@ Gree and any moderators that may be watching. Just a Suggestion on Gold and Honor

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What are your feelings on Hacked guilds and player accounts?(Multiple Select Allowed)

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think Gree is doing fine dealing with Hackers.

4 1.96%
  • I think Gree needs to be more active dealing with Hackers.

152 74.51%
  • I think the suggestion mentioned in this thread is a fair and should be implemented by Gree.

85 41.67%
  • I could care less about hackers I just play and don't care what other people do.

20 9.80%
  • I will probably eventually stop playing if nothing is done about hackers.

104 50.98%
  • I have stopped playing but would probaly start again if Gree took action against Hackers.

6 2.94%
  • I have stopped Playing and will prob never play again.

4 1.96%
  • I have replied with a different solution to Hacked accounts/guilds.

8 3.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: @ Gree and any moderators that may be watching. Just a Suggestion on Gold and Honor

Post Count

Lightbulb @ Gree and any moderators that may be watching. Just a Suggestion on Gold and Honor

I give credit where credit is due.

To Gree and it's admin would like to thank you for allowing this thread to continue, it is a good sign in my eyes at the very least and it is appreciated.

To match Gree's level of respect for this post and continuing to allow us to voice our concerns on this topic, lets continue to keep this thread constructive as it has been and was intended to be.

Great news we broke 100 lets keep them coming.

Lets try for at least 300 votes.
    It will prob take this amount at the very least to give it the weight it needs. We can hope less would be sufficient tho

What is it gonna take? :
    1) Viewing is not enough.
    2) We need votes in the hundreds.
    3) We need people leaving replies to help keep this thread on top, drawing more votes and more replies.
    4) We need to spread the word let your chat communities guilds and your friends know about this post ask them to come here and vote and reply to the thread voicing their concern, asking Gree to do something and offering solutions if they have any.
    5) If you do not have a Funzio account it takes a few minutes to make one and a few minutes to vote and leave a reply.
    6) Send in a ticket in game.

We do not want the momentum to die out and fade away, I doubt anyone is going to take this level of effort in the future so if you want something done be a part of the solution, nothing will happen if more people don't step up and take action.

Remember viewing is not enough.

The Time Is Now, The Place Is Here.

Don't let this opportunity slip away it will probably not come again most definitely not by me.

From what I have heard I could be wrong.

But it seems Gems are non hackable and from I heard beacuse Gree tracks gems at the servers.

It is obvious that their are hacks for gold and honor.

Would it be possible to track gold and honor the same way you do for gems making hacks for them obsolete.

Seems a simple solution.

Also provided this suggestion a while back.

Are donation logs kept by the servers for guilds? If so could you not do a search program on donations made in the suspected guilds and suspected hackers that proved to be actual hackers.

Take a tally of all the gold that was donated to a specific guild by a hacker. we will call this Hacked Gold.

Calculate the all Gold that was spent on upgrades the Guild in question has. We will call this Total Gold spent on Upgrades.

Reset all the upgrades to 0.

Subtract Hacked Gold from Total Gold spent.

This will leave the total amount of gold that was put into upgrades legitimately for the guild to then spend on the upgrades that were reset to 0.

This will remove the unfair advantage a guild received from a hacker but at the same time leave the amount of gold that was donated into the guild legitimately to rebuild the reset upgrades as mentioned above.

This seems to be a very fair resolution to me and I think it would be considered fair by people that are in the guilds that previously had hackers in the guild as well as by the guilds that never had hackers that are obviously upset of the unfair advantage.

Ok now walls in the guilds that have had hacker activity they could have a ridiculous amount of level 10 walls built to be fair to everyone and I think this is a small price to pay for not getting disbanded remove all walls from guilds that have had hacker activity in conjunction with action suggested above.

Most guilds have to completely rebuild walls after a war as most legitimate guilds budget how much they spend on walls to make sure they have enough for upgrading the guild bonuses.

