Old Farts - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Old Farts

Consistent Contributor Tail gunner's Avatar
    Post Count
    Welcome back JohnnyR - good to see you return, however you might find that things have changed a lot since you have been away.
    Last edited by Tail gunner; 06-21-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Post Count

Old farts?

I consider myself an ancient queef in the game....December 2011. Almost as old of a queef as my pal, Speed Ump.
    If you don't know what a queef is, use The Google, Luke!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This is a great thread seeing a lot of guys that I know from the forum.
    MW - THE PIRATES[TM]

Top 25 team - Think you have what it takes to be a pirate? PM me and let's talk

CoC - PUN PIRATES

Post Count
    Jp, Mav, Tate, Spectra, EnjoyLife, Miner & others are still around too. Must be sleeping or something boring like that. Ascent is AWOL.

Welcome back. What are your first impressions of the game upon your return?

Post Count
    I swore I'd never post here again, but a good ol' fashioned shout-out is like the infamous Triple-Dog-Dare... you're morally obligated to respond... So...

Welcome Back JohnnyR!!! I, for one, have missed you!!
    MW Id# 431573053
    KA Id # 119 000 220
    CC Id # 255 906 205

Post Count
    Hey Johnny. Long time. Yeah I'm not in the forum these days but I still have my spies who are and told me you were posting. Had to drop in and say hello

Yes much has changed and in other ways nothing has at all.

As Tanner said above Tate, Spectra, Miner, JP, Agent Orange, and many more are still around and kicking. In fact all those I mentioned are with Our REG or CAI factions. If you are back and looking to play let us know your stats. We might have a spot in one or the other. Reach out to Tanner, Tate or myself. You probably still have my email or theirs drop us a line or PM us if you are looking for a faction home.

I sent you an ally request.

TTYL.
    Last edited by Maverick50727; 06-21-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    MW ID: 333922569
    ACCEPTING FORUM MEMBER ALLY REQUESTS
    Level: 207 - FREE Player - (Gold buildings bought via TapJoy starting at L138)

Story of Maverick & Lone Ranger Creed

Live and learn, from fools and from sages

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl@sh View Post
    I thought I was the old fart...
    The oldest!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Still a few old farts here
    Wow, good to see PUN kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    Hey Johnny, nice to hear from you again. Most of us old farts are still kicking around, though less often in the forums here these days.
    I've noticed, wasn't sure if it was dilution from the newbie influx or what, but scrolling through an old thread and checking out profiles seems many still check in. Glad to see the old guard around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Child View Post
    Not sure I should be responding to 'old farts'!

Alive and well, Johnny - and on me own reinstall. Do it!

Good to see you're up and about!
    It's the silent ones that are deadly. :-P
    Done and done-this game is something else for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBarticus View Post
    Welcome back Johnny. Like everyone has been saying, old timers are still lurking around behind the scenes. The original forum environment was destroyed by an overflow of immaturity and arrogance.

Welcome to the new age!
    Thanks, and yes I see-kinda miss the old look as well, feels a bit sterile :-/ Least the fellas are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopenshire View Post
    I am trying to keep my head above water....
    If ya wasn't solid gold ya might float!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Looks like all the old school is coming back to town, welcome back JR
    Ol' BronKing, so far 2/3 of the Amigos, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by camper killer View Post
    I have a feeling a new Noob's guide is in order.... no one better than the original author.
    I do believe Agent Orange has that credit of original, thanks for recognition though-I might consider a revised version once I get these changes down-lot to take in.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
    Am I old enough? Am I farty enough?

Still lurk the forum, almost daily
    Manbeast! Duuuude, one of my pm buddies, def old and farty enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    I guess i dont qualify for o.f.membership......
    I have a feeling you'd be welcome anywhere Ferr, hope all's well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit12 View Post
    Good to see you JhonnyR & thanks for bumping my thread earlier this morning. And here is the missing Ultimate Weapon from the Launcher Case auction event. This is provided by the Unicorn man F@sh himself...

The funny thing about this Ultimate Weapon is. This guy has the highest stats in MW world & with only have AK-47 as his weapon. What a joke from Gree designer...
    Crazy Gambit! The whole pic won't even show on my screen, looks insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    I don't think i qualify for OF either....I was lurking in Feb '12 on the forums but then didn't join until May. Guess that makes me a young spring chicken still

Regardless welcome back JohnnyR i hope you Reinstall!
    One of the originals, creator of the progress threads. Was it your thread Big flan beat you to the punch once upon a time? Lol, miss that fellow, wonder what he's up to...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhenry02 View Post
    Me too i guess, casualties of lurking.
    Jhenry, I 'member you-always wondered what the "J" stood for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivesy View Post
    Mr Strider of Doom! Welcome back Johnny, replied to your in game message so hit me back buddy.

My oh my someone says fart and all the crusties come out to play!
    Feels like old times Hivesy!
    Thanks for the invite, I'll be enjoying the stay. :-) Hope I can get back on my feet and compete with you guys, I see some MASSIVE stats here!

