Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    thank you so much!

Does it make a difference if you have 2 defense grids on 1 base? Both a level 10

Yes it does. It makes u look funny.

Anybody else's thoughts
    WILD BOYS
    Leader

Thanks a lot drifting death

Yes - second defence grid is back up for first, so harder to take down both and hit with short range. Three even better. But the grids don't 'stack' as such
    Crime City: iseenodoom, Doom's mob (owner), syndicate #225 995 144
    116th Midtown, 78th Market Plaza

Modern War: Doomnosee, East Coast Elite (officer), faction #444 903 980
    103rd Brazil*, 103rd Greenland, 54th Egypt, 53rd China

Kingdom Age: Krabat, Order of Dragon Knights (officer), guild #592 797 474
    12th Dragon's Roost

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebenjamins View Post
    I have a couple questions so please bare with me. Also if there is a good thread answering a lot of these questions please don't hesitate to point it out. And thanks in advance for any help

Someone attacked my base (which is completely fine, part of the game) which HAD a defense grid with:

Commander: Phantom (level 50)
    Total Units: 1100
    1 Jeep
    1 Tank
    1 Arachnid
    580 Helicopters
    1 Hailstorm
    1 Rocket Truck
    1 Hammerhead
    1 Centurion
    1 Hawk
    512 Artilleries

They took out my entire army of:

Commander: Mei Mei (Level 20)
    Total Units: 4452
    61 Stealth Dones
    743 Jeeps
    1500 Helicopters
    125 Hammerheads
    521 Tanks
    800 Artilleries
    315 Hawks
    152 Bombers
    234 Rocket Trucks
    1 Transport

My question is was his commander the winning "x" factor? If not then what else could it have been. If yes then I didn't realize realize commanders had that much influence on an army and my next questions are

I am a free player so how do I create stronger commanders?
    I know about fusing and absorbing commanders but is there a thread/advice on which/what commanders to fuse/absorb to create better commanders?
    When fusing commanders if I fuse a level 5/20 commander with either a level 1/20 commander or a level 1/10 commander, I only get a level 5/30 commander even though the level 1/20 was two level 1/10 commanders fused together. Is there any benefit of fusing the 1/20 commander over the 1/10 commander or am I just "throwing away" a 1/10 commander if I fuse the 1/20 commander with the 5/20 commander?
    Also if I fuse a 20/20 commander with a 20/20 commander it only gives me a 20/30 commander. Is there any benefit of fusing two 20/20 commanders over a 20/20 and a 1/10 commander? they both give you 20/30 commanders.

Finally absorbing questions.
    When absorbing commanders, do certain commanders mix and match better?
    Should I absorb commanders with similar stats or opposite/different stats?
    Should I absorb commanders with higher levels or lower levels (ex: a 20/20 commander absorbing a 10/10 commander vs a 1/10 commander)?

If you have any other tips on how to create better commanders please let me know.

Thanks for all the help!
    Mix with mass arties and helis (250 of each) normally wipes quite a lot. 4mill BP gained from one hit
    I use:
    55 jeeps
    55 tanks
    250 helis
    55 arachnids
    55 hails
    110 rockets
    150 hawks
    250 arties
    25 titans
    20 hellfires
    (1050 units mind you, increase helis, hawks, arts if more)

In order to get the best comm possible, you need for common: 10/10 with 10/10, 20/20 with 20/20, 30/30 with 30/30, 40/40 with 40/40.
    Rare: 30/30 with 30/30, 40/40 with 40/40, etc.
    Epic: 50/50 with 50/50, 60/60 with 60/60, etc.

Absorbing a perfect commander with another max level comm is always the best.

I will add to the above their is a lot you can learn from the army build screen on the effects of unit types and numbers on commander damage and health boosts, try using a low level commander and play with units types and numbers, just watch the boosts.

understanding the defence grids function and how it effects a battle is also very important.

I would not send the same army against a outpost with a DG as I would to an outpost without one.
    You should watch your battles vids for hints. The same goes for defending outposts.

And click on your unit types stats info for more hints on why that may be

But the army build screen can answer most questions about battles and commanders and if you apply some logic capture battles. I now can get all 5 commanders boosting the battle, and I understand the mechanics behind the capture battles how leadership is used how commander boost are applied
    How the final commander boost are worked out and how to max them this does not make level 50 trump a level 80 commander unless the player using the level 80 is clueless, but it will reduce your loses and increase your chances of making defensive BP from your weaker commanders.

It's all their to be seen in the army build screen and your battle logs. You just need to notice it.

And no I will not make it any clearer. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebenjamins View Post
    I have a couple questions so please bare with me. Also if there is a good thread answering a lot of these questions please don't hesitate to point it out. And thanks in advance for any help

Someone attacked my base (which is completely fine, part of the game) which HAD a defense grid with:

Commander: Phantom (level 50)
    Total Units: 1100
    1 Jeep
    1 Tank
    1 Arachnid
    580 Helicopters
    1 Hailstorm
    1 Rocket Truck
    1 Hammerhead
    1 Centurion
    1 Hawk
    512 Artilleries

They took out my entire army of:

Commander: Mei Mei (Level 20)
    Total Units: 4452
    61 Stealth Dones
    743 Jeeps
    1500 Helicopters
    125 Hammerheads
    521 Tanks
    800 Artilleries
    315 Hawks
    152 Bombers
    234 Rocket Trucks
    1 Transport

My question is was his commander the winning "x" factor? If not then what else could it have been. If yes then I didn't realize realize commanders had that much influence on an army and my next questions are

I am a free player so how do I create stronger commanders?
    I know about fusing and absorbing commanders but is there a thread/advice on which/what commanders to fuse/absorb to create better commanders?
    When fusing commanders if I fuse a level 5/20 commander with either a level 1/20 commander or a level 1/10 commander, I only get a level 5/30 commander even though the level 1/20 was two level 1/10 commanders fused together. Is there any benefit of fusing the 1/20 commander over the 1/10 commander or am I just "throwing away" a 1/10 commander if I fuse the 1/20 commander with the 5/20 commander?
    Also if I fuse a 20/20 commander with a 20/20 commander it only gives me a 20/30 commander. Is there any benefit of fusing two 20/20 commanders over a 20/20 and a 1/10 commander? they both give you 20/30 commanders.