Also another suggestion instead of trying to sweep hacker activity under the rug especially if action was taken against a suspected player or guild of hacker activity. Make a section in the forums on reported Hackers have 2 lists one alphabetical by name 1 for Guilds 1 for players. The list should contain name and ID of guild/Player and status of investigation. I suggest via document that can be downloaded by players to throw into a word program with Find Word capability the person could then search for a guild/player ID/name quickly.

Also in the section inform the people on how to properly fill out a support ticket what information you need on the Guild/Player in order for you folks to do an investigation on a guild or player.

The lists would have the ID number and name of Guild or Player depending on which list it is and the result of any investigation that has been done.
    1) Pending investigation
    2) Found innocent
    3) Found Guilty and the action taken

This should satiate the players that Gree is taking action and cares about what the players think.

Also to make sure that Gree does not spend unnecessary action an investigation will only be done if Gree gets at least 60 hacker complaints from different people on a particular guild or player via support tickets.

This will ensure that people are actually filling out support tickets instead of just complaining in the forums and the proper information is sent to the proper place.

Answering this post with what you folks are planning on doing are doing have done regarding Hackers and hacks. Or even better make a sticky on Hacks/ Hackers in the forums and announce what you folks have done will do cannot do and why.

Now it is Obvious by reading the forums that guilds / people have taken some action due to them being upset about the lack of action on hackers or what seems to be lack of action as they are not being informed of what action is being taken. How about forwarding my suggestion to the Board/Tech department to see if what I have suggested is possible to implement.

Lets find a solution before players escalate this anymore and before even more people leave the game.

To the players if you like the post I have made here and like the suggestion then don't just read it post a reply to keep this thread alive or it will just get buried and disappear keeping this thread alive and having a lot of replies will show how serious the players are. IF you have guild members or friends that are tired of hackers that are not in the forums ask them to join the forums and reply to this thread.

Endless complaints smear tactics between guilds and players are not tasteful. Fingers should not be pointed name should not be named based on assumptions. If you have information report it to Gree. Now if players feel like nothing is being done about hackers they should bring this up and they should be allowed to bring this up.

Gree do something about it if you are let people know what you are doing so they don't assume you are doing nothing.

Also included with this thread will be a poll spend the time to vote on it.

Each person will be allowed to vote once and to select multiple options.

Keep the thread alive by replying to the thread. The more replies, views and votes the more it will be taken seriously.
    Offer solutions of your own if you have a good one ( constructive and fair preferred, lets not be selfish to our own needs ).

Spread the word to your friends, guilds and in game via walls to come here and vote and reply to this thread.

Recap on other solutions provided by players in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    ....Maybe it might be more cost effective and better manageable, if they hire a 3rd party(a company that deals with these problems for companys who can not afford there own department). with all the problems that exist across all games, Someone must have thought of and started a security Company dedicated to combating these problems for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt road Joe View Post
    I'll throw in a little suggestion. Right now my understanding is that we can't come to a conclusion about how to disband illegitimate guilds. How about this:

1) The guilds that have the 60 members or any other guild in question should have that gold(that was given illegitimately) removed from their vault, walls and upgrades.

2) After this, disband the members that joined the guild last that don't fall in the new guilds member limit.

3) Credit the disbanded members 50% of the gold they may have donated to the guild (unlikely to be a high amount of gold since most these guilds don't require donations, but just to make it a little fair for them)

4) After that they could easily join a new guild and donate the money there.

Last edited by TempusDA; 06-16-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Post Count
    Please make a section or sticky thread on Hackers and Hacks.
    What is the best way to report a suspected hacker or guild that may have hacker activity, what information is needed on the support ticket.
    What kind of action Gree has taken and is working on to solve Hack issues.
    People or guilds that had been reported of Hacker activity found guilty and actions taken.
    People or guilds that have been found to be clear of hacker activity.

This should help heal the obvious rift between the players and Gree.

I think this is a reasonable request.