Quote Originally Posted by I am a cow View Post
    I have been stalking the forums a long time before making an account long time no hear from you Johnny!
    Hello cow! Yep, I plan on staying a while, GREE's got that hook set good once again!
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tail gunner View Post
    Welcome back JohnnyR - good to see you return, however you might find that things have changed a lot since you have been away.
    Major changes!

Quote Originally Posted by vball View Post
    This is a great thread seeing a lot of guys that I know from the forum.
    It is vball, didn't know what your name stood for till now-pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Jp, Mav, Tate, Spectra, EnjoyLife, Miner & others are still around too. Must be sleeping or something boring like that. Ascent is AWOL.

Welcome back. What are your first impressions of the game upon your return?
    Wow, blast from the past-EL is still with us? That's awesome. Spectra, the hooded Tate, Miner, wow.

First impression, very impressed with the evolution of "factions," what an exciting addition. Seeing guys with 6 digit A/D stats and 20 million blew me away, trying to smash rivals for what I thiught was a good chunk hanging out of the vault was disappointing, lol, and a new money building bringing a mil per day?! Nuts. The thing is, the game seems to have changed in good ways, I like the contests and bosses here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp lfs View Post
    I swore I'd never post here again, but a good ol' fashioned shout-out is like the infamous Triple-Dog-Dare... you're morally obligated to respond... So...

Welcome Back JohnnyR!!! I, for one, have missed you!!
    Thanks man, for the longest time I didn't think I'd be back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick50727 View Post
    Hey Johnny. Long time. Yeah I'm not in the forum these days but I still have my spies who are and told me you were posting. Had to drop in and say hello

Yes much has changed and in other ways nothing has at all.

As Tanner said above Tate, Spectra, Miner, JP, Agent Orange, and many more are still around and kicking. In fact all those I mentioned are with Our REG or CAI factions. If you are back and looking to play let us know your stats. We might have a spot in one or the other. Reach out to Tanner, Tate or myself. You probably still have my email or theirs drop us a line or PM us if you are looking for a faction home.

I sent you an ally request.

TTYL.
    Hello there Mav! Wow, tis good to see you posting again as well! Yes the times do change. I see floods of new fans, GREE is doing something right here. Currently I'm trying to get into the swing of things, and really have some catching up to do. We'll see how it goes.

Stricker, Copenhagen, Arizona, DigitalWalker, and all you other old school forumers escaping memory, hope you're faring well, maybe come back too eh?
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    Welcome back...I enjoyed reading your posts on how to play the game when I first found the forums..my son told me about the game during Christmas break 2011....since then I have enjoyed the ride.

So what prompted you to check back in?
    Aka: Kung Fu Panda
    ACE still lives on....

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Welcome back

I dont know you but seems like you were a popular fellow around here once upon a time. The secret to this game has and always will be spending money for gold.

Players have always tried to implement strategy into this game thinking they could win while playing for free. While many can achieve a great deal for free, they will never compete on a level playong field with the true gold spenders.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    I dont know you but seems like you were a popular fellow around here once upon a time. The secret to this game has and always will be spending money for gold.

Players have always tried to implement strategy into this game thinking they could win while playing for free. While many can achieve a great deal for free, they will never compete on a level playong field with the true gold spenders.
    Yeah thats true man but a free player can beat light or moderate gold spenders sometimes

Modern war code - 560320147, 740 526 551 add me please
    Kingdom Age code - 953-474-768

유인나 is my crush

Post Count
    Cope and Arizona are still around. Stricker never came back from safari, at least not here. DW disappeared too. Miss both those guys, especially Stricker.

Banned
    Post Count
    You forgot war priest he was the best

Post Count
    Who is DW? Did i miss him in my time here?

Modern war code - 560320147, 740 526 551 add me please
    Kingdom Age code - 953-474-768

유인나 is my crush

Post Count
    War priest is still around, but has a lifetime ban from this forum

Yeah jhoemel, you must remember Digital walker? One of the original posters back in very very early 2012, always knew a bit more than everyone else and really tried to share the knowledge. Just the sort of chap we miss on here now.

I miss hello kitty also, she checks in from time to time and I get the odd message but when she was in full flow along with war priest and the 3 amigos that's when this place was buzzing.

Maybe now Mr R is back we can get this thing going again. Far too many moaners and not enough party goers on here now, we don't know how good we've got it. If you don't like certain elements of the game just don't participate! There is so much to choose from now you can do anything you think is fun and still compete.

Back in the day you started getting excited about a new crate event on the Sunday and it wouldn't start until the Tuesday! You'd go days with nothing going on, it's like what your nan used to tell you as a kid when she was telling you what it was like during WWII 'we used to have to make their own entertainment back in the olden days'. Good old fashioned raiding and attacking was the fun, backed up by a good amount of humour on this forum.

You youngsters today, you don't know you're born. Rant over, sorry to hijack Johnny, carry on.
    Currently to be found ripping it up with the Titanium crew on Call To Arms. PM me to join the fun.