Gree - need help, losing members fast

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gree - need help, losing members fast

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Gree - need help, losing members fast

Today in our faction after the war 2 more people quit the game. One has asked if someone wants to take over his game and the other is just deleting it. These were both good members, one was a Colonel and had been playing over a year. We lost 2 after the last war also, I thought is was a fluke then but now I see it as a trend. And we have a few that are dropping from the faction because war is both demanding and costly and not as much fun as it used to be when strategy was needed. Now it's all about gold, if you aren't buying gold you are not going to place well in the end.

This will bring a lot of ridicule, but the fact is I liked this game, I've been playing for 1 1/2 years, and I am also thinking weighing the merits of the game now. I am cutting back on my spending and playing time. Because it used to be that you had a chance to out maneuver, out think and out play your opponents. But now all you have to do is use gold. LTQ units are making the destructible, in-game units obsolete. Why spend 15 million on a tactical sub when you can get better units by the 3rd level of any LTQ.

There's no need to camp because it no longer works. There is no need to raid unless you want to fire the Boss event. In-game money means nothing because in-game units are useless and why build up your base if you don't need cash. Just get a few gold bars, do the LTQs and start an indestructible army. And the constant LTQs get boring after a while. A new event fired up after the war, I haven't even looked at it. Right now I'm not even interested. And that concerns me because the game has been a big part of my time. And I'm afraid I will have a lot of free time soon.
    Last edited by Sigfried; 06-10-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: to make more readable

Post Count
    well that is not good news, well i am mostly free player, level 139 and we finished at about 1200 during the war, mostly free players (1 that used gold) and i have the same issue, but i prestaged this LTQ and most of my units are indestructible too, but i still find the game very amusing.

ps. playing about a year now..

pss. i don't know why they are leaving? Maybe a better faction for them right now?? Pm them for a reason
    Last edited by keeskiller; 06-10-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: extra content

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

I know the reason

They are leaving because they don't enjoy playing anymore. They are not going to other factions. They are not camping. They are not taking a break. They didn't just leave our faction - they left the game. The fun of the game was to out smart and out play. Not to out spend. There is no fun in that. Just a matter of how much extra cash you have. While they are trying to figure out how to maximize cash flow, they need to also inject some fun back into the game.

I gave up Monster Quest last month. But that really doesn't count, it wasn't that great anyway. Now I am considering MW. Because if it's just about money, I can find better things to spend money on.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I just voluntarily left a top 30 faction. The game isn't the same anymore...it used to be a lot of fun. It has become demanding, if you want to be competitive, and costly. Why am I giving a large amount of money to a ****ty company that makes a ****ty game? I have plenty of disposable income, but I'd rather give it to charity than buy virtual nothingness. I feel bad for the people that have started taking this game way too seriously... so much so that they neglect family, friends and work. Anyway, I'm looking for a leisurely faction that's all about having fun.
    Last edited by JohnnyHempseed; 06-10-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I agree that for most players in-game cash is not really needed to purchase units due to these LTQ's, but I know that there is at least one member of our faction that does not get access to a lot of these events due to the device he uses. His level is high enough that he could participate, but they just do not show up on his device. For players such as him, camping is something that is more of a necessity as he will need cash later on to purchase stronger units. If you complete missions, then in-game cash would be needed to purchase needed units. Otherwise it is just something to donate to your faction to purchase better bonuses to help in the WD events. I am still purchasing and upgrading buildings so I have more cash to donate to my faction. I agree with others that think it would be interesting to have a gold free battle just to see how teams would rank and make the game a little more fun, even if only for one battle.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    A gold free battle would be more interesting

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by StickShift View Post
    A gold free battle would be more interesting
    Yes, it definitely would be fun and fair.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The game can be incredibly fun and reasonable (cost wise) in the top 250 to 100 range. There's a lot of movement amongst the factions and rankings are constantly changing with many teams moving up or down but never sideways.

This past war we ran into factions that were top 500 that in past wars that were fielding top 250/100 quality members. That's exciting!

I really wish more top players would "slow down" and remind themselves why this game is fun. I know a few folks in top factions and they all said their most enjoyable WD was the one their faction went gold free and just played the game.

Pace yourselves people. Play the game and have fun. It's still free...if you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    Today in our faction after the war 2 more people quit the game. One has asked if someone wants to take over his game and the other is just deleting it. These were both good members, one was a Colonel and had been playing over a year. We lost 2 after the last war also, I thought is was a fluke then but now I see it as a trend. And we have a few that are dropping from the faction because war is both demanding and costly and not as much fun as it used to be when strategy was needed. Now it's all about gold, if you aren't buying gold you are not going to place well in the end.