I will risk being banned for making this post but I don't think it is one that is worthy of getting banned that is up to the moderators. I for one am tired of all the post on hacks hackers lets take some action on this.

I have put a lot of time into the game creating helpful spreadsheets for the players have been pretty diplomatic on dealing with issues when it came to Gree as well as players. Lets do something about this. I can say for certain if I get banned for saying what needs to be said and in a way that is fair to Gree as well as the players, I will not be playing any more and all my efforts in making the game more enjoyable will stop.

In case I do get banned I will say that well I have had a fun ride and it was a pleasure being in the forums and playing the game with all of you.

I will have a bit more hope that I will not get banned and that Gree finds that what I have said is fair.

I will say also that my voice about the game goes beyond just the forums here I do have some weight not just here but also in chat rooms for Kingdom Age in quite a few chat apps and chat rooms, as well as spreadsheets that are used by well a lot of guilds and a lot of players and I am sure someone will take my spot should I be removed there are quite a few people that are on the verge of quiting that I am sure would take up the torch. This in no way is a threat just a a statement of fact. I can take my voice beyond the forums. I have made a copy of my post and can pass on the torch. This has already gone viral in the Kingdom Age chat communities and well probably on a lot of wall posts in game.

But like I said I have a bit more hope lets show the players that Gree does care what the players think. That people will not be silenced if a post is fair, diplomatic and constructive. My feeling is that I won't be banned cause I feel I have been Fair diplomatic and constructive in all my posts including this one.

Nothing I have said has ever been derogatory towards Gree I have always been fair in my views towards not only players but Gree as well. I am just tired of all the threads on Hackers and would like something to be done so we can fill the forums with more useful things.

I sincerely hope that Gree meets the players of the game half way even if Gree does not put all that I have suggested into action at least being a little more transparent by creating a section or a sticky on the Hacker issue should at least help in some way. Maybe tell us what Gree is doing about the situation and have done so players do not feel like they are being ignored.
    Last edited by TempusDA; 06-11-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Smile I totally agree with Tempus

thank you Tempus for voicing out one more time the concerns of all fair players . If nothing is done to this game, we will be leaving this game to the thieves and hackers that Gree is not doing anything about. last time I checked there are so many other games where we can spend our money too .

Post Count
    This why I voted for you in the moderator poll.
    Kingdom Age:
    541-130-719
    378-473-726

Post Count
    Tempus for president!!! Or maybe just moderator

Post Count
    I raised my hands in agreement to this poll.
    Something has to be done, before it gets worse and spoilt the entire game for sincere players.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Great job Tempus!!! I have voted. We can only hope that Gree takes this to heart

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TempusDA View Post
    Reset all the upgrades to 0.
    How about the guild increase upgrade? Reset to 20, and kick out all 40 legal players from the (HACK) guild?
    Those 40 legal players may work hard to donate to the guild. I don't think GREE will do that. This is not a good solution.

BTW, I think GREE already did some upgrade recently to track gold and honors in their servers.
    Does anyone find any gold & honor hacker recently?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I like the idea.
    My problem is I don't believe they have the staff left to investigate all the suspected activity that gets reported.
    I remember reading recently how they restructured, and people lost jobs..which to me signalled the remaining employs get a larger work load and multule duties they dident have befor, and now they have to prioritize what they can do and when.
    Hacking is a big problem in all games, big and small. The company's that combat it with a degree of success, have large departments dedicated to just this one thing, don't think gree has the resources or the manpower to combat the problem effectively.
    Maybe it might be more cost effective and better manageable, if they hire a 3rd party(a company that deals with these problems for companys who can not afford there own department). with all the problems that exist across all games, Someone must have thought of and started a security Company dedicated to comating these problems for others.
    Daily player

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BadNews View Post
    How about the guild increase upgrade? Reset to 20, and kick out all 40 legal players from the (HACK) guild?
    Those 40 legal players may work hard to donate to the guild. I don't think GREE will do that. This is not a good solution.

