Page 12 of 24 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    You keep shifting your ground. Initially you were talking about battling minions and bosses in the map stages, are you now talking about PvP in the Arena?

In what situation is Notus doing better than Infernal Lord+ for you? Please be specific. Was it vs Epic Boss, in the Arena, or the Map stages. What opponents are you fighting? Have you accounted for their different elements?

Nobody has said that one armor brings good luck and another brings bad, you are just introducing nonsense into the discussion to confuse the issue.

Four stars is not always better than three stars, it's attack, defence and the elements that matter. Higher defence is better than lower defence, but higher attack is better than worse attack, so it's a trade off. To get high attack & defence you have to develop better armors - specifically beat the Epic Bosses at levl 43, and craft the + version of their armor, then level it to maximum.
    I am not shifting.
    I said from the beginning that we can find the formula of attack and defense, that I think is relevant.
    It could be relevant in every scenario.
    In case of PVP, since you can know the statistics of the opponent (at least in IOS) it's quick, with minions can be done with a following mapping, I think that could be helpful at least as knowing how many points you need to get an armor upgraded step by step or the building quest tree. So I was talking in my example about the PVP (with wich I can see the statistics of the opponent, and apparently you cannot in Android).

The example of bad and good luck is to explain that things are not that plain as you say but there are rules we don't know.
    I don't compare higher attack with lower attack. I am not that stupid.

I just said that to me one armor that gives you 1000 in attack and 1200 in defense seems to be more effective of one that gives you 1200 in attack and 1000 in defense.
    This is what I saw and I am trying to understand if I am right or wrong.
    The example of the infernal+ (that is balanced in attack and defense) compared to one armor that is tilting toward defense means something just like that.
    Strangely enough I got a row of 16 win in the tournament after swapping to the Notus, while with the infernal+ I lost almost all fights with similar enemies.
    Just changing the first knight and keeping the other 2 the same as before.
    Maybe is just a coincidence but why not investigate?
    I hope that you get the point now.

Someone wrote that this is kept quite to give an edge, and I can understand if this is the reason.
    But don't say to me that is not important.
    Last edited by XBDMRRFPN; 07-30-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloStar View Post
    I wonder what his ingame code is.
    I hope you are not talking about me...
    not because I would be offended, but rather that I would suggest you a medical visit if you cannot read my nickname (that is the code in the game for IOS).
    If you were talking about someone else ignore this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    some people like to know how to walk before ever doing it

most would argue it's just easier to keep walking now that we know how to walk.

if this guy wants to somehow learn to walk better because he understands walking, well then... who are we to get in his way? In the meantime, watch this, I'm gonna walk out of this thread and get something important done
    some people have nothing to say but they are really keen in saying it...

I am putting a question, that you could find interesting or not.
    In case you don't you can ignore the topic.
    The question is simple:
    "hot it works the formula attack vs defense in the fights?"

I think that is not irrelevant and someone said that someone knows and wants to keep it secret to get an edge.
    I got the point but your reaction was rude and inappropriate.

well I don't think that's fair, he's been posting since July, we have a lot to learn from him
    clap clap clap

great demonstration of intelligence...
    someone that posts from less time has to be wrong anyway... isn't it?

congratulations, how old are you? 13 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by KayOrzz View Post
    rofl i don't think he even knows how to crawl, much less walk
    you don't know me so don't make it personal.

There is here people that is very rude, I guess very young kids
    I hope for you that you are young.
    Last edited by XBDMRRFPN; 07-30-2013 at 03:34 PM.

I think someone should stop this flame...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakino View Post
    I think someone should stop this flame...
    I asked a simple question and I got insulted by three guys trying to bully me because I am new...

KayOrzz
    Roark
    and Solostar
    Last edited by XBDMRRFPN; 07-30-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XBDMRRFPN View Post
    I asked a simple question and I got insulted by three guys trying to bully me because I am new...

KayOrzz
    Roark
    and Solostar
    The thing is that a minion damage formula isn't going to be very helpful since you really only need common sense as a little strategy to go through most adventure stages.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

congratulations, how old are you? 13 years old?
    I hope on everything sacred that you really said this for real, you must be so angry lol

"what are you 12?" is the classic internet line, and that pretty much just happened

Quote Originally Posted by deathexe View Post
    The thing is that a minion damage formula isn't going to be very helpful since you really only need common sense as a little strategy to go through most adventure stages.
    this thing about minions seems to be what everybody answered is focused in.
    The minions stuff is a plus.
    What really matters is the damage formula.

I make an example (don't keep the numbers as exact because it's just an example):

Boss Lev 15 Att= 893 Def=425

My team:

1 Att=603 Def=516 damage done every hit 184 damage received 376
    2 Att=593 Def=633 damage done every hit 184 (the same so the 10 points of difference didn't matter at all) received 150

what I want to do is to understand how those number gets out.

