Guide to Free Gold

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Free Gold

Post Count

Guide to Free Gold

Guide to Tapjoy Gold
    While not every player chooses to spend money for gold in game, you are able to compete on a small scale with some of the big spenders. Buildings such as the Solar Array and Water Treatment Plant, which cost gold, can be purchased for free players with patience and time. Some units you can purchase are much more expensive, but with proper planning and time, you can afford them, for free.
    While clicking the add funds button on the top left corner of your screen, will bring up a screen where you can purchase gold and cash. On the bottom of the screen click the tap to earn free gold button. This will bring you to a new menu that has tons of options to select for you to earn gold for free. If there is a gold sale currently going on in the game for a special event, the earn free gold button will not be present, it will be a count down timer for when the sale ends. During this time you will not be able to earn free gold through the Modern War add funds screen.
    If there is no sale, then the first choice should be to sign-up for tapjoy to receive one free gold bar. Select it and it will bring you to their website. You now have one free gold bar. Tapjoy will tell you to copy the webpage as an app on your phone homescreen. Do this for a second free gold bar. Once per day, in the Modern War free gold page, you have the option to select "come back to tapjoy", you select it for one free gold bar. You can only do this once a day. As long as you have followed these instructions, you can still get free gold while there is a gold sale going on, it will be through the tapjoy app you have downloaded to your homescreen. To do this, you need to hit the button in the middle on the bottom. It is a square with an arrow coming out of it. It will bring up a menu. Select "add to homescreen". This will save it there and make the webpage saved look like an app.
    When you select the tapjoy icon on your homescreen, you need to choose the Modern War app. Then just as it appears on the Modern War free gold page, a list of offers appears. Between the Modern War page and the Tapjoy page, the offers can be between downloading apps for free to earn free gold, or pay for some other service to get free gold. For the purpose of this guide, we will concentrate on the downloading apps first.
    Apps will have various amounts of gold you can get for free, usually between 1-10. Normally the gold you can receive is either one or two gold bars per downloaded app. What you need to do from here is click an app that says it is free, which will take you to the app store of your device. When the app store loads, choose to download the app. After it has downloaded you need to open it, then close it. You now have the number of gold tapjoy said they would give you. From here, just a tip – create a folder on your device to store all these apps in for a few days, then delete them. Every few days, some of the apps change, and some do not. You will not get more gold for downloading the same app twice. If you leave it on your device, you will not be able to download it twice.
    All the offers for free gold have instructions on what to do to get the free gold. Follow the instructions. For the apps above it was download and open. Some others are reach level ____ to receive gold. While Modern War has tons of down time between events, while stamina and energy are building back up, you can play these other games to get the free gold for Modern War.
    Some of the offers for large amounts of gold, 100+ bars, are more difficult to deal with. Some offers are subscribe to xxxxxxxxxx website to get gold. The stipulation here is you need complete a trial offer with them. The trial offer is free for xxx amount of time. If you choose to go this route, pay close attention to this. When the trial offer ends, they are now charging you for service. While most companies will terminate your service to their subscription, with no charges, for a short period after the trial ended. How you work this is, once the trial ended, the game has noted it, and given you the free gold, then you end the subscription a few minutes after the trial ended. Just so we are clear, there is no timer for you to watch, so set up your own.
    Even though you can save up very slowly for units and buildings, planning to spend the free gold on WD events wouldn’t really get you far. The only option in this case is to save the gold for a long time and have a giant stash of it. It just takes time and patience. Don’t get too disgruntled because getting gold this way takes a long time. Don’t spend your gold at the first chance you can on some random event or crate. Do something worth it such as purchase powerful gold units or buildings. This way you are guaranteed to get something worth the effort.
    Last edited by SGT Rud; 06-14-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: add additional info

Post Count
    If anyone has any additional info, please let me know.
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Post Count
    Spend the gold on a composite facility.
    MODERN WAR and CRIME CITY
    Destroy the world one n00b at a time.

Post Count
    Thx, good to know!
    The game may hurt your relationships. It may hurt your career. It may even bankrupt you. But it will give you entertainment. You may make new friends. And you will get the chance to escape a sometimes boring world to go to one where you always have fun.
    PLAY THEGAME. DO NOT LET IT PLAY YOU.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    SGT Rudd - There is an app to take surveys. If you complete a survey, it will give you $1 towards a $10 iTunes card. Once you get the $10 iTunes card, I think it actually loads on your computer to give you $10 credit in the iTunes Store. One survey I did not only gave me $1 towards my card, since I agreed to test a sunscreen product, that company sent me a $10 bill!! I only had to test a sunscreen for 3 days and close out the survey with my opinion.

I typically try to complete at least one survey a day. Usually after I collect my overnight money, vault it & upgrade the Faction forum. Then I go do at least one survey before I get ready for work & drink my coffee.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice69 View Post
    SGT Rudd - There is an app to take surveys. If you complete a survey, it will give you $1 towards a $10 iTunes card. Once you get the $10 iTunes card, I think it actually loads on your computer to give you $10 credit in the iTunes Store. One survey I did not only gave me $1 towards my card, since I agreed to test a sunscreen product, that company sent me a $10 bill!! I only had to test a sunscreen for 3 days and close out the survey with my opinion.

I typically try to complete at least one survey a day. Usually after I collect my overnight money, vault it & upgrade the Faction forum. Then I go do at least one survey before I get ready for work & drink my coffee.
    What is the name of the app, if you don't mind sharing?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    You can get the 1 tap joy gold twice a day. Early morning and evening.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    With the new MW update, my tapjoy screen has changed... no more 'come back to tapjoy' for 1 gold
    Instead I have a 'register at tapjoy' offer for 5 gold, but when i click it, it will tell me the offer has expired.
    Anyone know how to fix this? Really liked the 2 free gold a day...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    has android gone back to tapjoy? As i thought aarki where still doing droid but they aint no where near as good as tapjoy

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DunkNL View Post
    With the new MW update, my tapjoy screen has changed... no more 'come back to tapjoy' for 1 gold
    Instead I have a 'register at tapjoy' offer for 5 gold, but when i click it, it will tell me the offer has expired.
    Anyone know how to fix this? Really liked the 2 free gold a day...
    Yes, i had the same problem. Go directly to tapjoy's website using your device's browser and reload it from there. It worked for me.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Composite building is must!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What do you mean by copying the webpage as an app? I can't find a tap joy app in the store

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hupernikomen View Post
    Yes, i had the same problem. Go directly to tapjoy's website using your device's browser and reload it from there. It worked for me.
    I can just visit tapjoy.com but in the MW app there still is no 'return to tapjoy' option

Banned
    Post Count
    Android sucks for free gold

On your base raiding your precious buildings
    Post Count

Different for Android Users

Thanks for the great thread!

On Android, the system is similar in that you can't get free gold during the events. It's different in that there's no separate Tapjoy app or anything, and no "come back to Tapjoy" function for a free bar every day.

HOWEVER...we do have on Android the awesome and convenient "video offers" function in the "earn free gold" section within the MW app. Here you can play several of their video offers and get one free bar of gold for each. After you've watched 6 or so of these, it will tell you there are no video offers available. But you can come back later and do the process again.

Similar to iOS, you can also go into the "view offers" section and browse. Each has similar requirements to those outlined by the OP, so I won't go over those. Many of these offers have worked for me, although I did not want to download any apps - I hear they can really gum up your device with unwanted notifications and subscriptions. Instead, I sign up for the clubs, offers, subscriptions that are offered. Some were even useful to me. All can be canceled during the trial period if you don't like them.

In Android, when you click on one of the offers, it will take you to a page where you fill out all of your information. You generally need a credit card, so be careful not to go overboard. You then click "submit" or whatever in there and the app generally thanks you for signing up and brings you to their website. At this point, press the "home" button on your device (not the "back" button). You'll be back at your home screen now, and you can click back on the MW app. Usually your game will be right where you left it, and the gold usually gets immediately added. Sometimes you need to wait a little bit or restart the game. Sometimes you need to check your email to confirm your subscription to whatever you signed up for.

So earning free gold on Android is just as easy as on iOS! Hope this helps!