Modern War Community Compromised - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern War Community Compromised

Lurker
    Post Count
    I think cj needs to respond with clarity as to what actions will be taken to fix the hacker problem. Tired of listening to the lip service that this company has been giving us for a very long time. DO IT DON'T SPEW IT. Sweet....just made that up. The next battle cry for the modern war community.......Hey CJ .....DO IT DON'T SPEW IT. In the real world, most companies listen to their customers or do not survive. I believe Gree and this modern war game is at a crossroads. Left or Right because straight ahead will lead to a devastating crash.

Post Count
    I hope he (CJ54) knows that banning every forum member does not change anything. The way gree runs things is ****. The way they deal with bugs, cheaters, etc. (and I'm probably banned now too, for voicing my opinion)

Lurker
    Post Count
    The answer is simple -- put whoever is in charge of banning people in the forum in charge of banning hackers. The game would be hacker-free by the morning!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    I apologize for the delay in reply.

On cheaters:

I am aware that the popular opinion is that we don't care about cheaters and let them run wild. That is not remotely true. Just in the last week, we have permanently banned over 500 accounts from Modern War for TOS violations related to exploits. In the last two months we have completely redesigned the client/server interaction in a way that has invalidated the vast majority of existing exploits in the game. The rest are in the process of being fixed.

We can't see everything though, and the nature of internet apps is that people will find some loophole, that loophole will be closed, and then someone will find another loophole. This is pretty much an endless process, and it applies to us as much as the next group of people playing whack-a-mole with these kinds of things. And we can't always see them until they're already happening. We are and have always been grateful for the people who help point us in the direction of exploits and the people using them.

EDIT: In this particular case, the one reported earlier: our top server engineers are looking deeply into this right this moment. In the chance of finding said exploit, any perpetrators will be removed from the game and previous WD results will be examined.

The forums:

That said, it is not okay to post allegations of cheating, for privacy reasons. ESPECIALLY when those involve personal info of some kind (including but not limited to names, screennames from other services, contact info) for other people. That is not okay. We have repeatedly said that it is not okay. It will never be okay. And you have to be willing to accept that, whether you agree with it or not, if you use the forums. The proper way to report suspected cheaters is through Support. Threads that call others or guilds out as cheaters will be locked, and sharing the private info of another will result in a ban, regardless of circumstances.

It is also not okay to have a blow up and start making a ton of threads about moderation policies after someone has been banned, or a thread has been locked, regardless of the content of that thread. You may not agree with the policies or the TOS, or our moderation, but you have to abide by them while using our services. We don't ask for anything else.
    A joke?
    The big cheats are the same, which I reported a lot of money. You you cut the heads of 5 cats that made units (LOW). Or have higher IPH. These people do not usually bother anyone in 80% of cases.

What worries that rich giants and cheaters, do what they want, are the accusers of cheaters, when they are the worst. Therefore, they consider the accused and the complainant.

They are more difficult to find cheats iOS. But these are the leaders in traps, and many of its best customers are big cheaters.

Small cheats help us steal money from their bases. Large gold units, we can not steal your money. They attack us for days to do harm. They are among the best faction, but bring money and you are not going to do anything.

The day that show proof that you, know this, do not act because they are good customers, they give you a lot of money to win. The game was over. insert coin. finished the game.

Post Count
    Yeah but innocents who voice the truth end up banned as well.

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Are faction was top 50... We are not spending gold until its resolved that's over 50 players... If everybody stops then that's the only way Greed will see that the community is playing around.. And why is it threads get deleted oh ya that's right because you guys don't want the community to see the truth nor can you guys bare to hear the facts... Waste of money and time anymore.. You guys need to get it straight..

Consistent Contributor whiskeybravo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssne View Post
    Modern War and Peace must be the title of CJ's post, given the time it's taking.
    Ok, that made me lol
    whiskeybravo - retired

Consistent Contributor whiskeybravo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffel View Post
    The answer is simple -- put whoever is in charge of banning people in the forum in charge of banning hackers. The game would be hacker-free by the morning!
    Now there is an idea that has merit. Almost an instant fix.
    whiskeybravo - retired

Lurker
    Post Count

my two cents

as a player who apparently hasn't gone overboard with spending money as much as some do,i find cree lacking in response to problems. The pace is sometimes overwhelming, factions can be demanding but all in all I can just quit playing and say goodbye in the end. But for those that have spent real money and lots of it, a more responsive customer service would be appreciated and probably demanded in some cases. I have lost large amounts of stats, posted support complaint and absolutely nothing happened. Ok, I accepted that and now will not spend any more money period, my choice. As for cheating in the highest of ranks, Ban the cheaters but maybe leave the protesters to vent, it would only help in making things more transparent when your responses are posted as well. But those responses need to be timely.
    MY two cents

Banned
    Post Count
    I have a few question that i would like admin to answer and not CJ54 as i feel CJ54 does not tell the truth and has not got the best intrest for Gree. This is my opinion and i shouldn't be banned for expressing how i feel, i have always read the posts on this forum and never left a reply but today i have had it with everything that has been happening with this game and i had to sign up

1. A week left till next World Domination battle so why has the last World Domination winners list hasn't been uploaded

2. I have been constantly getting attacked by players with 500-1000 Heavy Cannon and many more hacked inventory, du to them attack i have lost so much in-game money, money purchased inventory and valour inventory. As i have incurred losses due to hacked players do i get compensated and also i have reported these players for months but they still roam free causing damage to players who spend money in this game to make sure developers ect get a wage.

3. Lat LQT we won a unit with +2% energy and another unit with 20% Health Regen which dont work. We paid for a unit with is advertised with these bonuses so we should receive them. if a customer pays for something which advertises something on it we would expect to receive that.

4. My 15 son plays these game as well and i found out today that he has used 10K gold buying Scratchers so he can win the top prizes which he never did. I asked him wh and his reply was he was addicted. I would like someone to tell me if scratchers is a form of gambling, if it isnt then i would like a good explanation how it isnt. in my eyes scratchers are like the scratch cards you buy from the shops (looto).

5. Players go over vault expecting a new Limited Edition Building, If there isnt one going to be released why doesn't someone from admin let everyone know on the forum. We are not asking for much!

6. I would like someone else to take over from CJ54 as he is rude, closes thread without explanation, banns people without warning ect. This person cant be good for business.

7. Due to faction having hackers world domination points have gone up, at Brazil top 10 was around 8m but now this has gone upto 18k. This is a financial loss to us so what would you be doing about our financial losses also not forgetting about how Gree have rigged this game where we loss against players with much less stats than us which again is a financial loss as that is was of gold during World Domination.

This is for ADMIN to reply and NOT for CJ54.

Please CJ54 stay well away from my post. I will await for ADMINS reply before i take my next step.

Consistent Contributor CRAWFORD's Avatar
    Post Count
    I know about the outrage, but for the sake of communication between Gree, ourselves, and other factions, lets becareful with how we speak out against Gree. Make sure we don't go over board with CJ. The way I see it, he hasn't banned this thread, but if we verbally attack him enough, we risk destroying a productive thread that could help us as a community.

So far, my faction has been debating about how to go about the events. We will definintely play, but it might not be at a competetive level. I feel bad. We honestly don't know what to do. Lots of people getting banned who are loyal players. Its scary thinking about what could happen if we get banned after purchasing more gold. Its important to stay a community. I believe this is the only way to make sure this game remains legitimate and fun despite its problems.

As far as the problems CJ expressed. I respect your policy, however... something just doesn't feel right about it, especially considering the good and loyal players that have payed the price. I will leave it at that because I can't imagine how you must feel being in direct fire of the games problems.

As far as support... the last time I contacted support they told me to take pictures of certain instances over prizes, which I had, and then told me later to do something else in the future. Thats how they deal with me. I have complained about redicolous stat increases over other players... no reply... I have been quite for a while until now. But obviously, the real answer is, there is no real way to report a problem anymore. The banning did not include cheaters, cheap skates, or hagglers. This banning has been pretty much loyal customers that have made the community prosper and who have spent a lot of gold.

My advice to others, is let see how this thing turns out. For those who are about to make a thread or rant about what is going on, take a time to think about it. I am very sad about what has happened recently, and I don't wish such a fate against anyone else. Obviously, its your choice, and perhaps you think it must be done. This whole scenario is bad. We all feel like we've been paying for expensive pizza that has been given for free just across the street.
    Its okay Crawford is here 468 653 883

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We have been waiting to see how things turn out for months. I disagree wholeheartedly with that view.

Another WD event is in a week. In Ireland, GREE allowed tar, et Alia, to run amok and drive points only to dq them after. You can discuss motives, I won't. I will just say what occurred. That tar bans proved what we thought, which is that they had a health and/or gold and/or iTunes card hack. Period. Yet they were allowed to stay in the game, with proofs having been provided prior to the event, and to drive up total points at the top.

