XP in the LTQ, raiding glitch last night - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XP in the LTQ, raiding glitch last night

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Seriously, this is a bigger screw up than the energy problem during the war. At least that one affected everyone equally. This one hurts primarily the customers willing to spend money and participate in every LTQ.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by England Jon View Post
    Whatever Gree do they are going to upset people. At least we have an answer. When it was high XP I controlled my tapping finger because I worked out all the pros and cons of doing so. I guess all other players made that judgement too. Now XP is low I am tapping away to my hearts content. People moaned about the loss of strategy in the game. This was a case of the application of strategy, i.e. Thinking.
    So, your strategy is to avoid leveling up 3 times for 60k/80k A/D gains?

Banned
    Post Count
    Whatever Gree do they are going to upset people. At least we have an answer. When it was high XP I controlled my tapping finger because I worked out all the pros and cons of doing so. I guess all other players made that judgement too. Now XP is low I am tapping away to my hearts content. People moaned about the loss of strategy in the game. This was a case of the application of strategy, i.e. Thinking.
    You must really like Greed there buddy. Keep up the good fight.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Hey genius, the problem isn't the strategy. The problem is that Gree changed the rules half way through. I would have gladly given up 3 levels for the prizes they were offering. But now that you can do it a day later and earn the same prizes for a fraction of the XP, it isn't exactly fair to those of us who preferred the stat boost.

Why don't you go troll elsewhere?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yes as I know this will adversley impact my scoring in the CK events.
    I am guessing Gree will do two things in the near future with KA:
    1. remove levels markings on war list during CK events (like in MW)
    2. increase max level to 250

Banned
    Post Count
    I love this game and take whatever is thrown at me because life is not all roses. Most of the complaints are from a few self interested players who are scared that someone might have better stats or whatever than them. It is a game.
    LoL. Ok now you're just trying too hard. It's ok though, keep of the good fight

Banned
    Post Count
    Why do people become offended when someone has a differing opinion. Free speech man.

You know you just shoved your foot way up in your mouth right? Maybe you should check your previous posts.

I mean way up there. Pretty impressive I tell you hwhat

Alright, that's enough. Everyone's got a right to express what they want to express as long as they aren't throwing insults around (or breaking the other posted rules, like making duplicate accounts to get around an existing permaban).

Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    The problem is that Gree changed the rules half way through.
    We changed things because people were asking us to change that thing.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    but aren't people now asking you to make things right - i.e. make the quest fair for all - that doesn't seem to be asking much - make the game which we pay for fair

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Well CJ, I can't wait to see how your next bug hurts long-term, devoted players. Judging by the past few, we should see it in what, four days from now?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    -XP in the LTQ: It was too high; we released a change after QA ran that down, and things are back to normal there. We will not be reverting levels or adjusting XP totals for players who chose to participate at the higher XP levels. I understand why some people are requesting that, but that is not something we can do via script and it is not something that support can do manually (or has ever done). Thank you for your patience while that was being addressed, and for your understanding.
    So everyone who plays LTQs fast is PENALIZED MANY LEVELS by the game for doing so? If it were something that affected everyone equally, I could understand nothing being done about it. But it is disproportionally penalizing those who play LTQs fast, a.k.a. those who are more into the game. It makes no sense. Does Gree even realize the reaction to this is going to be a) yet another boatload of people quitting the game because of inequalities, and b) a boatload of people now slow-playing the LTQs, which = fewer paying the gems to finish them. Gree, in effectively punishing players who play hard, at the end of the day you are punishing your own bottom line.

I am disgusted.

ETA: At this point I don't care if there are a zillion or zero XP to be gained from this LTQ. All that matters is that half of us are getting the shaft and the other half are not, through no fault of our own. The game made a grievous error and now refuses to make it right for those who already played many levels of the LTQ. If they were not going to fix it for EVERYBODY, they should have fixed it for NOBODY.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 06-20-2013 at 12:33 PM.

All your manor are belong to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    So everyone who plays LTQs fast is PENALIZED MANY LEVELS
    Gaining experience is not a penalty from the design side of things, or else we would not have experience in the game in the first place. I well realize that the strategy shared as "optimal" by our theorycrafters on the forums is to level as little as possible, but the game is not intentionally designed with that in mind as a playstyle.

EDIT: Also, it is non-trivial to change the level even on a single account. Level is hooked into a whole lot of stuff on the back of things, and changing that without addressing all of those can royally screw up someone's game.
    Last edited by CJ54; 06-20-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    We changed things because people were asking us to change that thing.
    How many people asked for it??? I choose to do LTQ even if i level up once or ten times......i dont even care about the gems i spent cuz i would have spent them anyway to do the ltq...However gree stance or yours has always been about....what exactly?? Fair play...equality.

I am happy you are listening to your customers by changing the XP to lower values because that is what we asked for. To do it in the middle of an event is absurd. I understand that you can not make everyone happy...in this case doing nothing (which seems to be the case with gree) would have been the best move...oops there is a problem with the code ...oh well just let it go.

You say send a ticket into support and the problem will be fixed. I have sent tickets in to support and yet days ...weeks...sometimes months go by without a resolution to the problem.......Then there is the whole public relations.....Honestly CJ/Sirius can i ask you for real...and if i do can you give me a straight non BS answer. Are you guys told to not answer our question right away......Do we have to let a thread get out of hand before you appear to calm things down........Just some info would be nice without having to start 10 treads about the same issues and problems that you could help avoid by making an announecment...even if that announcement is the standard...blah blah blah.......Do you really care about your job?

KA: 630-568-270

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Intentionally designed or not, that is how it seems to work in Conquest battles. So unless you are going to alter CP scoring to make level irrelevant, I think you have thoroughly hosed some of your more devoted players.