@ Sirius What are the guidelines for "Necro" old threads?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: @ Sirius What are the guidelines for "Necro" old threads?

Post Count

@ Sirius What are the guidelines for "Necro" old threads?

Hello was curious about the rule in the posting guidelines.
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...pdated-3-6-13*

Please DO NOT:

"Necro" old threads.

I noticed you closed a few threads and left the reply "/closed please don't necro old threads"

I had read it in the guidelines but didn't really know what it meant so i dug up some info from my Guru and long time teacher Google.

What I found:

To necro a thread is to revive/bump a thread that has been long dead/inactive or no longer relevant.

Noticed there wasn't a description to what "Necro" old thread meant.

Also I noticed in my search it seems different sites had different policies on what they considered a dead thread.

The time period how old does a thread have to be on Funzio forums to be considered a dead thread.

Is it that amount of time from which the thread is started or from the last post on that thread.

The actions one would take if they wanted to talk about a subject/thread is old, would they start a new thread on the same topic?

Just out of curiosity what is the reason you folks do not wan't old subjects discussed?

If there is and old thread and is past the expiration date so then someone starts the thread over, doesn't this just add more clutter into the forums having multiple threads on the same subject? Also information people may want to see in the old thread would be lost and people would have to read multiple threads on the same subject to get the full perspective.

People get persecuted and thrown on a cross to die a long painful death when ( a little humor ) when someone posts another thread that has been started already.

Is there anyway you folks could add in the posting guidelines:
    1) The definition of "Necro" old threads as it pertains to this site as different sites define it differently.
    2) What would make a thread qualify for this, the time period from the start date or last post.
    3) The action we would take if we want to discuss something that had died out in the past. Would we start a new thread on the same subject. ( a little humor if we would get a "Get out of persecution from peers card for starting the thread that had already been discussed" )
    4) The reason why we do not want to reply to practice necromancy by replying to an expired thread based on your guidelines.

It may be helpful to some to have a better understating for what '"Necro" a thread' means and the guidelines and reason for it and save you folks a lot of time.

Thank You.

Now to the rest of my peers I am sure I am gonna get egged for not knowing what "Necro" a thread meant before today. I guess I am not as much of a geek as I thought I was, it can only mean that maybe I do in fact have a life after all thank goodness.

I am sure I am gonna get teased for this it's fine I have a think hide hehe, let the roast begin a little humor never hurts.

@ Sirius noticed you have been very active in the forums and have been quick to answer peoples questions and show interest to what people say or think about the game. I would like to say thank you and it is appreciated.

Post Count
    Would like to make a request to keep "Your Kingdom Age Wish List" open if possible, or would you like for us to start a new one?

In fact I think it would be a good one to get a sticky and kept alive.

Although there are some far cries from reasonable request there are at times some very good suggestions to help improve the game.

It would be a good open form of communication and i think mutually beneficial for Gree and the players. Making a better game helps Gree generate more money and keeping players happy also helps Gree generate more money, a win win for both sides. There could be a few gems of an idea that could help make the game better.

Post Count
    Agreed TempusDA, there needs to be some sort of cohesion between old and new threads also, rather than bringing back old threads from last year, it may be due to the fact that some new forum members don't know where to look for certain answers, need to revamp the important threads..general questions, helpful hints

Post Count
    Thanks for the support Ratma.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I totally agree, the game has changed so much in the past couple of months why shouldn't we necro old feeds to update it with new game info. It only makes sense to update past topics with current data.
    Last edited by goowokji; 06-08-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Post Count
    Good point TempusDA,

We will work on getting a few things/topics updated for sure. I will ask outside of some really key/critical threads, if new info needs to over write the old, detail it out and lets get it stickied.

Thanks!

~Sirius

Btw, keep those votes going in the moderation thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...erators/page13

Post Count
    If your taking the 'Forum Moderators' thread seriously can someone create a poll of the top candidates so I can make a proper vote. It's too confusing and I would like to make my vote count please.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintus View Post
    If your taking the 'Forum Moderators' thread seriously can someone create a poll of the top candidates so I can make a proper vote. It's too confusing and I would like to make my vote count please.
    Just go to this link and pick 2 people you think would be good moderators

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...411#post809411

Click the link hit reply and type two names easy peasy.

Post Count
    Ok I didn't realise it was nicely tallied on the first page. Btw tempus you were my vote and I'm surprised you havn't got more.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Good point TempusDA,

We will work on getting a few things/topics updated for sure. I will ask outside of some really key/critical threads, if new info needs to over write the old, detail it out and lets get it stickied.

Thanks!

~Sirius

Btw, keep those votes going in the moderation thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...erators/page13
    Hey Sirius,
    Much respect for being consistently present and for doing a better job than your predecessor. I was asked to speak on behalf of one of my allies "R Just R" if you can remove his ban here on the forums? He was trying to update old threads with new info and was banned for spamming. I read a couple of his posts and jonny's replies to him before it was deleted and it is not spamming. Yes he necro'ed old threads but those threads were not closed so it was allowed to be updated. From your quote above you agree that old topics should be updated. Besides there were no guidelines that forbade someone from Necro-ing an old thread. If he wasn't breaking any forum rules that did not exist at that time and was not given any warnings why is he banned for updating old threads. Your help in this matter is much appreciated, thanks.