GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future of LTQs and walkthroughs by Devin

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Future of LTQs and walkthroughs by Devin

Hi folks,

So this last ltq was a monster... More energy, more gold, lower stats. Those facts are clear, and can be reviewed and analyzed based on prior ltq events and prior wd events.

In my opinion, if GREE leaves the ltq as it just was, the ltq will essentially be dead. That's my own personal opinion. It just doesn't tap into the group of people willing to spend a little bit of gold, but not as much as the top tier wd events cost. However, I'd guess GREE won't leave the ltq as it was either - something is always changing in MW. Future ltqs might get better, might get worse, or might get replaced.

I'm not independently wealthy, and those that have attacked and raided me know I'm not some untouchablely high stat player... Basically what gold I have goes to the ltqs to build the walkthroughs. I am in a wonderful top 250 faction, with casual/ low/ no gold use. REG if you're curious.

*If* you're planning on spending 3,000 or more gold on an event, I encourage you to talk with a top 10 faction. If unsure, you can contact me and I can point you to several great groups. Most are recruiting all the time, and most are excellent groups of people. Generally, the requirements are in that 3000 gold range. Spending 3,000+ gold on an ltq as they are presently formatted is a bad idea, unless you have lots of gold and are also in a top 10 faction.

So the question to the forum people is, what do you want? Some options I see:

1. GREE changes something and this entire thread becomes moot.

2. Somehow I figure out how to cover some of my costs - i dont need to be paid for, but i cant sacrifice all the gold, levels, stats, to my peril. I've deliberately not commented on accepting donations, as some have proposed, because I have no fair means of doing so. But, I respect that many use this information and it can save folks a lot of money. If I made some kind of $0.99 / $1.99 / ?? app for each ltq, would people buy?

3. We simply live without walkthroughs. I'm sure key details about bonus units will still get posted. But planning based on full details will probably not exist. Of course, if all future ltqs are like this, I doubt there will be many who care to plan.

4. I show someone else/ others how to do it, so we get a group of people. That can.... There a several time savers I use to help and ensure I don't miss info. Someone else picks up the cause?

5. Some other idea?

I've got gold enough to do maybe 1 more of these monsters, but the larger problem is the gold spend has become very sacrificial. At 4000 gold, that'd have paid a top 10 for last WD, with roughly double the immediate stat gains, and significant boosts. The ltq was about 1/3rd the benefit of the last wd event.

Looking forward to what you have to say, thanks!
    Devin

Articulate Author Meta Rage Trollbot's Avatar
    Post Count
    I would definitely give to you over the "Nuclear Option" Devin. If youy set up Paypal you may be onto something.
    I have gone GREE Free! Ready to be b@nned for life.

Post Count
    Devin,

Unfortunately the LTQ really are a bad move if they continue going in the same direction. I have a feeling that gree will slowly start to bring them back down to earth but i suspect we won't see many modifiers (bonus units) if any and the Units might slowly get better while it gets slightly cheaper again.

1) Gree will change it when they see players are not willing to spend money on the LTQ. The problem becomes how long with this take? 2-3 LTQ events?

2) I would certainly be willing to contribute though donations or a app download but an app dowload would require hundreds of downloads to help even cover half of your costs.

3)Then again how many details do we really need if it's just a matter of you don't get any bonus units, The units are not worth it and it would cost 4k gold to finish. Obviously with now defining point to push towards X unit i don't know if i see the same value other than don't waste your gold in general.

4) Not sure it would be the same if someone else is going to do it but perhaps if they are willing to fill some of your shoes while we travel through this dark time it might be a good idea.

In the end we need Gree to fix something. I feared that Gree might ruin the game with the LTQ but that doesn't/didn't seem to stop them in KA.
    Last edited by Thief; 05-29-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    VFF Legends

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I thankyou. One event you saved me a couple hundred gold as i had to upgrade some buildings. You posting that information saved me some gold. I finished the other pve limited time events but not this one this one i will just play for free unless im close on getting a good unit thanks to you. Thanks dont feel bad if you dont do another one of these

