Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Night club or toy box

If you have 40 million to spare?
    KA - 541-706-222

CC - 381-841-430 (Retired)

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Toy Box. It's available for a short time. The NC is the better building, but you can build that anytime.

Post Count
    Toy Box for the items. The NC isn't going anywhere, and level 1 NC isn't that great. I waited until I could afford to buy and upgrade a NC to level 2 before I purchased mine.

Edit: now that I'm think about it, you said you have $40 million to "spare", but you probably mean you have $40 million total. The best long-term move would be to purchase and upgrade your NC, depending on your current IPH (which I assume is low since you don't have NCs). I think the ultimate goal is to build up a decent enough IPH so that you can get reasonably far in the LTBs-- it's better to sit a few LTBs out and then be able to upgrade one to receive items like: Passions Party Favor (402/298), Red Light Scrapper (518/416), Hot Night (823/461), Secret Identity (750/1000), Red Light Gun (1233/1101), Enforcer's Ride (1457/1577), Bombshell (2256/1595) in a few months as opposed to 7 items like the Passions Party Favor (402/298). The exception being if the building is a really strong one like the Chinese pagoda, but otherwise these LTBs actually slow your economy's growth.
    Last edited by BigMoney; 06-13-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Toy Box for the items. The NC isn't going anywhere, and level 1 NC isn't that great. I waited until I could afford to buy and upgrade a NC to level 2 before I purchased mine.

Edit: now that I'm think about it, you said you have $40 million to "spare", but you probably mean you have $40 million total. The best long-term move would be to purchase and upgrade your NC, depending on your current IPH (which I assume is low since you don't have NCs). I think the ultimate goal is to build up a decent enough IPH so that you can get reasonably far in the LTBs-- it's better to sit a few LTBs out and then be able to upgrade one to receive items like: Passions Party Favor (402/298), Red Light Scrapper (518/416), Hot Night (823/461), Secret Identity (750/1000), Red Light Gun (1233/1101), Enforcer's Ride (1457/1577), Bombshell (2256/1595) in a few months as opposed to 7 items like the Passions Party Favor (402/298). The exception being if the building is a really strong one like the Chinese pagoda, but otherwise these LTBs actually slow your economy's growth.
    I usually agree with you BM, but this time I think your first opinion was right. While the toy box isn't a strong building, it is limited and relatively cheap as compared to the mill. I would get the toy box because it is an additional income stream and there aren't that many high IPH money buildings to buy in the game. As you said the first time, the NC isn't going anywhere.

Post Count
    I'd say get your first toy box if you haven't already (decent ROI on level 1 + nice stat boost). If you have, then just spend the money buying that NC

Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post

Recently, I have come to disagree with any theoretical views of economy. In my opinion, if your economy can afford LTBs, then buy them and they will strengthen your economy to a point where you can purchase NCs And LTBs together during each war break. The weapons you get for free is a bonus and as Poor D was saying, high IPH money buildings are limited so buy as many as you can is the way to go.

But what I am really trying to say is that what you do depends on how long you intend to play the game for. If you pace yourself and intend to play the game on a sustainable basis for years to come (provided the game lasts that long - if it doesn't, anything we argue is pointless anyway), then your economy will kick ass quick enough no matter what strategy you adopt as long as you keep buying every good money building available without caring for what they are.

So the X factor people need to think about is the fun part and I find it more fun to get as many LTBs as possible because they are limited and gives me cool new weapons vs buying NCs which is likely to be around for a while and which one will be able to buy easily if they play long enough.

In essence, the longer you play, the better you become no matter what you do provided you follow the conventional growth strategies. So just have fun!!
    Join The Politicians - An active and diverse group of players from around the world. Come and join the family and see the difference for yourself!

Syndicate code: 613832871

My personal invite code: 111765313

Post Count
    Buy the NC. There will be other LTB in the future and you need to build your economy up with good blading s to be able to afford them. There no point in buying a Toy Box, when it won't help your economy improve like the NC will.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Banned
    Post Count
    NC is the best bang for your buck. If another LTB like the Pagoda show up, build it.

Banned
    Post Count
    Either get the toybox or save the money

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MattThomas08 View Post
    Buy the NC. There will be other LTB in the future and you need to build your economy up with good blading s to be able to afford them. There no point in buying a Toy Box, when it won't help your economy improve like the NC will.
    Yes the NC is better, but the Toy Box might be a top5-6 building and with limited end-game building, I think you will eventually regret not getting 2 of each of these LTBs.

Plus, as others have said, the NC isn't going anywhere.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Banned
    analyzing noobs recruiting at recruitment section ;D
    Post Count
    toybox. or kill yourself.

Banned
    analyzing noobs recruiting at recruitment section ;D
    Post Count
    im joking. get the toybox because its limited.

Post Count
    I'm with murf on this. Take the units.

I think about it the opposite of Feng - you're buying strong units and get IPH boosts as a bonus.

The Toy Box isn't a terrible building, either.

Here's a comparison (IPD includes 10% Tycoon and 25% Syndicate)
    Toy Box 1 - Income Per Day: $756K, cost $35M
    Condo 3 - IPD: $693K, cost $43.7M

Toy Box 2 - IPD: $1.51M, cost $93.5M
    Condo 5 - $1.58M, cost $143M

Toy Box 3 - IPD: $2.65M, cost $190.8M
    Condo 7 - $2.87, cost $420.6M

This is a good building for low levels. It makes the Condo and Credit Agency obsolete.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Lurker
    Post Count
    Depending on how you collect, the Toybox is, like, the fourth best income/day. I'd say get the buildings while you can and then save/level up the nc and go back to the Toybox. Of course, these buildings are new and probably going to continue to be released indefinitely- while this is good now, it may be pushed down in ranks as more are released.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Many thanks to all for the insightful contributions!
    KA - 541-706-222

CC - 381-841-430 (Retired)