Idea for the next Faction vs. Faction Event

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea for the next Faction vs. Faction Event

Consistent Contributor bergmystr's Avatar
    Post Count

Idea for the next Faction vs. Faction Event

I don't know if this has been suggested or not, or what people will think about this idea.. But what the heck I'm going to post it anyway.

What if in order to make the individual faction wars a little more interesting, and one faction beating another actually mean something. The winning faction takes a portion of the losing factions points for that battle? It could be all, half, some portion of the total score difference.

I just think there needs to be something for winning each battle to spice things up.

What do you think?
    Leader of faction D'z Nutz
    Faction Code: 948 710 810 or PM Me
    Ally Code: 175-765-821

Always looking for Active members to join

Health Regen Time -35% (Maxed)
    Infantry Defense +35% (Maxed)
    Ground Defense +35% (Maxed)
    Air Defense +25%
    Building Output +35% (Maxed)
    Guild Member Increase +20
    Building Defense +35% (Maxed, for some reason)
    Sea Defense +15%
    Infantry Attack +20%
    Ground Attack +10%
    Air Attack +15%
    Sea Attack +10%

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think that would open a whole lot of other issues, especially if they haven't fixed the unfair matching problems.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Winning faction gets 100% of their points.
    Losing Faction gets 50% of their points.

Seems more fitting.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Eh...I think a lot of people would leave the game if they spent money on gold and then half of their points were removed just because someone else spent more money than them. Taking away something a player paid for isn't a good business idea for Gree.

It might be interesting to have a separate set of prizes based on win/loss records, though. A prize for being undefeated....for winning 90% of the time....80%, 70%...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DME View Post

Seems more fitting.

Consistent Contributor bergmystr's Avatar
    Post Count
    That's a good point about taking away something someone might have paid for. Didn't think about that.

The idea for a second tier is very interesting based on win percentage
    Leader of faction D'z Nutz
    Faction Code: 948 710 810 or PM Me
    Ally Code: 175-765-821

Always looking for Active members to join

Health Regen Time -35% (Maxed)
    Infantry Defense +35% (Maxed)
    Ground Defense +35% (Maxed)
    Air Defense +25%
    Building Output +35% (Maxed)
    Guild Member Increase +20
    Building Defense +35% (Maxed, for some reason)
    Sea Defense +15%
    Infantry Attack +20%
    Ground Attack +10%
    Air Attack +15%
    Sea Attack +10%

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmystr View Post
    That's a good point about taking away something someone might have paid for. Didn't think about that.
    They already did this...falcon supersonic...
    Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day

Heavy Marine Helicopter
    PM if you are a retired top faction player who just wants to enjoy the game
    **Retired from formerly known as The Buckwheat Connection**

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Maybe make it so if a faction loses a battle then they have to wait a certain amount of time before they can initiate another battle then. That way it doesn't take away something that people may have paid for, but still gives a penalty for losing.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    they could give the winning faction an additional 10% WD points or reset the health to 100% for the winning faction.

Post Count
    I think that you should be given some sort of unit for winning a battle, each battle. Have a % chance for a common/uncommon/rare item on win of a battle. The losing faction doesn't get one. I also think we should have the ability to raid the other factions bases. Each raid could be worth as many points as attacking the wall and command center. Lower the opponents boost and defense buildings to make it easier to win. You would get more into the fight than just your 4 hits wait 50 minutes hit 4 more.
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmystr View Post
    The winning faction takes a portion of the losing factions points for that battle? It could be all, half, some portion of the total score difference.
    Yeah, lets make the game even more unfair than it is now. That'll make people want to play.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm with the getting a unit for winning the fight. Why not? We're getting units for completing missions, 2 units for beating the Boss at level 5 intervals and for opening chests, so why not after winning a fight in the WD event?

I think this would compliment the overall units well and also agree that it could be based on percentages dealing with the win/loss ratios.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The reason there is no prizes for winning a battle is because there are always a couple of players in each faction that racks up huge losses. It's the overall points that matter so these players survive from being booted from the faction. If there are rewards for winning battles, then these weaker players (or players who are point givers), will be booted from factions therefore isolated throngs of players in this game.

This is the reason I do not support prizes for battles won unless this issue can be somehow resolved.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Not that it matters, but this will all but ensure the hastening of lesser factions either imploding or dropping out entirely in regards to participation.

It's already happening now as fewer and fewer factions retain the more hardcore element and players get funneled up, inflating even the bottom tiers, while creating a huge, pronounced drop off. That precipice will only shift faster, but maybe that isn't such a bad thing, as it would put the dying dogs of the factions still floating around, out if their pathetic misery.

Post Count
    I think the idea of winning a prize is valid for a fair fight (ie match factions with similar size and attack/defense stats for a fight of the prize). A prize has more significant impact to weaker factions than stronger ones (eg an indestructible unit with 200a/300d means more to a faction placed in top 4000 vs one that placed in top 50); therefore, it will help to close the gap between weaker factions and stronger factions. Furthermore, it will encourage players in weaker factions to spend more gold to get this prize (players in top factions are mostly gold spenders so if Gree can turn non-gold spenders into one, it has the positive effect of improving the company revenue). My $0.02.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DME View Post

Seems more fitting.
    I like where you are going there but maybe
    losing team gets 100% of their points
    winning team gets 125% of their points so a little boost for the winning team inciting incentive to win unlike the current ones no one cares about winning or losing a war as long as they get what they are aiming for they are happy