Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

What is the goal/purpose of the game?
    Build a strong base with good resources. Build a strong army of Commanders and units. Invade and attack rivals, gain bases (up to 10), move towards the center of the map

List of Buildings and what they do:
    Factory – “trains” builds units
    Research Lab – Unlocks and upgrades units
    Warehouse – increases resource storage
    Oil Derrick – Oil resource
    Iron Mine – Iron resource
    Uranium Drill – Uranium resource
    Titanium Mine – Titanium resource
    Refinery – Fuel resource
    Trading Center – Cash resource

How do I build buildings?
    Click on the hex where you would like to place the building. Click on the Build button at the bottom of the screen, and choose from the buildings available for that spot. Placing a resources building on top of a raw mineral spot will increase that building’s output.

Can I build one building while I upgrade another?
    You can construct, upgrade or demolish only one building at a time per base. However you can repair one building while constructing/upgrading another in the same base.

How do I build another base/outpost?
    Players can have a total of nine Outposts (and one Homebase). Base cores are required in order to begin construction.

What are base cores and what do they do?
    Base cores are necessary in order to build a new base. Base Power Cores are required for the first three bases (1, 5, 15). Base Fusion Cores are required for the second three bases (5, 15, 25) and Base Plasma Core are required for the final three bases (10, 25, 45). When you make a new outpost, the base core is not consumed; they are only required to begin construction.
    Base Cores are randomly dropped when raiding bases, both from other players and NPCs. They can also be purchased from the in-game store under the Items tab.

What are commanders used for?
    Commanders level as you do, via xp earned during play. You need commanders to move your units around the map, in order to attack and invade other bases.

Can I lose my commanders?
    No, your commanders are indestructible. They do run on energy though, and therefore may not be available for every engagement, depending on when you last used them.

How fast do commanders regenerate energy?
    Commanders regenerate 1 energy every 6 hours, to a maximum of 10 energy.

What is Star Power and what does it do?
    More star power means larger increases commander’s stats when leveling up. Players can choose to have one commander absorb the other commanders by selecting Menu->Commanders->Fusion->Absorb. This action will increase that commander's star power . Also, fusing two of the same commanders together will increase that commander’s maximum star power capacity.

How do I fuse commanders?
    You can only fuse the same commander with itself, ie Commander 1 with Commander 1. When you fuse, both the level and the tier increase. Ex: Midnight( level 1, tier 1) fused with Midnight( level 1, tier 1) will give you Midnight( level 2, tier 2) which reads as Level 2/20, previously Level 1/10.

How do I train a unit?
    First, you need to research the unit in order to unlock it for building. Next, go to Factory and train that unit. You can train up to 1000 units at a time. It will cost more, and take longer, the more you do at once.

How do I scout?
    To scout you need stealth units, such as the Stealth Drone. These can be unlocked in the Research Lab and trained in the Factory.

How do I attack or capture another base?
    Select a hex in the enemy base. Choose “Attack”, and select which of your bases to attack from. Create a New Army or select an available Army Template. Choose a Commander to lead it, and hit Send.

Why join an alliance?
    Allies can reinforce your cities, sending troops for assistance. They can also send you resources.

How do I join an alliance, or create one of my own?
    Go to the Menu in the bottom right corner of your screen, then to the Alliance screen. The “Join Alliance” tab gives you a list of alliances to join. Select one and tap the “Request to Join” button. If you’d rather create your own, go to the “Create Alliance” tab; fill in a name and description, then tap on the “Create Alliance” button.

What are attack points?
    Attack points are earned during PVP. They are determined by the value of the player unit defeated.

Why am I not getting any attack points?
    Only attack against other players will contribute to attack points. Attacking NPCs does not give attack points, nor does defending other attacks.
    Last edited by QueenPin; 06-25-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Available in U.S.A?

When can users in the US expect to have access to this game?

Thank you,

This is fantastic! Thanks for the guide.. I been playing for 20 days and this has answered a few queries already.

I have a few suggestions in my other thread like Will there be a private messaging function coming soon or a function to enable u to move your main base and outposts?