Post Count
    Last night a few of my faction members and myself were discussing this, and your walkthroughs. We couldn't shake the feeling that this seemed like such a deliberate affront to you, possibly to deter you from doing this service in the future. I'm sure it wasn't, and was just a miscalculation on their part, but still, it's rough.
    Regardless, you have my appreciation for all you've done.
    I know that I, and many others, would buy a walkthrough app from you for each LTQ.
    At lvl 189 and with mediocre stats, LTQs were the only part of this that was enjoyable since the demise of pvp events. I have over 3200 energy, and now, the bar sits full.
    I hope they change in the future, and if they dont, I'd still happily support your endeavors.
    Add me before I get banned again for harassing the mods.
    Modern War: Ginger Lvl 80 ID#: 128 150 570 & Lvl 194 ID#: 643 379 083

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Gree only gave themselves to blame for the failure of WD by over inflated real money prices for icons on a phone. C'mon 25 for a refill, let the top factions fight it out for pride. The LTQ events were good but once again when Greed sees a cash vie they destroy it. I don't blame the programmers, they just do what management tells them. It the avarice of Gree that annoys me and the fact they ignore customers. That will ultimately result in the death of this game.

Banned
    Post Count
    Devin is clearly one of the best assets to this forum, and Gree obviously recognizes this. So with that said, I don't think theres any way Gree sticks with this current level of LTQs moving forward. If they do, we simply don't participate.

I don't think anyone ever wanted Devin to have to sacrifice so much for the good of the forum.

Even though I never compete in the LTQs, simply because they offer too much XP for my play style, Devins threads were still realy useful to me. If Gree does not resolve this, I would not be against donating to Devin to help him recoup from this past LTQ.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin View Post
    Hi folks,

2. Somehow I figure out how to cover some of my costs - i dont need to be paid for, but i cant sacrifice all the gold, levels, stats, to my peril. I've deliberately not commented on accepting donations, as some have proposed, because I have no fair means of doing so. But, I respect that many use this information and it can save folks a lot of money. If I made some kind of $0.99 / $1.99 / ?? app for each ltq, would people buy?

Devin
    I would buy your "app" every time. I dont even care if you make a huge profit. Its worth it just For the benefit i have received from previous ones, and the time you put in.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Devin you've done great work and with 70K plus hits each time, its by far the most popular thread on Modern War. I work on a principal of fairness and I have no objection making a token payment to obtain this information.

How about starting a POLL? It would give you a much better indication of what people are willing to do.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorSpawn View Post
    I would buy your "app" every time. I dont even care if you make a huge profit. Its worth it just For the benefit i have received from previous ones, and the time you put in.
    I'd also support the idea of you just setting up a password protected webpage. We can donate via paypal for access.
    Add me before I get banned again for harassing the mods.
    Modern War: Ginger Lvl 80 ID#: 128 150 570 & Lvl 194 ID#: 643 379 083

Banned
    Post Count
    If I could make a suggestion -- Instead of accepting paypal payments for very small amounts, perhaps you could set up a PO box and provide an address for people to mail you either cash or iTunes gift cards. That way you could avoid the fees associated with transactional sites like Paypal, and you wouldn't have to give out your personal information to anyone.

Just a suggestion...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Set up a paypal account. I'd definitely contribute. Go thru the next LTQ as far as whatever gold you've been able to purchase with the contributions to date will take you.

I know I've saved a ton of time and money based on your walk throughs, I'm sure many feel the same way and would be able to contribute.

If the next couple of LTQs still suck, you could just wind it down then.
    Last edited by Zedsdead; 05-29-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Col
    Faction ID: 975-498-211
    Health Regen Time -22%
    Bldg Def: + 15%
    Inf Def: + 20%
    Grd Def: + 15%
    Air Def: + 20%
    Bldg Output: + 10%

Post Count
    I really find your threads the most useful in the forums. Worth a lot of money in savings TBH. I would buy the app

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dante! View Post
    Devin is clearly one of the best assets to this forum, and Gree obviously recognizes this. So with that said, I don't think theres any way Gree sticks with this current level of LTQs moving forward. If they do, we simply don't participate.

I don't think anyone ever wanted Devin to have to sacrifice so much for the good of the forum.

Even though I never compete in the LTQs, simply because they offer too much XP for my play style, Devins threads were still realy useful to me. If Gree does not resolve this, I would not be against donating to Devin to help him recoup from this past LTQ.
    IŽd prefer gree changing it into an playable way again. so we really should stop spending huge amounts of gold to finish such beast-events
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Devin's work has made a huge impact for me and my faction.