This will bring a lot of ridicule, but the fact is I liked this game, I've been playing for 1 1/2 years, and I am also thinking weighing the merits of the game now. I am cutting back on my spending and playing time. Because it used to be that you had a chance to out maneuver, out think and out play your opponents. But now all you have to do is use gold. LTQ units are making the destructible, in-game units obsolete. Why spend 15 million on a tactical sub when you can get better units by the 3rd level of any LTQ.

There's no need to camp because it no longer works. There is no need to raid unless you want to fire the Boss event. In-game money means nothing because in-game units are useless and why build up your base if you don't need cash. Just get a few gold bars, do the LTQs and start an indestructible army. And the constant LTQs get boring after a while. A new event fired up after the war, I haven't even looked at it. Right now I'm not even interested. And that concerns me because the game has been a big part of my time. And I'm afraid I will have a lot of free time soon.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    ...Why spend 15 million on a tactical sub when you can get better units by the 3rd level of any LTQ...

...In-game money means nothing because in-game units are useless....

...And the constant LTQs get boring after a while. A new event fired up after the war, I haven't even looked at it. Right now I'm not even interested...
    Very well said Sigi!

Sadly i dont have a lvl10 Dry Dock, but the only time i would buy Tactical Strike Sub's would be during Wars, when i'm running over vault. But i rather donated it to my faction then.

Since i'm a long time player too my army is indestructible to more then 70%. (Also used Gold.)

So yes; Gold or cheat. I rather take the honest way.
    Tree Sniper? - never heard of it -

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I am quitting as soon as one of my faction members takes over my account.
    I have mostly enjoyed my time in the game, as a totally free player I have done pretty well, been the leader of a top 75 faction, kicked the asses of some of the top 25 teams and beat up on some well known forum members just to say I have done it.
    I am quitting now because there is little else I can achieve in this game, and it is becoming far too demanding and time intensive to stay in a good faction as a free player. My faction was mostly gold free for Madagascar and it was pretty good fun. We enjoyed seeing who was actuallythe best fighter on the team rather than who has the most gold or best hacks as it is in top 100 teams.

Thanks Gree, for giving me a decent game to play for 18 months or so, I know I never paid you a cent so I shouldn't expect much, but I think I got value for money

Thanks to all the players on the game who make it what it is, the main reason people stick around so much is for their friends made in the game.

Thanks to my factions, firstly, The Universal Soldiers, then later on, the mighty Palringo Faction. It was a roller coaster ride but we did pretty well, and had fun which is why we play the game really.
    Active world 4 fighter

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    The game can be incredibly fun and reasonable (cost wise) in the top 250 to 100 range. There's a lot of movement amongst the factions and rankings are constantly changing with many teams moving up or down but never sideways.

This past war we ran into factions that were top 500 that in past wars that were fielding top 250/100 quality members. That's exciting!

I really wish more top players would "slow down" and remind themselves why this game is fun. I know a few folks in top factions and they all said their most enjoyable WD was the one their faction went gold free and just played the game.

Pace yourselves people. Play the game and have fun. It's still free...if you want it to be.
    Totally agree pink. I was feeling down about the game recently too... but if you just STOP (or severely slow) the gold spending, take a look around... there's a lot of free players having lots of fun. Sure, camping doesn't do much for you anymore since cash units are worthless... but the bosses and high faction bonuses are so expensive it still really pays to not need pvp for cash (the whole purpose of camping, right?). I started a new LLP camper and I know once it gets big IPH, a few bosses under it's belt... it won't compete with goldies flying through LTQs, but campers never stood much of a chance against gold, and I'll still make mad WD points for my top 350 team while the goldies level at 2-3 times the rate I do, spending more and more so they can fight themselves. Honestly I hope big spenders and fast players keep it up... it just means I'll never have to see them at war or on my rival's list ever again, except briefly as they level past.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Now there is even no way to enhance yourself greatly except gold.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MADCAT View Post
    the smartest people never download any GREE games
    the 2nd smartest people uninstall GREE games and never return
    Technically I never downloaded a Gree game. When I downloaded MW, it was a Funzio game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I love this game, bugs and all, but i agree 100%. When i saw the next war was less than 3 weeks away and another energy (read:gold) event already started, i told my faction mates that we need to relax next war and be happy with top 500 or even 750. Prizes arent that great till top 50 anyway, and im exhausted from this game. Ive said it before, but it always falls on deaf ears - leave us wanting more instead of making more of us leave. Listen to your customers Gree.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Hey, we are all about fun placed 605ish in last war but was having more fun on groupme with each other than the war... We had a blast ... Wanna join?