Next, the bonus program was secretly altered at a moments notice in a manner, on the whole, not beneficial to the player. Then, when this was discussed on these forums, the threads were deleted and people banned.

After that, the new automated system accidentally gave dozens of players (or more, including many I know) gold they hadn't earned through a bonus tier. That was discussed, threads closed, people banned.

Now, Durt has provided clear cut proof, again, days from a WD event of health regen hacking. Threads are deleted, people banned, and we are told to just be quiet and move on---trust is earned GREE.

All this being said, these silencing tactics worked on the gold bonus program. People spent more from what I can see. So, maybe they are just using what authoritarians throughout history have known to work: strong arm silencing tactics. You can clamor all day about how it's just a game, it is, one that many of us have invested thousands (yes, I sadly said and meant thousands) into. And I for one am not pleased at all.

Sort it quickly. Stop banning people for weak reasons. Stop making up new permutations of existing rules. If a screenshot of someone's GREE forum name and their post is not personal information, then neither is one of their usernameS on any other site. We all know what personal information is. You cannot simply redefine it ad hoc to exercise bans. That is absurd. Additionally, be aware that if your support was efficient and responsive, you wouldn't face much resistance in asking us, your customers and those who pay, to trust them. Rather, the support is very much, diametrically, the opposite.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rare breed View Post
    I have a few question that i would like admin to answer and not CJ54 as i feel CJ54 does not tell the truth and has not got the best intrest for Gree. This is my opinion and i shouldn't be banned for expressing how i feel, i have always read the posts on this forum and never left a reply but today i have had it with everything that has been happening with this game and i had to sign up

1. A week left till next World Domination battle so why has the last World Domination winners list hasn't been uploaded
    It has. It's in the announcements section. It's been there since two or three days after Columbia.

2. I have been constantly getting attacked by players with 500-1000 Heavy Cannon and many more hacked inventory, du to them attack i have lost so much in-game money, money purchased inventory and valour inventory. As i have incurred losses due to hacked players do i get compensated and also i have reported these players for months but they still roam free causing damage to players who spend money in this game to make sure developers ect get a wage.
    Hacking is not ok, but with regards to inventory hacking: Whether their inventory is hacked or not, you won't lose if you don't attack people close to your stats.

4. My 15 son plays these game as well and i found out today that he has used 10K gold buying Scratchers so he can win the top prizes which he never did. I asked him wh and his reply was he was addicted. I would like someone to tell me if scratchers is a form of gambling, if it isnt then i would like a good explanation how it isnt. in my eyes scratchers are like the scratch cards you buy from the shops (looto).
    Sure it is gambling. But he is 15. Remove his ability to buy 10k gold. He should not have access to that kind of money, 15 years olds don't make the most sound decisions.

5. Players go over vault expecting a new Limited Edition Building, If there isnt one going to be released why doesn't someone from admin let everyone know on the forum. We are not asking for much!
    We have never had a time frame. Use the in between times to increase your vault. Maybe players going over vault adds to the fun of attacking other people. Like a little pot of gold.

6. I would like someone else to take over from CJ54 as he is rude, closes thread without explanation, banns people without warning ect. This person cant be good for business.
    There is always an explanation- the person broke the TOS for this forum. Whether we think it is right or not is irrelevant. This is Gree's forum and we must abide by the rules we agreed to when we signed up. If you don't want to agree, just read the forum instead of posting. If you post, follow the guidelines.

7. Due to faction having hackers world domination points have gone up, at Brazil top 10 was around 8m but now this has gone upto 18k. This is a financial loss to us so what would you be doing about our financial losses also not forgetting about how Gree have rigged this game where we loss against players with much less stats than us which again is a financial loss as that is was of gold during World Domination.
    Don't use money, then you will incur no loss. If you use money, knowing these are real problems, it is your choice. If I put a dollar in a machine to get a coke, and I know that 1/2 the time no coke comes out and the money is never refunded, and I out my dollar in anyway... It was my choice to take that chance.
    “Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience deceptive, judgment difficult.”
    -Hippocrates

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Generik79 View Post
    All this being said, these silencing tactics worked on the gold bonus program. People spent more from what I can see. So, maybe they are just using what authoritarians throughout history have known to work: strong arm silencing tactics. You can clamor all day about how it's just a game, it is, one that many of us have invested thousands (yes, I sadly said and meant thousands) into. And I for one am not pleased at all.
    It's not an investment. It's "entertainment money".