Temporary fix for game issues.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Temporary fix for game issues.

Post Count

Temporary fix for game issues.

Noticed a lot of posts with issues regarding logging into the came, connectivity issues, in quests not starting, Not being able to hit certain mobs.

Some of these issues are isolated to certain individuals for what ever reason or to many people for whatever reason.

Below is a list of things I have done that have gotten me squared away in the past from the easiest to the more dire methods.

This may not work for everyone but has worked for most people I have shared them with in the past.

If it doesn't work for you I guess you will have to wait till gree comes up with a solution for your situation.

Gonna start with a few things first:

(*1) How to close a program from running in the back ground:
    To remove a program from running in back ground completely click home twice quickly (make sure you are not in the program you want to close out from back ground when you do this), this will bring up a bottom bar with all the programs you are currently running in the back ground. Click on any of the programs in the bottom bar till they shake and you see the red circle with minus sign. Hit the red circle with minus sign on any program you do not want running in the back ground.

(*2) How to do a hard reset of your device. Hold the power and the home button at the same time do not let go keep them pressed down till you see the screen power off and you see the apple logo. When you see the apple logo you can let go. This may take some practice for a few till you get the hang of it.

(*3) How to delete a program. Go to the app you want to delete. Press and hold the app till you see all the apps start shaking and you see the red circle with an x. Hit the red circle with an x for any app you wish to delete. You should get a window asking you to confirm that you want to delete the App and that you may loose information for that App. With some Apps this is true, for Kingdom Age your account info is on the server so you will not loose anything. You will still have your account after re-installing.

On the following things you can try each step first before progressing to the next ot after trying these methods and you find the method that works best for you well you can skip the other steps

1) Close the game.
    2) Close the game and remove from back ground as per (*1) above.
    3) Do step 2 and turn off the device and turn it back on.
    4) Do step 2 and do a Hard reset of device as per (*2).
    5) Delete the game and reload the game as per (*3).
    6) Do step 2-3 again ( continuation from step 5 )
    7) Do step 2-3 again ( continuation from step 6 )
    8) Do step 2-3 again ( continuation from step 7 )
    9) Do step 2-3 again ( continuation from step 8 )

After doing deleting the game and reloading the most I have had to repeat steps 2-3 was a total of 4 times to get the game working properly.

I can't tell you the reasons why the methods above worked for me as well as many of my friends and some forum users I have shared it with but it has worked more a lot more than it hasn't. There have been a few it hasn't worked for.

It's not perfect but when you run into a problem and while you are waiting for Gree to fix the problem you are having it is worth a shot.

Make sure to read and follow the directions carefully doesn't work if you can't follow directions.

Unfortunately the one thing I can't help people with is following directions this a person has to do on their own. ( A little sarcastic humor as many people that have said it didn't work when I asked them if they did and followed the directions carefully such as hard reset it turned out they skipped a step or 2 thinking it wasn't important and when redoing it properly found that it did work : )

For those with slow wifi or internet connection removing unnecessary programs from the back ground via (1) will probably help out loading speed and connection problems. Also if you have alerts and notifications turned on for too many programs can also be a problem only turn on alerts and notifications on programs you really need them on For this go to settings > Notifications > you can see howmany programs are using the notification center and turn notification for programs on or off here.

Hope this helps some people and remember as I said it will not work for everyone but it is worth a shot.

If you try these methods and they worked for you let people know what kind of problem you had which method got you past your particular problem.

Pleas also let us know if it didn't work as well.

If you have any other things you have done to resolve a problem share it with us and I will add it to this post and give you credit. (please PM me if you have replied with another method and would like me to add it to the post to ensure I get to it in a timely manner )
    Last edited by TempusDA; 06-16-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Post Count
    Thanks. I have never had trouble running KA, but it turns out that I had a lot of programs running in the background. Great little tip for closing those.
    If you want another ally, my code is 610-007-419.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thanks Tempus. That completely fixed my problem and saved me alot of frustration.

Post Count
    Your welcome Paulus and Dizzle.

I had posted my solutions a few times in the threads where people were having problems with game issues. Some people were having problems following what i wrote in those threads so decided to simplify and organize it and put it in it's own thread.

Well simplify it as much as I could. LOL

Now I can just post this link much easier.

Glad it helped

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I will try it in a moment... My iPad hates the game... Thank you!

Articulate Author Colony Colonel's Avatar
    Post Count
    Uhh, too much to read! but great looking thread and very good of you to consider sharing this with others!

Keep up the good work!

Join us now!
    166-376-313

Lurker
    Post Count

Problems connecting

Has anyone else had problems connecting? I live in Maryland and haven't been able to connect to the kingdom age app on my phone since Wednesday. Any ideas how to fix this?

If I delete the app and reload, do I lose all the progress I've made since first installing?

Post Count
    You will not loose progress. Hopefully you won't have to go all the way to step nine.

Let us know how it goes if it works or doesn't if it works how far you wen't in the steps. Good luck

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    You should add this in bold to the OP, Tempus. You will never lose game data by reinstalling. It's stored on the server, which is why you need Internet connectivity to play at all. At step 5. And since you're explaining basic phone operations, it wouldn't hurt to state actually how to uninstall something.
    "Hold down the App icon on the home screen desktop area until it shakes, then press the red X in the corner. Confirm the action when it asks you to. You could stop here, in which case you 'beat' the game, or you could go back to the App Store and reinstall the game."
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    You should add this in bold to the OP, Tempus. You will never lose game data by reinstalling. It's stored on the server, which is why you need Internet connectivity to play at all. At step 5. And since you're explaining basic phone operations, it wouldn't hurt to state actually how to uninstall something.
    "Hold down the App icon on the home screen desktop area until it shakes, then press the red X in the corner. Confirm the action when it asks you to. You could stop here, in which case you 'beat' the game, or you could go back to the App Store and reinstall the game."
    Added the info as per your request.

Thank you Shinazueli, can't believe I didn't think of adding that.
    Last edited by TempusDA; 06-14-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count

Thank you

Yes, that fixed the problem. Thank you for being helpful.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_now View Post
    Yes, that fixed the problem. Thank you for being helpful.
    Glad it helped.

How far down the steps did you have to go to get it to work? Will be helpful for people to know.