BTW, I think GREE already did some upgrade recently to track gold and honors in their servers.
    Does anyone find any gold & honor hacker recently?
    If you re read the thread you will see that it was to reset the guild upgrades to zero

tally up the gold it took to purchase those upgrades minus the gold that was found to be hacked.

The guild will then be given back the legitimate gold amount all the amount of gold that was donated without hacked gold the gold that people worked hard to earn.

With the amount of legitimate gold placed back into the guild they can then repurchase upgrades immediately.

This is a very fair solution I am a pretty fair person.

This way guilds that have had hackers join that have reported the hackers to Gree and of the situation will not be dismembered as some people want witch I think is unfair. A whole guild should not be punished for the few especially if that guild had taken the correct actions. This is so guilds that have had hacekrs will only have the amount of gold donated by the hacker/hackers removed and then can repurchase upgrades with the legitimate gold that was donated to the guild.

This is also fair to the guilds that have not had hackers in their guilds that have worked hard to get the upgrades with gold they earned. Things would be put back into balance.

This is a resolution that should satisfy both sides. Not just the guilds upset about guilds that have had hackers. But also the guilds that have had hackers that are no longer members and have also worked hard to keep upgrading the guild since the hacker had left or had been removed.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TempusDA View Post
    If you re read the thread you will see that it was to reset the guild upgrades to zero

tally up the gold it took to purchase those upgrades minus the gold that was found to be hacked.

The guild will then be given back the legitimate gold amount all the amount of gold that was donated without hacked gold the gold that people worked hard to earn.

With the amount of legitimate gold placed back into the guild they can then repurchase upgrades immediately.

This is a very fair solution I am a pretty fair person.
    Still will kick out some legal players. It's not fair to those legal players.

And another thing, I don't think there are any innocent top guild, they just don't have hackers right now.

examples:
    1. The original founder of DW guild got banned. They unlocked 54 spots during the first war.
    2. Winstrol from RK got banned. Nobody would think they have hackers at the beginning of the war.
    3. FUN kicked out some hackers after the first war.

All those hackers must donated lots of gold to those guilds, should we reset all those guilds?

Sorry guys, I just tell you the fact. Don't have any offend to those top guilds. I believe most of players from those top guild are legal players.
    Last edited by BadNews; 06-11-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    I like the idea.
    My problem is I don't believe they have the staff left to investigate all the suspected activity that gets reported.
    I remember reading recently how they restructured, and people lost jobs..which to me signalled the remaining employs get a larger work load and multule duties they dident have befor, and now they have to prioritize what they can do and when.
    Hacking is a big problem in all games, big and small. The company's that combat it with a degree of success, have large departments dedicated to just this one thing, don't think gree has the resources or the manpower to combat the problem effectively.
    Maybe it might be more cost effective and better manageable, if they hire a 3rd party(a company that deals with these problems for companys who can not afford there own department). with all the problems that exist across all games, Someone must have thought of and started a security Company dedicated to comating these problems for others.
    That is a very interesting idea.

If you see at the beginning of the thread you will also notice that Gree had taken precaution against Gems being hacked you would think they could do the same for gold and honor points.

I personally like the game and hope that things get done. A large amount of revenue is made from wars. But with ridiculous amounts of level 10 Walls and upgrades that guilds with Hacked gold can purchase it is likely that more and more people wil stop spending money on wars.

Just to give an Idea 60 Level 10 walls cost 125,700,000 Gold and 6,600 Stones. I know this cause I created a wall calculator to find out you are welcome to check my figures. If anyone has gone up against level 10 walls during guild wars you will know just what it takes to destroy one of these imagine facing a guild through out the war every time you battle them they seem to have an endless supply. The guilds that are actually spending time and money in the game having to relentlessly fight a guild with an endless supply of level 10 walls each war will you can see their frustration and they have a right to complain.

The funny thing is I am not in a top 10 guild so this doesn't effect me. But I am tired of the endless complaints so I have put together all the legitimate concerns I have read in the past an made an attempt to be constructive about a solution.
    Which will not be good for Gree or the people that want to keep playing.

