GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Top Non Gold spending faction?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Top Non Gold spending faction?

Prompted from another thread ……
    Quote Originally Posted by DILL3NGER View Post
    Can I just add my point of view on this subject......

Who gives a flying ****. This adoration towards PUN, SF and Fer or whatever they have decided to call themselves now is pathetic. They're only at the top because they spend the most money which in itself even more pathetic!

I'd much rather know about the top faction that doesn't spend money on gold and achieves their points by teamwork, strategy and communication, rather than throwing disposable income at it.

Get a life people.
    Quote Originally Posted by quagmir View Post
    You should waste less energy here and use it to create a thread to get that info.
    So who is the Top Faction that dosen’t spend gold?

Banned
    Post Count
    Hello little hammer,

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Aryan Army was a top 500 faction last war ranking around 300 at this stage of the war using gold. This war we are not using any gold and we are in the top 1000 with players sitting this war out and others just part-timing. In fact I'm not into this war either. Went to bed last night early and slept in this morning where usually during wars I stay up all night and day for the first two than back it down some.

Post Count
    Uh, it's a pay to win game. You must be new here...

Or have a terrible grasp on three letter words. Do you complain about people winning more carnival games because you can't afford the dollar to try?
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I believe we hold the record of 261st without using gold last war.

Banned
    Post Count
    there seemed to be lots of support for factions to go gold free, but it must have just been talk, the scores 2/3 of the way through madagascar are 2/3 of what the scores were for columbia at the end.

While there are some factions not spending gold, and some just using gold up but havn't bought any recently, it seems for over 90% of factions is business as usual.

There are also stacks of hackers still, but thats another story.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well, we were going to go non-gold this event, but some of my players didn't get the memo apparently. We've only spent, collectively, about $50, that I know of, & we're hovering around Top 1000.

Post Count

No gold?

I don't think it would matter if factions or individuals spent gold during the wars or not anyways.

I would think that being in the top factions in previous battles, and buying up gold units, or using gold to get stronger units during LTQ's, boxes and bosses events would give a HUGE advantage to those members and factions far above non-gold users at any point in time.

Having a top non-gold list is pretty pointless seeing as once you get those huge advantages from previous wins/events/gold spent on units there is already an imbalance in faction play. And at this stage, how can anyone track that info?

Plus, I have a sneaky feeling the top ranking factions are made up of Gree and/or former Funzio employees trying to lure the rest of us suckers in.

I mean seriously... If I owned Gree and wanted another billion dollars in my pocket, I'd ensure that I had employees with access to unlimited gold resources to make sure everyone else who actually pays for their gameplay will forever be trying to outspend the other factions clambering for those phantom top few spots they will NEVER be able to get.

Wouldn't you? Makes sense to me. Who would waste THAT much money on an intangible thing like this game?

I have purchased a little gold over the past year, but it is an amount I feel is adequate for the entertainment value I place on the game.

I do enjoy playing MW and Kingdom Age, but it isn't worth that much of my hard earned real world money.

I just wish there were separate tiers for the non-gold using factions and the gold wasting factions, because there is some strategy involved, coordinating and communicating and assembling a good faction with other players who take that aspect and the battles a little more seriously than casual.

Perhaps three tiers is the solution. You register your faction as "gold", "gold lite" (with a "total faction" gold spending cap of XX) or "casual/free" and then you are placed and locked into those tiers to sort out who is the best. It would give all 3 levels of players access and enjoyment knowing they can each participate FAIRLY and equally matched and have a genuine chance at some really good top level prizes. And the reward units could all be on par with each tier. The differences being the gold tier gets gold coloured units, the gold lite gets silver coloured, and the casual/free gets normal coloured units.

That way people will know by looking at your units who is in what tier. Perhaps even some kind of icon or emblem on your stats page.

Changing tiers, up or down, will cost ya some gold!

If I ran Gree, I'd ensure that ALL levels of players could enjoy the game instead of the current way it's laid out for the Goldie's to take over everything and take away the enjoyment for everyone else.

Too bad they didn't try a monthly subscription for some bonus units. That could also help bring some incredibly well needed balance to this game.
    Last edited by Weed; 06-09-2013 at 09:52 AM.