XP in the LTQ, raiding glitch last night

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XP in the LTQ, raiding glitch last night

XP in the LTQ, raiding glitch last night

Hey all, just touching base with everyone:

-After reverting the code last night to stop the "too weak to invade" issue that popped up, we've redeployed that code without the issue reappearing (although do let us know if it reappears). This is awesome news because that code will (in part) prevent some potential exploits.

-XP in the LTQ: It was too high; we released a change after QA ran that down, and things are back to normal there. We will not be reverting levels or adjusting XP totals for players who chose to participate at the higher XP levels. I understand why some people are requesting that, but that is not something we can do via script and it is not something that support can do manually (or has ever done). Thank you for your patience while that was being addressed, and for your understanding.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We will not be reverting levels or adjusting XP totals for players who chose to participate at the higher XP levels.
    What a total joke.

Consistent Contributor Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Post Count
    Fair enough, you made your decision now I am making mine, open spot on an awesome guild, Kingdom Age Guild

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    but that is not something we can do via script and it is not something that support can do manually (or has ever done). Thank you for your patience while that was being addressed, and for your understanding.
    Seriously, looks like Gree should hire new programmers. Yeah, changing a line of code is too much to ask.

Consistent Contributor LordIndy's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hey all, just touching base with everyone:

-After reverting the code last night to stop the "too weak to invade" issue that popped up, we've redeployed that code without the issue reappearing (although do let us know if it reappears). This is awesome news because that code will (in part) prevent some potential exploits.

-XP in the LTQ: It was too high; we released a change after QA ran that down, and things are back to normal there. We will not be reverting levels or adjusting XP totals for players who chose to participate at the higher XP levels. I understand why some people are requesting that, but that is not something we can do via script and it is not something that support can do manually (or has ever done). Thank you for your patience while that was being addressed, and for your understanding.
    Why change the experience mid quest? This only benefits those that chose not to participate. How will the players who were engaged in the quest at the original experience going to be compensated then?
    "You call him Docta Jones!"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LordIndy View Post
    Why change the experience mid quest? This only benefits those that chose not to participate. How will the players who were engaged in the quest at the original experience going to be compensated then?
    Exactly. It wasn't the high XP gain that was the problem, it was reverting it in the middle of the quest. They hosed all of the dedicated players who stuck with it, while the campers who initially didn't participate could then sneak in after the XP change.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    Exactly. It wasn't the high XP gain that was the problem, it was reverting it in the middle of the quest. They hosed all of the dedicated players who stuck with it, while the campers who initially didn't participate could then sneak in after the XP change.
    Not even a unit that give us an exp gain of 50% less from here on in? WOW, I feel totally screwed.

Post Count
    GREE can't figure out a way to take care of its customers who got the shaft? Wow, shocker...

Yet another reason why I no longer spend money on this game.

KA ally code - 583-237-638

MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    Not even a unit that give us an exp gain of 50% less from here on in? WOW, I feel totally screwed.
    You are totally screwed. The whole war system is set up in favor of campers with low levels. Gree just handed them another huge advantage.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    Seriously, looks like Gree should hire new programmers. Yeah, changing a line of code is too much to ask.
    I have an idea! Why doesn't Gree hire some of the (H-word)'s to work for them. They seem to have no trouble at all editing strings of 'encrypted' code in the game...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The sad thing is if they would have monitored the message boards at the start of the quest they could have communicated that there was a problem that needed to be fixed but instead said nothing and decided to do a half job of patching it up. The EXP gains were talked about within hours of the LTQ starting. And we don't need moderators?!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Why can't they just write a code for players that were doing the quest up to the fix date and time

and award based on level conquered in the quest up to that time

for example - first 5 levels gets a 5k A and 5k D - flying combat troll

levels 6 - 10 - gets a 10k A and 10k D - wobbling invading thingamagig

levels 11 - 15 - gets a 15k A and 15k D- furious spinning whatcamacallit

etc etc

I mean it can't be to difficult to tack on stats for the folks that went through it to even out the LTQ for all
    - of course the numbers for stats would have to make sense to the XP that we got screwed with

just my 2 gems ( which i over paid for )

Banned
    Post Count
    ^^^^That would be a decent compromise giving people who leveled up x amounts of times another units just to say we f'ed up again, which appears to be a concurrently trend.
    I'd hate to jump on the "Gree sucks" bandwagon but I must admit my confidence in the company is slowly waning.
    Maybe my outlook wouldn't be so bleak if my ticket would atleast some sort of acknowledgement as well.
    ticket #666570

Consistent Contributor LordIndy's Avatar
    Post Count
    I also love how my ticket complaining about the XP change was responded with "We've readjusted the XP gained from the LTQ to be much lower....." ....Really!!! Isn't this why I am writing the ticket? Then proceed with lame excuses about how my XP can't be changed.

Some form of compensation needs to be figured out because I will be submitting tickets every day until I get something other than a non-response.

Banned
    Post Count
    Translation,
    We have no idea how but we messed up again, big time! We did an active system restore on the server, crossed our fingers, and what do you know! It worked... we think. There really shouldn't be anymore issues because we fixed it! But just in case there is a random glitch still running around out there, let is know! We don't want to lose any more profit to our incompitancies.
    There weren't any funds in our multi-million dollar budget to pay QA to do their job initially. But once we realized there was a hiccup and we could lose potential income, we were quick to reanalyze our spending and found the money. We know we screwed you guys... again... but we lost potential sales from you, our customer, when we gave you 50 gems for our last f-up. So we can't realistically compensate you again without losing more profits. We understand that this may upset you but, meh... My fellow developers and I are kind of winging it with our training manual as we go along. Cliche statement to quell the masses...