I am here trying to provide solutions that is both good for Gree and the players,

If Gree has taken action or are taking action then communicating with the players on what has been done and what is being done will be a good first step. For there to be this amount of complaints not just in the forums but within the game and in the guilds after how many wars i could be wrong but I think 4 wars so far is not a good sign.

I am not trying to upset Gree or the players but try to offer some sound resolutions that will be good for Gree and the players.

Thank you for offering yet another solution and I hope other people do the same.
    Last edited by TempusDA; 06-11-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Lurker
    Post Count

Good work!

I'm an active player and an active forum reader, but this is the first time I felt the need to write. Your post Tempus deserves it. Just like you I'm against all hacks, but I also start to get tired of all the complaining. It's time to put an end to it and for Gree to go public with their actions.
    Thank you!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BadNews View Post
    Still will kick out some legal players. It's not fair to those legal players.

And another thing, I don't think there are any innocent top guild, they just don't have hackers right now.

examples:
    1. The original founder of DW guild got banned. They unlocked 54 spots during the first war.
    2. Winstrol from RK got banned. Nobody would think they have hackers at the beginning of the war.
    3. FUN kicked out some hackers after the first war.

All those hackers must donated lots of gold to those guilds, should we reset all those guilds?

Sorry guys, I just tell you the fact. Don't have any offend to those top guilds. I believe most of players from those top guild are legal players.
    I really don't see where you are getting this from my post. Where is it in my post that Gree should remove legal players or dismantle guilds. Honestly are you reading my post. The whole point to my suggestion is to not dismantle a guild to leave it in tack only remove the amount of gold that was donated from Hacked accounts. Have it so the guild can also regain the legitimate gold returned so they can then repurchase upgrades with the legitimate gold.

I don't go making blind accusations about a player or a guild and often speak up when I see people doing it.

I think people with legitimate facts and proof should report it via a ticket. I dont think names should be mentioned in the forums. I think Gree should provide a method in witch they can report back to people, the players and guilds that have either been found guilty via evidence provided by players and the investigation they do on their part or that have been found innocent.

We should not assume we should not go on witch hunts we should provide the facts for Gree to act on and open an investigation, and Gree should on their part do something about it. Communicating with the players and let them know what is being done would be a good step to eliminating a lot of issues in the forums.

So where do you read in anything I have posted that leads to legitimate players being removed you have me a bit confused can you cut and paste what I have written that has lead you to that conclusion. If I find what you say to be true I will be more that happy to correct my wording.

Clarify by stating and repeating anything that i have wrote that leads to a legal player being removed. Are you sure you are reading my post correctly?
    Last edited by TempusDA; 06-11-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Post Count
    For the amount of complaining about Hackers done in the forums was really hoping there would be more replies to this thread, here is the chance to speak to take action. Vote and reply.

Or does it fall down to it is just pointing of fingers. I was never really all that concerned about it. Frankly was tired of all the complaining without action. So here I am taking up the cause where is the voice now. Actual presentation of a solution constructive and fair to everyone.

If you were actually concerned about hackers here is a chance to do something or does it just fall to guilds pointing fingers at each other.

For those that have spoken and voted many thanks as well as those yet to reply and vote

Honestly anyone not answering this post and yet complain about hackers and guilds that hack, after this post I personally will look at it as people that just want to complain and smear names and really have no interest at all in trying to make a stand against the hack problem we have within the game or any intent to fix anything.

Are we complainers in the forums or are we people of action. We will see who is about the talking and who is about the doing.

I for one hope that the majority of the people that spend time posting in the forums are about trying to resolve issues be constructive in what we say and take action behind what we believe in and be diplomatic and fair. To help make the game better for everyone.

Where are all the people that seemed so adamant about hackers and wanting Gree to do something about it what are we going to to about it.

If we can't even unite to speak in what we believe in how could we ever really complain about Gree.