Finally absorbing questions.
    When absorbing commanders, do certain commanders mix and match better?
    Should I absorb commanders with similar stats or opposite/different stats?
    Should I absorb commanders with higher levels or lower levels (ex: a 20/20 commander absorbing a 10/10 commander vs a 1/10 commander)?

If you have any other tips on how to create better commanders please let me know.

Thanks for all the help!

The Lv50 comm was the factor, definitely. His army composition was also very powerful. When it comes down to a long-range unit attack like this your medium and short range units are useless unless there is enough of them to take the first beating. His comm also gave heavy boosts, making his army equivalent to a 1250 heli 1250 artillery attack. Level 50 comms generally give 300% in total boosts (this depends on the comm and its stars), divided among health and damage. Your comm was not very helpful; I would suggest replacing her with a high leadership comm for defense.

Alliance promotions

Who in an alliance can promote players to Colonel rank? Is that restricted to only the General or can Colonels promote other Colonels?

Colonels can make colonels

Multiple hq's?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenPin View Post
    What is the goal/purpose of the game?
    Build a strong base with good resources. Build a strong army of Commanders and units. Invade and attack rivals, gain bases (up to 10), move towards the center of the map

List of Buildings and what they do:
    Factory – “trains” builds units
    Research Lab – Unlocks and upgrades units
    Warehouse – increases resource storage
    Oil Derrick – Oil resource
    Iron Mine – Iron resource
    Uranium Drill – Uranium resource
    Titanium Mine – Titanium resource
    Refinery – Fuel resource
    Trading Center – Cash resource

How do I build buildings?
    Click on the hex where you would like to place the building. Click on the Build button at the bottom of the screen, and choose from the buildings available for that spot. Placing a resources building on top of a raw mineral spot will increase that building’s output.

Can I build one building while I upgrade another?
    You can construct, upgrade or demolish only one building at a time per base. However you can repair one building while constructing/upgrading another in the same base.

How do I build another base/outpost?
    Players can have a total of nine Outposts (and one Homebase). Base cores are required in order to begin construction.

What are base cores and what do they do?
    Base cores are necessary in order to build a new base. Base Power Cores are required for the first three bases (1, 5, 15). Base Fusion Cores are required for the second three bases (5, 15, 25) and Base Plasma Core are required for the final three bases (10, 25, 45). When you make a new outpost, the base core is not consumed; they are only required to begin construction.
    Base Cores are randomly dropped when raiding bases, both from other players and NPCs. They can also be purchased from the in-game store under the Items tab.

What are commanders used for?
    Commanders level as you do, via xp earned during play. You need commanders to move your units around the map, in order to attack and invade other bases.

Can I lose my commanders?
    No, your commanders are indestructible. They do run on energy though, and therefore may not be available for every engagement, depending on when you last used them.

How fast do commanders regenerate energy?
    Commanders regenerate 1 energy every 6 hours, to a maximum of 10 energy.

What is Star Power and what does it do?
    More star power means larger increases commander’s stats when leveling up. Players can choose to have one commander absorb the other commanders by selecting Menu->Commanders->Fusion->Absorb. This action will increase that commander's star power . Also, fusing two of the same commanders together will increase that commander’s maximum star power capacity.

How do I fuse commanders?
    You can only fuse the same commander with itself, ie Commander 1 with Commander 1. When you fuse, both the level and the tier increase. Ex: Midnight( level 1, tier 1) fused with Midnight( level 1, tier 1) will give you Midnight( level 2, tier 2) which reads as Level 2/20, previously Level 1/10.

How do I train a unit?
    First, you need to research the unit in order to unlock it for building. Next, go to Factory and train that unit. You can train up to 1000 units at a time. It will cost more, and take longer, the more you do at once.

How do I scout?
    To scout you need stealth units, such as the Stealth Drone. These can be unlocked in the Research Lab and trained in the Factory.

How do I attack or capture another base?
    Select a hex in the enemy base. Choose “Attack”, and select which of your bases to attack from. Create a New Army or select an available Army Template. Choose a Commander to lead it, and hit Send.

Why join an alliance?
    Allies can reinforce your cities, sending troops for assistance. They can also send you resources.

How do I join an alliance, or create one of my own?
    Go to the Menu in the bottom right corner of your screen, then to the Alliance screen. The “Join Alliance” tab gives you a list of alliances to join. Select one and tap the “Request to Join” button. If you’d rather create your own, go to the “Create Alliance” tab; fill in a name and description, then tap on the “Create Alliance” button.

What are attack points?
    Attack points are earned during PVP. They are determined by the value of the player unit defeated.

Why am I not getting any attack points?
    Only attack against other players will contribute to attack points. Attacking NPCs does not give attack points, nor does defending other attacks.
    Why do some people have multiple hq's??

They are not they are big npc bases hard to take hard to hold. If you have a good commander you can have one if you have the cores or abandon on one of your own.

thanks so much

doge status right ere