It's not that absurd to try to understand how it comes out with 376 instead of 150
    Clearly is not just the 50% malus or whatever
    Clearly is not a simple math like 893-516 and so on, there must be a different rule

It's not easy to understand how to get the basic outcome on the top of which calculate the +50% of special attack and so on

And is not to forecast anything but mainly to understand the rule...
    Last edited by XBDMRRFPN; 07-30-2013 at 04:00 PM.

I hope on everything sacred that you really said this for real, you must be so angry lol

"what are you 12?" is the classic internet line, and that pretty much just happened
    grow up.
    I cannot be angry for what a kid wrote on a forum, but surely it's funny to reply.
    And now if you are not interested in the topic go somewhere else. Thank you.

this thing about minions seems to be what everybody answered is focused in.
    The minions stuff is a plus.
    What really matters is the damage formula.

I make an example:

Boss Lev 15 Att= 893 Def=425

My team:

1 Att=603 Def=516 damage done every hit 184 damage received 376
    2 Att=593 Def=633 damage done every hit 184 (the same so the 10 points of difference didn't matter at all) received 150

what I want to do is to understand how those number gets out.

It's not that absurd to try to understand how it comes out with 376 instead of 150
    Clearly is not just the 50% malus or whatever
    Clearly is not a simple math like 893-516 and so on, there must be a different rule

It's not easy to understand how to get the basic outcome on the top of which calculate the +50% of special attack and so on

And is not to forecast anything but mainly to understand the rule...
    All you have to do is take into account elemental advantages and disadvantages. There's also an epic boss damage formula in a thread somewhere.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

Quote Originally Posted by deathexe View Post
    All you have to do is take into account elemental advantages and disadvantages. There's also an epic boss damage formula in a thread somewhere.
    I guess that the damage formula is the same for every fight, but I could be wrong.
    Elemental do not tell us what is the basis on which we calculate the outcome.
    We know that is 50% more for instance, but 50% more of what?
    Of 100? Of 200? What is the basic hit considering the attacks and defenses?
    I searched for this in the thread suggested by Marco_ but I couldn't find what I was looking for...
    surely there must be a way to get what is the damage you can do and what the boss can do to you.
    Of course a "?" from one side or another could change the battle (and this happens both sides)
    but more or less we should be able to get the way those numbers come out

I mean, there are a lot of tables about everything, why not this one?

I just said that to me one armor that gives you 1000 in attack and 1200 in defense seems to be more effective of one that gives you 1200 in attack and 1000 in defense.
    This is what I saw and I am trying to understand if I am right or wrong.
    The example of the infernal+ (that is balanced in attack and defense) compared to one armor that is tilting toward defense means something just like that.
    Strangely enough I got a row of 16 win in the tournament after swapping to the Notus, while with the infernal+ I lost almost all fights with similar enemies.
    Just changing the first knight and keeping the other 2 the same as before.
    Maybe is just a coincidence but why not investigate?
    I hope that you get the point now.

Someone wrote that this is kept quite to give an edge, and I can understand if this is the reason.
    But don't say to me that is not important.

OK, the 100/1200 vs. 1200/1000. There could be instances where one works better than the other.

Here's how I try to plan my generic Arena rotation:

First up, someone with high defence armor, so he absorbs an extra hit if possible. First knight up almost never gets in a special attack, unless you're going to beat all the opponents easily anyway, and often misses and gets killed without getting in a single blow. So here, your 100 ATT/ 1200 Def is a good choice.

Second up, your main knight. The main thing for his armor is to use elements which complement the first choice, e.g. if your first Knight is in Notus (wind/spirit), you second knight might be in Spirit/Water or Spirit/Fire. You're hoping to beat the guy that beat your first knight, get a special attack in, and start damage on their third knight. If your second knight gets first blow on their third knight, you'll usually win.

Third up, elements to complement the second knight. For this knight a high attack may be better, as you're hoping to get in first blow, maybe face one hit, and then get the killing blow.

So I can see two ways Notus first might help you, first the higher defence as you say helps, and second, if nothing else changed, maybe the element rotation just works better.

Rotation works nicely, but if you check what their main knight is in, putting your main knight in something that beats him element-wise is usually the best strategy, regardless of att/def balance.

I think you have some good ideas, but you've not been explainign yourself clearly, and now you've offended people (and they've offended you). Let's try to keep it light and help each other. Anyone posting on this Forum is already showing greater interest in the game than the thousands who don't, and is already a winner in that respect. Knowledge is Power.

I searched for this in the thread suggested by Marco_ but I couldn't find what I was looking for...
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ic-Boss-damage!

And then PLEASE move this topic out of "FAQ Breakdown - Frequently Asked Questions by the beginners", since it's neither a FAQ nor for beginners.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration