Modern War Community Compromised

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern War Community Compromised

Consistent Contributor CRAWFORD's Avatar
    Post Count

Modern War Community Compromised

Hey guys, I hope the administrators don't close this thread, however, I'm a bit nervous about a few factions thats are legitimately being compromised of this scandal. I just am creating this thread so that the factions and their members know where we stand as a MW community. I hope the administrators or anyone is not offended. But I am legitmately worried that many factions including my own are actually thinking about stopping the game all together. I am looking to be relaxed by other factions that perhaps have a better sense of the survivability of this game. Wasted gold, cheating, terrible help from Gree Administrators, has severely put my faction hanging by the thread. I know of a few factions that have lost many members already.

Again, I'm not looking for trouble, but a sense of stability. CJ... you deleted a thread and locked another. This has created more panic than damage control. I beg for you to have the community relax and stick together through this problem. I feel that censoring right now makes this community more insecure than anything else. GREE has known about the problems and has done nothing for years. The people who are suppose to help in technical are unhelpful, disrespectful, and terrible at customer service.

How is everyone feeling. Are factions okay? We need to find a way to work through this. I totally understand those that are feeling screwed. But I think its fair to say that we are upset but hope that things can work themselves out. It would be very sad if this game ends, despite its problems.

More of a venting thread, but please express comments and concerns, along with anything positive that may help other factions out.
    Its okay Crawford is here 468 653 883

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Give it MAYBE 2 min before its deleted

No, I will answer this right now if people will give me a moment; I was typing a reply to another thread along the same lines.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    My faction has seen a few members quit tge game, mainly to spending more time on it then in real life.
    I think the events are in too much of a short span with no break inbetween to allow us to just check in and collect money maybe burn some energy, i know im back and forth with the game and faction chat.

I still have alot of fun and so do many others
    When we stand together, We can watch the world burn around us. It won't matter no longer, we're all as good as dead

Post Count

Tired

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFORD View Post
    More of a venting thread, but please express comments and concerns, along with anything positive that may help other factions out.
    We have had two quit, and are having a hard time finding people at all. Honestly, it isn't the customer service, the glitches, or even the money.

It is the time. All of the events back to back, the duration of the wars, wars too close together, wars on holidays. What started as a game to pass time (tap tap tap) became fun, but is now more work than most of us can do.

On top of that, if we choose not to do events we feel like we won't be able to keep up. It isn't fun that makes us participate- its pressure.

We need more time between events. Simple answer.
    “Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience deceptive, judgment difficult.”
    -Hippocrates

Banned
    Post Count
    CJ - seriously - a lot of people here are just frustrated that after these hackers have been reported - with screen shots and undeniable evidence - these situations come up again - but at the expense of pushing us in the Top 10 of spending more - which then seems like maybe the hackers are serving a more sinister purpose.

Banning long time respected members for making silly sugestions that of course are not serious - but rather an attempt to get a real response from you - only makes those senior member MORE frustrated that you are quick to ban whistle blowers and sarcastic calls to obvious insincere action - but SO slow to actually keep this game legit by stopping obvious hackers.

Really - McGurt / McDoc - and others that have been banned today - they love the game and are respected members of this community for a long time -leading factions - communicating in many other mediums than this forum - so to ban someone who has spent over $10,000 on this game in the heat of the moment like today - really spits in the face of those who love the game so much and just really want to stop the cheapening of the game with all the hackers.

Please un-ban McGurt / McDoc and others who were only trying to get YOU to respond to the repeated requests to stop the hackers. Those are the good guys trying to save the game - TRUE leaders of big Top 10 factions - who outside of this forum - have WAY more influence with their big time Gold spenders in their guilds across ALL of your games.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Guys, I'm sure we all tacitly agreed to some fine print that nobody read that prevents us (you) from suing Gree...just be glad CJ acknowledged this thread and said he'd reply

Lurker
    Post Count

once you lose interest......

once you lose interest it's difficult to reignite it. I used to wake up at night to add retrieve my money from my buildings and during a war I would wake up and wack a wall to help my faction. Now with the rampant cheating its disheartening to give all that effort (and money) when others get many times that for nothing other than a hack. Why bother? I used to love this game and now its just a diversion. I wouldn't spend a penny for gold any more. My credit card associated with my account is expiring at the end of the month and I won't bother to update it so I won't be tempted to waste any more money on this sham.
    Gree had a gold mine here but they chose to gouge the players and now they are fleeing in droves. Gree could eliminate the vast majority of the cheating but for whatever reason they chose not to. In a way I am glad this all came out because now I wouldn't dream of spending another penny on this. When I think about how much I wasted already it makes me shudder. I have come across players who have over 5,000,000 income per hour and I don't see the buildings to support it. It is very discouraging to think there are players out there getting a massive unfair advantage and rest of us folks are toiling away while they just rack up bonuses. I am done wasting money on this.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Modern War and Peace must be the title of CJ's post, given the time it's taking.
    MW: 687 187 029
    MW: 493 124 485

KA: 387 537 422
    KA: 710 265 070

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssne View Post
    Modern War and Peace must be the title of CJ's post, given the time it's taking.
    Gotta choose those words very, very carefully.....

Post Count
    Won't do any good, he's banned me, my accounts, my faction mates accounts. He will promise us the stats and deliver us nothing. Just like his predecessors and cohorts.

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Lurker
    Post Count

I am part of Mcgurt

as a member of McGurt I have seen how hard they have worked to keep this game as fair as is possible but when the people that actually have that responsibility, shirk it and show total disregard for the players that pay their salary and as in my case, tens of thousands of dollars invested in the game it seems as if they do not care. cj can claim that they do but as in the real world....proof is in actions and not in words. So...to the Gree administrators....less talk and more action should be the words of the day. We are all watching to see if you fulfill your end. This is only my second post ever ..so ..if you ban me...I personally couldn't give a hoot.

Consistent Contributor CRAWFORD's Avatar
    Post Count
    I hope I don't get banned. I'm a bit nervous now. Like seriously... this is getting scary. I'm really not trying to offend anyone CJ. Just to let you know. I just want to feel like we as a community can get through this. I'm a faction leader, and we are a bit nervous.
    Its okay Crawford is here 468 653 883

Consistent Contributor steveo127's Avatar
    Post Count
    hehe that was actually a clever play on words, lol

in other news: I think you all are over reacting way too much. Video evidence, sending it in to Apple as we speak? Legal ramifications? You guys can get refunded on money spent, by contacting apple. But trying to start angry virtual mobs in the forums is not the way to do it. Come on guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Ssne View Post

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Exhausted

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Zulu View Post
    We have had two quit, and are having a hard time finding people at all. Honestly, it isn't the customer service, the glitches, or even the money.

It is the time. All of the events back to back, the duration of the wars, wars too close together, wars on holidays. What started as a game to pass time (tap tap tap) became fun, but is now more work than most of us can do.

On top of that, if we choose not to do events we feel like we won't be able to keep up. It isn't fun that makes us participate- its pressure.

We need more time between events. Simple answer.
    I too have had players quit. Some have said it is too much work to keep up with. Another said he had lost interest in the game. I myself have cut back on the gold. With all of the events seemingly, no actually, running back to back non stop.