Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Arena points

Red face Arena points

Just want to get the opinions of other players above 100 about the new point system in the arena.

Edit: I know that this is being discussed in the arena event thread buy I just feel that it should have its own.

Edit 2: just to clarify, I'm talking about lvl 100+ players can no longer get more than 15 points per fight. This has obviously crippled how well we can compete in the arena.
    Last edited by Raistmar; 06-21-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Hi,
    I feel it should not base on the level.
    But should base on the ranking of the tourny/ winning streaks.
    If u beat someone higher rank u get slightly more points, or the amount of winning streak the person have etc.

System is a joke, no arena for me
    IGN: Slevinn
    K&D: XBB-YCD-MYZ Lv. 123
    Guild: The Rainbow Room ~ Guild of Legends

Friendlist currently full | Data Sheet Administration

Seems like they want high lvl players n veterans to force them into buying more gems for arena energy...
    No more love for the players that play long time n level100+.. They squeezing old players dry then giving sweets to new players, then to squeeze them again later... Sigh...

I feel like they came up with a quick fix and did not really think it through.

There was chatter about those that went above level 100 being at a disadvantage from the arena. If you looked at it, looked like the problem was solved but they did not think about the consequences it might bring. Or they really just intended arena to be more of a gem spending paradise.

It's lame. Now free players level 100+ will have to work 3x as hard as free players level 99- to keep up. What's the sense in that?

Other than, of course, BUY GEMS BUY GEMS BUY GEMS.

No thanks.
    MQ: Furball Turner (level 131)= scruffy-looking nerf-herder

K&D: Sir MattyCakes (level 100+) of the CENTURIONS

Yes! I wanted to make a thread about this. I am rank 17000 in the current tournament since I havent really played it, but I can only fight against lpayers ranked 1000. That is so stupid. Youre supposed to start from the bottom and climb up like with every single game/league/play. I can barely beat anyone and I'm this low of a rank while still being level 55 lmao
    Last edited by Bryanv2; 06-21-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanv2 View Post
    Yes! I wanted to make a thread about this. I am rank 17000 in the current tournament since I havent really played it, but I can only fight against lpayers ranked 1000. That is so stupid. Youre supposed to start from the bottom and climb up like with every single game/league/play. I can barely beat anyone and I'm this low of a rank while still being level 55 lmao
    If you focus on the big 4 you can easily get in the top 1000. You can even compete and make it to ribbon 1.

Don't waste gold on crafting boss armor that you can't craft a +version. Avoid fusing and chase for end game armor let t come naturally.

On topic, I would really like to get an input from the wise one why they decided to do it this way. Instead of rewarding players for going above a 100, they penalized us.
    Last edited by Raistmar; 06-21-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Perhaps they've changed back, I just won and got the shut down bonus.
    Level 50 and rising 50+ welcome
    currently 27/33 members
    8% Spirit/8% Water/9% Fire/8% Earth/9% Air

Quote Originally Posted by Raistmar View Post
    If you focus on the big 4 you can easily get in the top 1000. You can even compete and make it to ribbon 1.
    Yea I know, though that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I feel if you're starting at the bottom rank , you should first go through all the players that are bottom ranked/leveled and work your way up to whatever your skill cap is.

Yea im currently maxing AA+ and boilerplate. Ive wasted a lot of money and resources on other non + epic boss armors that I'm not really using so I could have been done a long time ago xD at least I got a boiler out of it.

Edit: Wait, It seems to be a bit back to normal so I might have just been talking non sense lol. Maybe its cause I was rank 400 last night it still saved that lmao. Ignore me >>
    Last edited by Bryanv2; 06-21-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonS52 View Post
    Perhaps they've changed back, I just won and got the shut down bonus.
    This is more directed to lvl 100+, the rest of the system is fine. The only difference now is that they removed the ability for lvl 100+ players to get more than 15 points per fight(the basic point you get before doublin down calculations comes in)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanv2 View Post
    Yea I know, though that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I feel if you're starting at the bottom rank , you should first go through all the players that are bottom ranked/leveled and work your way up to whatever your skill cap is.

Yea im currently maxing AA+ and boilerplate. Ive wasted a lot of money and resources on other non + epic boss armors that I'm not really using so I could have been done a long time ago xD at least I got a boiler out of it.

Edit: Wait, It seems to be a bit back to normal so I might have just been talking non sense lol. Maybe its cause I was rank 400 last night it still saved that lmao. Ignore me >>
    You do start at the bottom, the system takes into consideration how well you are doing in that rank. If you are on a big winning streak you will notice that you will be fighting people that have much higher ranking than you, where it feels like you are better suited as you can easily beat players within your rank. Same thing applies when you are fighting people within your rank but you keep losing. You'd realise that after awhile even though your rank won't drop you will be fighting people with lower rank than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistmar View Post
    This is more directed to lvl 100+, the rest of the system is fine. The only difference now is that they removed the ability for lvl 100+ players to get more than 15 points per fight(the basic point you get before doublin down calculations comes in)
    I'm currently level 153...
    currently 27/33 members

I'm currently level 153...

Oh ok, but the problem is not with shut down bonuses. It's the fact that we can't get more 15 points now. Aren't you bothered with that?

OK, I don't understand. AFAIK I've never been able to get more than 15 points for a victory unless I either doubled down or gotten a shut down bonus. Please explain.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention...
    Last edited by JonS52; 06-21-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    currently 27/33 members

OK, I don't understand. AFAIK I've never been able to get more than 15 points for a victory unless I either doubled down or gotten a shut down bonus. Please explain.
    Previously players that are 10 levels above you will give you 45 points, and as long as you fight someone higher than you, you will get extra points most you can have is 45.

Most likely you haven't come arcross a lot of players above your level that you didn't notice this change.