the poor man's LTQ

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the poor man's LTQ

the poor man's LTQ

Following great info posted by Deuces {PFJ} on the current LTQ event, I decided to perform a few analyses:

(1) In the table above, it is listed the loot yielded by this LTQ (up to current info). Because I am a boss killer under lvl 75, I am extremely conscious about xp gain. As one can see, the att/xp ratios start out pretty good (above 1), but rapidly decrease to below the average 0.5 att/xp. Note that prizes at these early levels will be mostly irrelevant on the end game though. This time around I settled for lvl 11 with the demolition kit (explosive with 92 att).

(2) The total xp gained for completing normal is 13165 xp. The total attack increase is 6974. The overall ratio for normal is 0.53 att/xp. Note that if you fall short of the final prize of normal just by one level, you'll have a ratio of 0.42 att/xp. Only the last level of the LTQ (either normal or elite) with the final prize, the ratio is dramatically increased (to around 2 att/xp) and will make the entire event pay off. Therefore, one might conclude that it is only worth to pursue the LTQ if one is able to go all the way.

(3) In contrast, boss events are completely different. Killing 50 bosses earns 6625 xp (computed with 10 xp at lvl 1 and 5 xp increases henceforth). The current boss event has 3 grand prizes for a total of 6741/6599. Moreover, there are 50 extra prizes. Assuming an average of 100 (split among lots of commons, several uncommons, and few rares), that factors in with 5000 more. Thus, the rate of stat gain per xp earned with a successful boss killing is 1.78 att/xp, with some luck associated to the random draws of 50 prizes maybe up to 2 att/xp. Even if you fall short of a final prize, it's still an acceptable deal and you'll have a better shot next time if you stay in the same tier.

(4) Lastly, there's the gold usage. I am able to kill bosses for free, I dont need to use gold to go all the way. If you play slowly and are patient, you can do it. Now, normal of the current LTQ costs 40,000 energy to complete. At a regeneration of 3 per minute, that corresponds to 13,333 min = 222.2 hr = 9.26 days. I can factor in maybe 2 or 3 level ups with free energy coming from there, but that's at most a discount of maybe 6,000 energy.

Conclusion: it is impossible to complete the LTQ (even normal) without gold if you dont have insane energy regeneration bonuses and pre-hit the maps extensively (note that pre-hitting doesnt save you xp, though)
    Conclusion #2: if you are not going all the way, it is better to just go a few normal levels and then lay off.
    Conclusion #3: never before had Crime City an event solely for gold spending (i.e. on which free play is not strategically smart and a rational non-gold spender will not play them at all).
    Conclusion #4: even if you spend gold and go all the way to elite, I am not that sure about its true benefit, gold effectiveness, and xp earn.
    Last edited by johnny boy phd; 06-12-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny boy phd View Post
    Following great info posted by Deuces {PFJ} on the current LTQ event, I decided to perform a few analyses:

(1) In the table above, it is listed the loot yielded by this LTQ (up to current info). Because I am a boss killer under lvl 75, I am extremely conscious about xp gain. As one can see, the att/xp ratios start out pretty good (above 1), but rapidly decrease to below the average 0.5 att/xp. Note that prizes at these early levels will be mostly irrelevant on the end game though. This time around I settled for lvl 11 with the demolition kit (explosive with 92 att).

(2) The total xp gained for completing normal is 13165 xp. The total attack increase is 6974. The overall ratio for normal is 0.53 att/xp. Note that if you fall short of the final prize of normal just by one level, you'll have a ratio of 0.42 att/xp. Only the last level of the LTQ (either normal or elite) with the final prize, the ratio is dramatically increased (to around 2 att/xp) and will make the entire event pay off. Therefore, one might conclude that it is only worth to pursue the LTQ if one is able to go all the way.

(3) In contrast, boss events are completely different. Killing 50 bosses earns 6625 xp (computed with 10 xp at lvl 1 and 5 xp increases henceforth). The current boss event has 3 grand prizes for a total of 6741/6599. Moreover, there are 50 extra prizes. Assuming an average of 100 (split among lots of commons, several uncommons, and few rares), that factors in with 5000 more. Thus, the rate of stat gain per xp earned with a successful boss killing is 1.78 att/xp, with some luck associated to the random draws of 50 prizes maybe up to 2 att/xp. Even if you fall short of a final prize, it's still an acceptable deal and you'll have a better shot next time if you stay in the same tier.

(4) Lastly, there's the gold usage. I am able to kill bosses for free, I dont need to use gold to go all the way. If you play slowly and are patient, you can do it. Now, normal of the current LTQ costs 40,000 energy to complete. At a regeneration of 3 per minute, that corresponds to 13,333 min = 222.2 hr = 9.26 days. I can factor in maybe 2 or 3 level ups with free energy coming from there, but that's at most a discount of maybe 6,000 energy.

Conclusion: it is impossible to complete the LTQ (even normal) without gold if you dont have insane energy regeneration bonuses and pre-hit the maps extensively (note that pre-hitting doesnt save you xp, though)
    Conclusion #2: if you are not going all the way, it is better to just go a few normal levels and then lay off.
    Conclusion #3: never before had Crime City an event solely for gold spending (i.e. on which free play is not strategically smart and a rational non-gold spender will not play them at all).
    Conclusion #4: even if you spend gold and go all the way to elite, I am not that sure about its true benefit, gold effectiveness, and xp earn.
    Nice analysis johnny boy. In a nutshell for everyone, LTQ events are crap! No matter what your level is and no matter whether you're gold or non-gold. Spend your XP and gold on other events!!

Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

Consistent Contributor The Fonz's Avatar
    Post Count
    Pretty good analysis. Having never attempted an LTQ before, I gave this one an initial go, but soon realized (after acquiring the Long Barrel Shotgun) that the XP gains relative to the A/D stats from the prizes weren't worth the time or effort, so I stopped.

Post Count
    The hit List was a great LTQ. It required a mixture of jobs, attacks and robberies and actually required some effort from the player to get the best bonuses.

Then they scrapped that great idea and went for a gold spending only event. Poor show Gree!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by maraudermat View Post
    The hit List was a great LTQ. It required a mixture of jobs, attacks and robberies and actually required some effort from the player to get the best bonuses.

Then they scrapped that great idea and went for a gold spending only event. Poor show Gree!
    That because everyone complained it was ridiculous rob certain buildings.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post
    That because everyone complained it was ridiculous rob certain buildings.
    For all the complaining... there were still quite a lot of people who completed it. It shouldn't be ridiculously easy to do these events. There should be some form of a challenge to get the best prize. That was the first and only event that demonstrated that.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    That event was awful. It took playing hours straight looking for low level buildings that no one has anymore. I hope they never do that style again.
    I NO LONGER PLAY CC

RETIRED FROM INDIAN NATION

My teepee still has the new teepee smell.

LOLGREE

Post Count
    Must admit I concur with many peoples thoughts on this, the format of this particular LTQ is extremely boring. Same jobs, same maps and same amount of gold needing to be used to complete even the normal levels.
    I was hoping for a PVP this time out, even the one Gree had before, beat certain amount of people, rob certain buildings etc.. yes it was frustrating at times looking for buildings to rob but at least it was a little bit fun. Going as far as I can with normal energy on this one and not using any gold at all, sorry Gree, you have been improving of late but using exactly the same format and jobs for numerous LTQ's is not good enough and is very lazy.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by maraudermat View Post
    For all the complaining... there were still quite a lot of people who completed it. It shouldn't be ridiculously easy to do these events. There should be some form of a challenge to get the best prize. That was the first and only event that demonstrated that.
    agreeeeed!

Post Count
    If you want them to change LTQ than stop using gold for these events as long majority of player use gold they keep doing it. We as player need to send a message to Gree.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Johnny Boy this is an excellent table and a great reference. Please do one for every LTQ henceforth.

Post Count
    I was thinking the same just didn't do the math and stopped at level 12 in event. Now on boss 40 and will finish her off. I am at level 48, 55 attack/59 defense

Post Count
    I GREAT thread, I came to the same conclusion and its nice to have it confirmed. Boss events suck for high levels, TLQ suck for campers. Boss events are great for Campers,, TLQ are great for high levels. GREE got the balance right, just can't please everyone all the time. Can't please Bala ever.
    []

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    They could always just make the "off levels" a combination of robbery and pk without being specific. That would earn bricks at least and be a lot more fun.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I cannot possible understand why anybody would think forcing people to find a Pawn Shop/House to be a "Good event".

Absolutely senseless especially for those earlier buildings. What am I going to do at lvl 188?? Who kept those?

Don't like this event?? Well, at least you aren't searching aiminglessly