying what they did was right sorry about that.
    KA ID kusajishi 442-667-646

SAILOR SCOUTS GUILD MEMBER

Gree must have its reasons for doing so ... as stupid as it might sound for some players & fair for others. Let's wait and see how things continually unfold in K&D.

When I am ranked around 150, my opponent list usually has 3 top 10 player, and the rest 35th or higher. With 15 points per attack regardless of rank or level, I don't have any realistic chance of catching any of the players I have to fight. So I have to keep beating top 35 players, just to maintain my rank around 150. That just seems stupid, and kills any motivation I have.

I really think the number of points should be based on the rank of the players you beat, but that would make it a real drudge once you were in the top 5. I know there is no perfect solution, but the current method just seems lame.