Page 11 of 24 First ... 91011121321 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    Nah, I'd more liken what you want to do as trying to figure out what kind of plastic the Risk play pieces are made of... :P
    We've already got epic boss damage formulas which are nice for the geeks and uninteresting for 99% of the player base.
    You want to reverse-engineer damage formulas for way less relevant monsters, also with zero guarantee that Gree doesn't tweak/change the values at some point in time. That's just a lot of investment for near zero use.
    so why when I use the infernal+ with better numbers of the non+ notus, instead of the notus I lose all battle and I win while I use the notus with much worse combined numbers?
    Bad luck?
    Notus has the spirit so is since almost everybody uses fire it should be worse

I have to guess from what you said that the Infernal+ at 34 level brings bad luck while the 19th level non + Notus brings good luck?

is that what are you saying?

What about the fact of having 4 stars and better basic defense helps?
    Do you think that is really that useless to investigate?

No maybe it was just a coincidence no?

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    Our point is we DO know how the fight is calculated. Earth beats Air, Air Beats Water etc. Beats = 50% extra damage. It's very simple.

Say you are running Skeletons [sic] Tomb Valor Stage. The monsters will be water and earth, so you can choose a Spirit armor with safety. If you choose wind to beat water you'll take 50% extra damage from the Earth monsters, so it's usually a good idea not to. Spirit/Earth would be a safe combo armor. Once you're powerful enough you can choose Water/Earth armor for zero extra damage, because you'll be killing in one blow anyway and only taking 1 damage from each minion.

Also, please tell me you have looked at BethMo's thread about beating the epic bosses, which I already told you about. The formulas you need are already there if you really want to calculate att/def for every minion in every stage (btw, they're not always the same lineup, so you'll need to run through every one several times). You can even estimate their hit points with enough runs through if you really want to.

Just one run through any stage anywhere in your best armor will show you if you can beat it without friends. If you didn't, bring a friend along the next time.

Yes, I CAN forecast better than you, because I've already beaten all the stages in the map. If you can't figure out what your best armor is yet, read some more threads on the Forum.
    maybe you did in more time than I did and you play like it like a "hit everything moves game" without making any question or going deeper just spending time and money...
    maybe...

Nah, I'd more liken what you want to do as trying to figure out what kind of plastic the Risk play pieces are made of... :P
    We've already got epic boss damage formulas which are nice for the geeks and uninteresting for 99% of the player base.
    You want to reverse-engineer damage formulas for way less relevant monsters, also with zero guarantee that Gree doesn't tweak/change the values at some point in time. That's just a lot of investment for near zero use.
    I will check that thread for sure.
    But you didn't get my point, I don't care about less relevant monsters, I want the formula of attack vs defense.

What's the point? You don't know the attack/defense/level of monsters unless you get the data from files or the attack/defense of players' armors unless you know its level. You can 'estimate', but you're already estimating when you fight the person by looking at element vs element and type of armor. For PvE purposes, you don't know the orders of monsters they will put out, nor do you know when they will crit.

People understand what you're saying. We're not all mindless gamers who started playing game on mobile.
    Last edited by SoloStar; 07-30-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XBDMRRFPN View Post
    I will check that thread for sure.
    But you didn't get my point, I don't care about less relevant monsters, I want the formula of attack vs defense.
    Why did you mention "minions" then?
    - get a whole bunch of level 100+ people on your friend list, so you have fixed values for inate health and attack/defense (see Stats by Level tab of the spreadsheet)
    - start friend battling using various armors
    edit: assuming maxed out armors on your friends, otherwise that throws things off again...
    But I guess it's just the same formulas as for the epic boss, since health is health, attack is attack and defense is defense...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Why did you mention "minions" then?
    - get a whole bunch of level 100+ people on your friend list, so you have fixed values for inate health and attack/defense (see Stats by Level tab of the spreadsheet)
    - start friend battling using various armors
    edit: assuming maxed out armors on your friends, otherwise that throws things off again...
    But I guess it's just the same formulas as for the epic boss, since health is health, attack is attack and defense is defense...
    maybe you didn't notice but you can see the stats of the main character you fight in the arena and in friends battle.

This is the point.

Finding the formula will clarify what is the best armor

I am thinking that armor with better defense (with the same combined att+def value) are better than the one that are good in attack

I cannot proof it unless I find the formula of attack vs defense

PS minions was an example. It will be helpful also with them and it would clarify how to approach them in my opinion, for the newcomers.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloStar View Post
    What's the point? You don't know the attack/defense/level of monsters unless you get the data from files or the attack/defense of players' armors unless you know its level. You can 'estimate', but you're already estimating when you fight the person by looking at element vs element and type of armor. For PvE purposes, you don't know the orders of monsters they will put out, nor do you know when they will crit.