Thanks

What about transferring devices? I'd like to transfer thi game from my ipad to my iphone

I also wonder about the in game messaging. I like to talk to folk around me and team up inter of being alliance with folk 2500 hexagons away from me, which when the guy next door is attacking the alliance is pure useless unless you form a stronghold but I can't find that either, the option to type in a hexagon grid reference

Will there be a change in the energy restoration rate cause it slows me down alot and the payer will have a huge advantage that a normal player can't overcome the gap between the payers and non-payers, resulting in more losses of players

Quote Originally Posted by Converse View Post
    Will there be a change in the energy restoration rate cause it slows me down alot and the payer will have a huge advantage that a normal player can't overcome the gap between the payers and non-payers, resulting in more losses of players
    Use several commanders for multiple attacks eg rubbish ones for small raids attacks then your best maybe for a few long distance but hits off renegades an hour away that are higher level with more units for more xp ????

Quote Originally Posted by Fanta32 View Post
    Use several commanders for multiple attacks eg rubbish ones for small raids attacks then your best maybe for a few long distance but hits off renegades an hour away that are higher level with more units for more xp ????
    I still have no energy even when using 10 heroes, i sire hope they would minimize it to 1 energy per hour

Quote Originally Posted by Converse View Post
    I still have no energy even when using 10 heroes, i sire hope they would minimize it to 1 energy per hour
    Do smaller amount of big attacks rather than dribbles of small raids?

Do smaller amount of big attacks rather than dribbles of small raids?
    I only do attacks with max amount of units i can use

Some of the info is wrong in this FAQ

*Placing a resources building on top of a raw mineral spot will *double*that building’s output.*

This statement is wrong. The values on the derrick with an oilpatch is 1104 and one without is 920 if you do the calculations it is *NOT* 50% it is about 20%. Both these derricks are at lvl 3, so are there a dimminishing returns in play or what?

*You can train up to 100 units at a time.*

This statement is just plain wrong, I train more than 100 units all the time.

What army templates?

I have some other questions to;
    For example why are the cores so hard to come by?
    Why can't you exchange some cores of the lvl1 sort to the lvl2 kind?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarender View Post
    *Placing a resources building on top of a raw mineral spot will *double*that building’s output.*

This statement is wrong. The values on the derrick with an oilpatch is 1104 and one without is 920 if you do the calculations it is *NOT* 50% it is about 20%. Both these derricks are at lvl 3, so are there a dimminishing returns in play or what?

*You can train up to 100 units at a time.*

This statement is just plain wrong, I train more than 100 units all the time.

What army templates?

I have some other questions to;
    For example why are the cores so hard to come by?
    Why can't you exchange some cores of the lvl1 sort to the lvl2 kind?
    Could have out this in quick question thread, will try help u...
    1) iron patches vary I have level 2 near me, closer to middle earth are level 6 etc they may have potential to DIY me production. What's your source that said it was double?
    2) army templates I turned them off, just like preset armies so you may use slot one for 500 jeeps to renegade hits, alot two for scouts, slot three for big army. My army varies everytime so I put them off
    3) cores may be rare to encourage spending gold/buying gold. Or you aren't lucky enough, more attacks on higher level renegades(NPC) get your cores easier. I only have one of the gold ones for my 5th base but see how next 4 come along

Could have out this in quick question thread, will try help u...
    1) iron patches vary I have level 2 near me, closer to middle earth are level 6 etc they may have potential to DIY me production. What's your source that said it was double?
    2) army templates I turned them off, just like preset armies so you may use slot one for 500 jeeps to renegade hits, alot two for scouts, slot three for big army. My army varies everytime so I put them off
    3) cores may be rare to encourage spending gold/buying gold. Or you aren't lucky enough, more attacks on higher level renegades(NPC) get your cores easier. I only have one of the gold ones for my 5th base but see how next 4 come along
    To answer your question read the FAQ, it is there. The first Q&A about buildings.

What is the purpose of the Defense Grid?
    How does it work and its it only for the units at that base, or all bases (similar to the research facility)?
    How does this change as the levels increase?

Same question on the sensor array