GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Punish the losers.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey View Post
    Wow...

It's obvious that a lot of you spent way too much time here, since all you care about, is who can be the biggest ****.

With such a bunch of neglected attentionwhores in here, it's no wonder that the admins don't bother to reply most of the time.

But I'm glad I could save your day with this thread.

Bye shi*ty forum.

I love it when people come play crime city, and then whine about getting robbed.

It absolutely makes my day. It's what makes this game worth playing!

Post Count
    Well I'm out of popcorn. G'night, folks!

#smug
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    What happens to the people who lose the rob because of a glitch?

...Should they be punished as well?

I know - getting back on topic, I'm sorry.
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Legen...dary View Post
    They told me it was speed
    combine them both and it sure is FATALITY

and I think this happening to Hey when he posted this!
    Level 200
    114 694 256

Articulate Author Tommy Two Toes's Avatar
    Post Count

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    That'd be where the carrot marks the spot

"The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey View Post
    I made a suggestion to make the game more challenging because:

1: It's annoying with all those messages every day just from one or 2 people failing 25 out of 50 attacks.
    I believe the game condenses similar newsfeed items, e.g. if I 10-0 you, you only get one message saying "You were attacked by BigMoney." Similarly if someone fails 20 robs in a row before punching a successful one through, you'd get one red notification and one green notification. I'm not sure if there is a limit on the number of feeds in a row you can get from one person but the most I've seen is 5 items of green/red/green/red/green.

More on topic, the only reason numerous failed attacks/robs from players a fraction of my strength bothers me is that they are almost guaranteed to be pushing someone more important (time traveler, super high IPH, etc) further down my newsfeed.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    You're an idiot. The money is added to your account as soon as you win the rob. Whether you pick up the little picture of money on the ground or not is irrelevant. Now please stop talking.
    On Android the money is collect when you leave the hood, when you shake the phone (and then all respect cash and loot are picked up off the ground) or when you click the money on the ground.

So the gentleman may or may not be an idiot, but in this case he is correct.

Post Count
    OK then, I'll give him that.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Lurker
    Post Count

What's a troll?

Please? I don't understand?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    "Dippy" enough said!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor D View Post
    On Android the money is collect when you leave the hood, when you shake the phone (and then all respect cash and loot are picked up off the ground) or when you click the money on the ground.

So the gentleman may or may not be an idiot, but in this case he is correct.
    I have Android. How do you know the money isn't being silently deducted when you're depositing money into the bank? When you do the phone shake thing and it double-counts, it will fix the double count when you reconnect to the server (e.g. by depositing in the bank). It's been a long time since I've lost money from an attack (let alone an attack done while I was in the middle of robbing a hood), so I haven't been able to test this myself one way or another. But I used to think that I couldn't lose robbery money from an attack so long as I didn't pick it up yet, but I did notice one time a smaller amount being deposited into the bank (I don't keep a rigorous tally, but it was probably something like I had 23.3mil in the bank and 800k on hand yet a deposit resulted in a final total of less than $24mil, etc) while a newsfeed icon popped up to tell me I had been robbed a minute or so ago. This could have been due to the game overcounting my money from the rob and fixing it when I tried to deposit it, but I haven't been able to test the theory in a long time (which to do so rigorously would involve checking the rob result to have a running total of the money on the ground while I was being attacked).

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    I believe the game condenses similar newsfeed items, e.g. if I 10-0 you, you only get one message saying "You were attacked by BigMoney." Similarly if someone fails 20 robs in a row before punching a successful one through, you'd get one red notification and one green notification. I'm not sure if there is a limit on the number of feeds in a row you can get from one person but the most I've seen is 5 items of green/red/green/red/green.

More on topic, the only reason numerous failed attacks/robs from players a fraction of my strength bothers me is that they are almost guaranteed to be pushing someone more important (time traveler, super high IPH, etc) further down my newsfeed.
    Just as an update to this, someone with a significantly weaker attack than my defense (but within the ~25k striking range) just spent their entire stamina taking $180k cash off me from my no-banking. It takes up 6 items on my newsfeed-- green/red ($120k)/green/red ($30k)/green/red ($30k). It is highly unlikely that this person successfully landed 4 attacks in a row for $120k based on the difference between their attack and my defense, so I'm fairly convinced that there is some condensing going on (especially considering the more recent items are only for $30k).

This was followed by a post on my wall, to take up a grand total of 7 spots on my newsfeed (which could thus go up to 9). I find this takeover of my newsfeed infinitely more irritating than the fact that some idiot spent their entire stamina trying to take a piddling amount from me. I wish red/greens from the same person took up no more than 2 spots on the newsfeed total. Same thing with multiple posts on a wall.

Post Count
    i dont see why everyone is so hostile to the OP. insecure? he simply doesnt think its right that people with WAAAAAY crappier stats can get successful robberies on him. its just logical. the counter arguments win but nothing wrong with the OP's line of thinking.

of course the condescending elitest d-bag would have a pony for an avatar.
    Last edited by matter0ni; 06-07-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by matter0ni View Post
    i dont see why everyone is so hostile to the OP. insecure? he simply doesnt think its right that people with WAAAAAY crappier stats can get successful robberies on him. its just logical. the counter arguments win but nothing wrong with the OP's line of thinking.

of course the condescending elitest d-bag would have a pony for an avatar.
    Still mad at Bostick.