People understand what you're saying. We're not all mindless gamers who started playing game on mobile.
    What if in case the formula gives an edge to who has a better defense?
    As a generic role, like the rolling dices of Risk!
    This is the point
    in my experience the armors with high defense (like 1800 or more) are so much more effective than the others that have a strong attack even when the combined numbers are the same or even in favor of the attacker

I believe that finding the rationale beyond it can potentially change the way we pick armors in battle

maybe or maybe not

worth to investigate anyway
    Last edited by XBDMRRFPN; 07-30-2013 at 12:30 PM.

some of these details are known but not released to the general public in order to maintain an edge. the fundamentals are there but any details you just gotta figure them out.

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

I'm your source of self-destruction
    Leading on your death's construction
    Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

Friend add code : XBB-ZYN-FMC
    LINE id : darthcow

"You're GREEtarded"
    "There is no cure for Stupidity"
    "Bad luck? Sucks to be you"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

some people like to know how to walk before ever doing it

most would argue it's just easier to keep walking now that we know how to walk.

if this guy wants to somehow learn to walk better because he understands walking, well then... who are we to get in his way? In the meantime, watch this, I'm gonna walk out of this thread and get something important done

so why when I use the infernal+ with better numbers of the non+ notus, instead of the notus I lose all battle and I win while I use the notus with much worse combined numbers?
    Bad luck?
    Notus has the spirit so is since almost everybody uses fire it should be worse

I have to guess from what you said that the Infernal+ at 34 level brings bad luck while the 19th level non + Notus brings good luck?

is that what are you saying?

What about the fact of having 4 stars and better basic defense helps?
    Do you think that is really that useless to investigate?

No maybe it was just a coincidence no?
    You keep shifting your ground. Initially you were talking about battling minions and bosses in the map stages, are you now talking about PvP in the Arena?

In what situation is Notus doing better than Infernal Lord+ for you? Please be specific. Was it vs Epic Boss, in the Arena, or the Map stages. What opponents are you fighting? Have you accounted for their different elements?

Nobody has said that one armor brings good luck and another brings bad, you are just introducing nonsense into the discussion to confuse the issue.

Four stars is not always better than three stars, it's attack, defence and the elements that matter. Higher defence is better than lower defence, but higher attack is better than worse attack, so it's a trade off. To get high attack & defence you have to develop better armors - specifically beat the Epic Bosses at levl 43, and craft the + version of their armor, then level it to maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    some people like to know how to walk before ever doing it

most would argue it's just easier to keep walking now that we know how to walk.

if this guy wants to somehow learn to walk better because he understands walking, well then... who are we to get in his way? In the meantime, watch this, I'm gonna walk out of this thread and get something important done
    rofl i don't think he even knows how to crawl, much less walk

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

I'm your source of self-destruction
    Leading on your death's construction
    Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

Friend add code : XBB-ZYN-FMC
    LINE id : darthcow

"You're GREEtarded"
    "There is no cure for Stupidity"
    "Bad luck? Sucks to be you"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

well I don't think that's fair, he's been posting since July, we have a lot to learn from him

I wonder what his ingame code is.

maybe you didn't notice but you can see the stats of the main character you fight in the arena and in friends battle.
    Nope. Only a green health bar that's equally long for everyone and the numbers how hard you hit there, at least on Android.
    Though from the combination of "hire friend" and the knight leveling sheet you should then be able to work out how far friends leveled their armor and how much is their inate stats.
    Still all less important than things like timing your special attacks right: this epic boss level 35 run 1 I awfully timed my special attacks, resulting in the fact that my double strength, single weakness friend didn't get to do a special attack at all. Elements, special attacks: both more important than the balance between attack and defense.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Nope. Only a green health bar that's equally long for everyone and the numbers how hard you hit there, at least on Android.
    Though from the combination of "hire friend" and the knight leveling sheet you should then be able to work out how far friends leveled their armor and how much is their inate stats.
    Still all less important than things like timing your special attacks right: this epic boss level 35 run 1 I awfully timed my special attacks, resulting in the fact that my double strength, single weakness friend didn't get to do a special attack at all. Elements, special attacks: both more important than the balance between attack and defense.
    In IOS you can see the numbers of defense and attack