What's the Point?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the Point?

Lightbulb What's the Point?

To everyone I ask:
    Why do we place so much emphasis in WD Events? Why do we spend more gold on WD events than all other events combined? Why do we care so much about FICTIONS?

Give me reasons and I will counter with my argument. All are free to respond; please let's keep this constructive and for goodness' sake, no trolling.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Because no other event places factions in rank like the WD event does. In other words, who really is the best? We all know PUN spends thousands of dollars to be #1 and Ferr's Emperors do their best to beat them, but always wind up #2, so that leaves us all to wonder how we match up against everyone else?

It's also the only time when we, as a faction, really get together as a team and work together as a team. You can't do PvPs or LTQs as a team, but you can in a WD event.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I prefer non fiction myself but I don't spend more in WD then I do in all other WD's combined.... well maybe this time since I didn't spend any gold on the POS LTQ. I spend what is need to help my faction hit its goal.

Post Count

Good friends

Hey fellow banned member. We took WDP events super serious. The thought process started changing around the time of Ireland and China when we saw the amount of money spent go up to maintain our top 100 status. Columbia's craptacular bonuses made it easy for us to decide to keep our wallets in check. Then, the events of last week made the decision easy: play gold free. What are we left with? Teamwork, attendance, dedication, sacrifice, etc. Personally, I think it is making it fun again for me and less of a job. There is a core group of us that have been together since before Brazil. Talk with them everyday. That is why I continue. Not for avatars. Not for rewards. Not for bonuses. Not for IPH. Definitely not for gold. For them. I know nothing is definite, but that's how I'm living it now.

PS. That being said,I still expect the game makers to come through with their bonuses, rewards, police for hackers, communicate, etc. This has definitely gone downhill. Still left with teammates as the reason to stick with it.

I'm gonna copy you now. This is is Bigus and I approve this message.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

"There is a core group of us that have been together since before Brazil. Talk with them everyday. That is why I continue. Not for avatars. Not for rewards. Not for bonuses. Not for IPH. Definitely not for gold. For them. I know nothing is definite, but that's how I'm living it now"

Post Count
    Stat inflation.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    You remember when you joined your fiction right? Money comes and goes, but friends last forever.. You heard this right? Well you never know what opportunities knock at the door.. We can only speculate what part of our self conscious enters through that door. probably day dreaming and not paying attention to the car getting repoed.. But like I said money is money, and just takes time to accumulate more if one is willing. Maybe you meet a heart doctor, that will save you from a recent heart attack? Never know what lies in the folds of society. Or what lies we know to be true but ignore for our own selfish reasons.. What ever your intentions are, are yours and yours alone.

Lurker
    Post Count

Why is there a scoreboard?

Quote Originally Posted by StoryTimeSteve View Post
    To everyone I ask:
    Why do we place so much emphasis in WD Events? Why do we spend more gold on WD events than all other events combined?
    Why is there a scoreboard at Yankee Stadium?

Banned
    PREVIOUSLY BANNED SO BE CAREFUL OF THIS ONE, SHE MUST BE DANGEROUS
    Post Count

Try taking back control

It was fun. Now it's a chore.

I now restrict it two once every second war. (roughly once a month like we have all asked for).

The only difference for me is that I have now taken control of the war schedule and that is very liberating. Try it.

Post Count
    "Because no other event places factions in rank like the WD event does. In other words, who really is the best?"

Ok....I'm not in a good mood so take this with a grain of salt.....what a ******* silly thing to say. The upper level factions do not determine "who is the best", they only determine who is willing to spend MORE MONEY!

There are more legitimate matching of wits occurring at the Top 250 levels and below than in all the the levels above them. These factions do not BUY success, they earn it!

You want proof....lets see the Top 100 spend only....lets say $10.00 per person the entire three day event and see where they end-up.

I'm thinking that will never happen though.....can't give up that prestigious position they've spent...errr...worked so hard for.

Ok...I feel better now...lol.
    MW: 723 733 538 / 766 013 376 / 837 581 025
    MW: Faction 48th TFW 326 189 720[/SIZE][/FONT

Maxed bonuses: Output, building defense, health regen, all defense, Infantry, Ground Attack, Air Attack and Sea Attack.

Try Empires and Allies...you actually get to control attacks and need to use strategy!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer59 View Post
    "Because no other event places factions in rank like the WD event does. In other words, who really is the best?"

Ok....I'm not in a good mood so take this with a grain of salt.....what a ******* silly thing to say. The upper level factions do not determine "who is the best", they only determine who is willing to spend MORE MONEY!

There are more legitimate matching of wits occurring at the Top 250 levels and below than in all the the levels above them. These factions do not BUY success, they earn it!

You want proof....lets see the Top 100 spend only....lets say $10.00 per person the entire three day event and see where they end-up.

I'm thinking that will never happen though.....can't give up that prestigious position they've spent...errr...worked so hard for.

Ok...I feel better now...lol.
    Really? this is a strategy game now? making the same names, same alliance # or different, sending scouts, low players hitting the wall. This is a battle of wits? only if you bring something new to the table. same names worked great for a wd or 2, same alliance numbers, same. It is recycled tactics at best.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by quagmir View Post
    Really? this is a strategy game now? making the same names, same alliance # or different, sending scouts, low players hitting the wall. This is a battle of wits? only if you bring something new to the table. same names worked great for a wd or 2, same alliance numbers, same. It is recycled tactics at best.
    its called following a winning formula, or the other winning formula is join pun

My ally codes-341780448 *Modern War*

Started game during Greenland campaign

lv132 atk 16'513'225 def 27'191'202

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosButter View Post
    Haha - we had a guy who was nothing before all the WD events - now he has all the top bonus's, and either hacked or bought (yeah, right) his way to the top, and left. Good Riddance, Hackass.
    7 posts and you have managed to call all of one faction hackers cause they spend money and now another person. It really isn't hard to buy 2 unit LE's and gain a lot of stats.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Its up to everyone to decide if they choose to spend. It was very clever of Gree to set up fractions as there is no doubt strong online friendships are pushing up spending. As for me I woke up two battles ago and worked out this game has nothing to do with strategy or skill. Its purely about who has the most money to burn (Unless you're one of the growing army of hackers now infesting the system and undermining confidence). I made my decision and wont spend another dime. In the end grown people are spending a fortune on a bunch of pictures with numbers!! Madness!!!.

The game is additive and it took me a while to realise what an idiot I had been. Nothing personal against anyone else its a personal choice but I for one am glad to be free of it.

Post Count

Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by quagmir View Post
    Totally agree with you....it is more a game of planning and participation. The teams that are organized (tactics and strategy fall into this category) and committed will do well. While the strategy part is limited, it is still there. But that STILL doesn't change the fact that the top teams, while I believe are organized and very committed, simply buy their way to the top. I do not have an issue with that at all. I DO HAVE an issue with someone calling them the "best" for just spending more money than anyone else.
    MW: 723 733 538 / 766 013 376 / 837 581 025
    MW: Faction 48th TFW 326 189 720[/SIZE][/FONT

Maxed bonuses: Output, building defense, health regen, all defense, Infantry, Ground Attack, Air Attack and Sea Attack.

Try Empires and Allies...you actually get to control attacks and need to use strategy!