Epic Boss Calculator - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss Calculator

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cooch View Post
    Did we have a boss event that had a syn prize...? The next one will be the big confirmation.
    Syndicate bonus = in-game cash bonuses purchased from collective syndicate bank.

Attack modifiers have been out for a very long time, I'm sure someone can confirm or deny if they work. I would assume they would work, as they are demonstrably of a different category to syndicate bonuses.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Thanx MT, I will try it out with "Gizmo" M8 )
    A0

[img][/img]

Post Count
    any kind of attack modifiers or mafia number modifiers do not work in boss event. Of course syndicate upgrade modifiers don't work either.
    It would be great if they fix it in the future without raising the boss defence
    Fight Club

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by (CK) EL View Post
    any kind of attack modifiers or mafia number modifiers do not work in boss event. Of course syndicate upgrade modifiers don't work either.
    It would be great if they fix it in the future without raising the boss defence
    In mw it now does so hopefully it will be coming here soon.

Post Count
    I really want Health regeneration bonus that MW have for boss events

Post Count
    Okay, first off, thank you for making the spreadsheet. However, I do have one criticism relating to the calculations as to the "gold required." The issue arises when you need a LOT of gold to kill the boss.

Let's say I am level 73 with an attack of ~15K (cough). At this level, a level 40 boss has 880,000 HP. According to the calculator, this means it will take 59 hits to kill the boss, and 160 gold. However, the underlying assumption here is that for 10 gold, you will be able to attack 3 times, assuming you have a minute to wait. If you are using the strategy to get 13 free hits, assuming absolutely perfect timing (which in reality would be nearly impossible)...

2 hours remain. Hit boss once.
    1:59. Hit boss 4 times.
    1:33. Hit boss 2 times.
    1:07. Hit boss 2 times.
    0:41. Hit boss 2 times.
    0:15. Hit boss 2 times.

13 hits, 15 minutes remaining. Now, using the prescribed gold strategy...

Refill health (10 gold).
    0:14. Hit boss 3 times. Refill health (total of 20 gold spent, 16 cumulative hits).
    0:13. Hit boss 3 times. Refill health (30 gold spent, 19 hits).
    0:12. ... 40 gold, 22 hits.
    0:11. ... 50 gold, 25 hits.
    0:03. 130 gold, 49 hits.
    0:02. 140 gold, 52 hits.
    0:01. 150 gold, 55 hits.
    1 second remaining - purchase health (160 gold), but only have time for 2 hits, totaling 57 hits. Not enough to defeat the boss. Even if you assume you could get 3 hits off with a second remaining, you'd have 58 hits, which is still too few.

This is again assuming absolutely flawless timing, and not taking into account time spent in the attack animation, etc. Even someone meticulously timing their attacks is likely to waste at least a whole minute doing so, and giving myself a 2 minute cushion before I start pouring on gold attacks (i.e. not waiting a minute for health to refill slightly) means that by the time I've spent 130 gold with 3 minutes remaining, totaling 49 hits, I need to spend 50 more gold (180 gold total) to get that 59th hit. Possibly one more health (190 gold) because one time when I KO'd a boss at the same time they KO'd me, I didn't "win" the battle until I got my health back to attack again.

So, at the very least, even if you assume unrealistically perfect timing, once you get above 55 hits, you need to switch to an assumption of only 2 more hits per 10 gold.

That's my opinion anyway. Feel free to point something out if I'm missing anything. Also, please excuse any typos, it's 6am here and I need to sleep.

Post Count
    i like this calculation. it will help me in fighting in next boss event.

Post Count
    @big money.... no need to say much...you are right
    Fight Club

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Okay, first off, thank you for making the spreadsheet. However, I do have one criticism relating to the calculations as to the "gold required." The issue arises when you need a LOT of gold to kill the boss.

Let's say I am level 73 with an attack of ~15K (cough). At this level, a level 40 boss has 880,000 HP. According to the calculator, this means it will take 59 hits to kill the boss, and 160 gold. However, the underlying assumption here is that for 10 gold, you will be able to attack 3 times, assuming you have a minute to wait. If you are using the strategy to get 13 free hits, assuming absolutely perfect timing (which in reality would be nearly impossible)...

2 hours remain. Hit boss once.
    1:59. Hit boss 4 times.
    1:33. Hit boss 2 times.
    1:07. Hit boss 2 times.
    0:41. Hit boss 2 times.
    0:15. Hit boss 2 times.

13 hits, 15 minutes remaining. Now, using the prescribed gold strategy...

Refill health (10 gold).
    0:14. Hit boss 3 times. Refill health (total of 20 gold spent, 16 cumulative hits).
    0:13. Hit boss 3 times. Refill health (30 gold spent, 19 hits).
    0:12. ... 40 gold, 22 hits.
    0:11. ... 50 gold, 25 hits.
    0:03. 130 gold, 49 hits.
    0:02. 140 gold, 52 hits.
    0:01. 150 gold, 55 hits.
    1 second remaining - purchase health (160 gold), but only have time for 2 hits, totaling 57 hits. Not enough to defeat the boss. Even if you assume you could get 3 hits off with a second remaining, you'd have 58 hits, which is still too few.

This is again assuming absolutely flawless timing, and not taking into account time spent in the attack animation, etc. Even someone meticulously timing their attacks is likely to waste at least a whole minute doing so, and giving myself a 2 minute cushion before I start pouring on gold attacks (i.e. not waiting a minute for health to refill slightly) means that by the time I've spent 130 gold with 3 minutes remaining, totaling 49 hits, I need to spend 50 more gold (180 gold total) to get that 59th hit. Possibly one more health (190 gold) because one time when I KO'd a boss at the same time they KO'd me, I didn't "win" the battle until I got my health back to attack again.

So, at the very least, even if you assume unrealistically perfect timing, once you get above 55 hits, you need to switch to an assumption of only 2 more hits per 10 gold.

That's my opinion anyway. Feel free to point something out if I'm missing anything. Also, please excuse any typos, it's 6am here and I need to sleep.
    You're right in all of this and I thought about this when making it. I didn't really make adjustments for it because I assumed that anybody requiring that many hits for the boss would probably write it off. Without adjusting the whole thing to only allow 2 hits for every refill, I can't really make the adjustment to the spreadsheet, so it's the best I can do to reach the majority of people's needs. It's pretty easy for those spending that kind of gold to make the adjustments themselves.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Banned
    Post Count
    I think you nailed it pretty well. This is the reason why I long ago gave up on the 40x boss event. I get as high as I can for as little as I can and then give up.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Killshot-CC View Post
    I think you nailed it pretty well. This is the reason why I long ago gave up on the 40x boss event. I get as high as I can for as little as I can and then give up.
    It's a shame they make the boss ridiculously overpowered once you get past level 100. Even with my paltry attack stat (15K) at level <75, I could defeat the boss for less than one vault of gold. But with 100K attack at level 101+, it seems it would take more than a vault of gold just to beat the boss once at level 40. It seems like a bad business decision, as I'm sure the people at the top are much more likely to buy gold in order to get that top boss item than those below 100, but no one is going to buy 30+ vaults to get there for an item that only gives a 1-2K stat boost. Or very, very few people would, at least. Make the boss just stronger than the 90th percentile players, and you'll get a lot more people willing to purchase a vault or two in order to get that final item, to make it from level 37 to level 40 or whatever.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    It's a shame they make the boss ridiculously overpowered once you get past level 100. Even with my paltry attack stat (15K) at level <75, I could defeat the boss for less than one vault of gold. But with 100K attack at level 101+, it seems it would take more than a vault of gold just to beat the boss once at level 40. It seems like a bad business decision, as I'm sure the people at the top are much more likely to buy gold in order to get that top boss item than those below 100, but no one is going to buy 30+ vaults to get there for an item that only gives a 1-2K stat boost. Or very, very few people would, at least. Make the boss just stronger than the 90th percentile players, and you'll get a lot more people willing to purchase a vault or two in order to get that final item, to make it from level 37 to level 40 or whatever.
    Use the gold to boost stats, and then take the next (or the next after that, etc) boss.

I'm looking forward to finally getting my first boss next week.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Lurker
    Post Count
    Does the att/def when you lvl up help you in any way agenst the boss?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Yes, but it's borderline useless. Maxes out at 10atk/skill pt. Attack only, obvious, defense has no impact on bosses.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    Yes, but it's borderline useless. Maxes out at 10atk/skill pt. Attack only, obvious, defense has no impact on bosses.
    Well, actually if you're below level 100 you're also going to get a bonus of getting to use more mafia for each increased level. It usually doesn't amount to very much even for me, because it just means I can bring more of my lowest level items.

Another tip, if you're leveling up soon, wait until you're in the middle of a boss kill if you can. Once you level, your stamina resets allowing 5 more hits.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide