Page 5 of 24 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    I think it's coming together now, thanks for the help guys! One more question about the spreadsheet, I see some + versions of uncraftable armor. How does that work, just luck of the draw from dark prince's chest or something?

Quote Originally Posted by theeggman85 View Post
    I think it's coming together now, thanks for the help guys! One more question about the spreadsheet, I see some + versions of uncraftable armor. How does that work, just luck of the draw from dark prince's chest or something?
    yes, dpc only.
    Android~~Level 87+~~Several Legendarys maxed(Aegis, Combustion, Clayplate and more).
    Send me a pm with your code if you want/need help.

I've got a few more questions along these lines, since I'm actually in the same place as these two guys at lvl 62ish(How convenient!)

• First of all, are the higher rarity armors always going to be better than the ones of the same elements but lower rarity? For example, I had LF armor and found the dark prince's which was way better. For each level of the dark prince's armor, is an LF+ armor at that level always strictly better? I'm a little confused on whether or not to give up my + versions of lower rarity to go with these more rare sets.
    • By the logic above, the best sets in the game are then from the Epic Bosses?
    • I'm a little confused about what you said in your last post with getting resources for the Epic armor sets. To craft the + version you need to get the normal version to level 35 or something right? So are you saying you wish you had used your money to build training fields first as an investment in the future? I just built my first epic armor set and I'm unsure where to go from here, I know eventually you have to level it up, but it sounded like from what you said you regretted actually building the non-plus version.
    • Along those same lines, once you get an epic armor and level it past your old armor of those elements, it will be strictly better and you should always use that epic armor, is that right? So get rid of the old 1-3 star armor? That ties in with my first question I guess.

Thanks for the help!
    So are you saying you wish you had used your money to build training fields first as an investment in the future?
    Yes.

My first Epic Boss armor was Tortoiseshell Aegis. Once I got it to level 35 I opened up the ability to craft a decent set, but didn't have the materials (and didn't want to pay a ton of gems to get them). Tortoiseshell has the same elements as Crius. In my innocence I thought therefore I should continue to level the Tortoiseshell instead of Crius+.

Crius+ at level 50 has the stats 696/794. Tortoiseshell regular at level 44 (which is as far as I got it) has the stats 508/793. Almost identical defence, much weaker attack.

It costs 1540 enhancement points to get the Crius+ to level 50, and 291 to get the original Crius to level 15 to open up the + version. Total 1631.

It cost 2395 enhancement points to get the Tortoiseshell Aegis to level 44. So I used a ton more materials to have a weaker set of armor. I could have gone on developing the Tortoiseshell to level 70, using a ton more materials, and eventually it would have been better than the Crius+.

Against the recent Epic Dragon Boreas the best elements to use were Earth/Air - Crius+ and Tortoiseshell Aegis. Ho hum, I hadn't levelled a Crius+ past about 30 because I had been intent on levelling the Tortoiseshell. I rapidly pushed my Crius+ to level 50, and even started a second set so I could field 3 knights in the best armor.

I managed to beat Boreas to level 43, mainly thanks to powerful friends. If I'd had 3 sets of Crius+ it would have been much easier, and cheaper to level 3 sets to 50 than one set of Tortoiseshell to 70.

Along those same lines, once you get an epic armor and level it past your old armor of those elements, it will be strictly better and you should always use that epic armor, is that right?
    It'll be the armour yor main knight wears for Epic Bosses of the right elements, and possibly in the Arena.

So get rid of the old 1-3 star armor? That ties in with my first question I guess.
    Yes, as long as you don't need it any more.

There are ten element combinations (not counting single element armors). You have three knights to equip. Ideally you'll have 3 sets of each element combination in your arsenal, all maxed out and ready for any Epic Boss that comes along. As you gain better armors by beating the Epic Boss, you replace your weaker armors with the new ones.
    Last edited by Musketeer; 07-22-2013 at 09:27 PM.

hey musket, there are no holes left in your arsenal if you only have the five elements-touching armours. Develop those first, before you get any elements-separate ones. five legendary's are cheaper than 10

(spirit/fire is equivalent to earth/fire when vs air/psychic in my books, for example)
    Android player

Quote Originally Posted by overcire View Post
    hey musket, there are no holes left in your arsenal if you only have the five elements-touching armours. Develop those first, before you get any elements-separate ones. five legendary's are cheaper than 10

(spirit/fire is equivalent to earth/fire when vs air/psychic in my books, for example)
    I know. Can't always get the bosses though. Touching elements are more vulnerable in the Arena.

Thanks again for the help guys, I'm now confused about what direction I should take. I have three armors that are 2-3 stars, and off the assumption that they were better i ditched the 1-star counterparts in favor of these. They are now at level 15-23, at varying places in that range. One of them (dark princes) replaced one of the big 4.

Should I scrap my progress on all of these armors to go back to the 1-stars, since they are cheaper to upgrade? Or should I just keep going with these armors? Or maybe just scrap dark prince's (right now at lvl 23) to go back to LF and make sure my big 4 are at level 50, and then keep the other two 2-3 star armors?

Also on that armor spreadsheet, the upgrade points needed for each level up are not listed. Are those all the same at each tier of rarity, so for example, all 2-star armors have the same points needed to get from lvl 25 to 26?
    Last edited by theeggman85; 07-23-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks again for the help guys, I'm now confused about what direction I should take. I have three armors that are 2-3 stars, and off the assumption that they were better i ditched the 1-star counterparts in favor of these. They are now at level 15-23, at varying places in that range. One of them (dark princes) replaced one of the big 4.

Should I scrap my progress on all of these armors to go back to the 1-stars, since they are cheaper to upgrade? Or should I just keep going with these armors? Or maybe just scrap dark prince's (right now at lvl 23) to go back to LF and make sure my big 4 are at level 50, and then keep the other two 2-3 star armors?

Also on that armor spreadsheet, the upgrade points needed for each level up are not listed. Are those all the same at each tier of rarity, so for example, all 2-star armors have the same points needed to get from lvl 25 to 26?
    Two star armors are, unless you have a + version, not worth developing. Go back to the Big Four, they are better.

Dark Prince's is fine, if you raise it to lvl35 to open up the +version, then gather the materials to build the +version. The way the Dark Prince drops crappy feathers instead of evil jewels, that's a task-and-a-half of full cream milk.

Getting yourself one or two sets of the Big Four is going to be a lot cheaper and easier than trying to level any armor to 70.

There's a reason people keep recommending getting the Big Four, so do it.

The only 2 Star Armors that are better than the Big 4 and are worth keeping and leveling up are Stormrage+, Flowstone+ and Riverstone+, the rest are worse than the Big Four regardless of they're + or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    Dark Prince's is fine, if you raise it to lvl35 to open up the +version
    raise it to lvl20

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

I'm your source of self-destruction
    Leading on your death's construction
    Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

Friend add code : XBB-ZYN-FMC
    LINE id : darthcow

"You're GREEtarded"
    "There is no cure for Stupidity"
    "Bad luck? Sucks to be you"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

So does that mean I should level an LF+ anyway, but keep the dark prince around for later?

What about my other 2-3 star armors (Armor of the Infernal Lord and Brawler's Armor) - leave them around for later too or scrap?

surely u don't want your minions to run around naked?

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

"You're GREEtarded"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

the big four and bigger four will cover your needs for a long time at an economical price

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

"You're GREEtarded"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

Oh man a new thing. What are the bigger four?

Armor of the Infernal Lord, Dark Prince's Armor, Rocfeather Robes and Swamp Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by theeggman85
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO_07 View Post
    Armor of the Infernal Lord, Dark Prince's Armor, Rocfeather Robes and Swamp Shaman.
    Although, if you have opened DPC's and got the Sky Guardian+, or you make it to level 45 on the current boss Notus, both of these Spirit/Air armors are much better than Rocfeather+.