You did it to yourselves - why the LTQ is so much harder

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You did it to yourselves - why the LTQ is so much harder

Banned
    Post Count

You did it to yourselves - why the LTQ is so much harder

You all want to complain about this LTQ being to hard, cost to much, to much xp and not enough raw gains. In the end, all you that talk about "Preststaging" prior to the start of the LTQ made it this hard. What did you think would happen. Exploits are against the rules of the game. Prestaging is an exploit. So thank you to all you that couldn't keep your mouths shut about what you do.

To say its not an exploit picture this:

You have a list of every DL for every faction. You are then able to hit all of them 7 times, so when you see them in war it only takes one hit to drop them.

What if you can start hitting other factions walls before the war starts, so when you see them in the war it just takes one hit from your weakest player to drop the level 10 wall.

On the other hand its Gree's fault. Why can't you put in the game a way to erase the prestaging that others have done to stop prestaging and make the LTQ's like they used to be.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=ProCision;787729]You all want to complain about this LTQ being to hard, cost to much, to much xp and not enough raw gains. In the end, all you that talk about "Preststaging" prior to the start of the LTQ made it this hard. What did you think would happen. Exploits are against the rules of the game. Prestaging is an exploit. So thank you to all you that couldn't keep your mouths shut about what you do.

I agree. Too many blabbermouths led to the toning down of an ltq event that once gave very powerful units and was fun to finish till the end.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    You all want to complain about this LTQ being to hard, cost to much, to much xp and not enough raw gains. In the end, all you that talk about "Preststaging" prior to the start of the LTQ made it this hard. What did you think would happen. Exploits are against the rules of the game. Prestaging is an exploit. So thank you to all you that couldn't keep your mouths shut about what you do.

To say its not an exploit picture this:

You have a list of every DL for every faction. You are then able to hit all of them 7 times, so when you see them in war it only takes one hit to drop them.

What if you can start hitting other factions walls before the war starts, so when you see them in the war it just takes one hit from your weakest player to drop the level 10 wall.

On the other hand its Gree's fault. Why can't you put in the game a way to erase the prestaging that others have done to stop prestaging and make the LTQ's like they used to be.
    Wrong. Its called bait and switch. Get people hooked then reduce the gains so they have to keep doing it.

Prestaging is guessing and carries full costs/xp. It might impact Gree from time to time but their game is setup that way. KA doesnt have prestaging because they add new mobs on the screen. If Gree wants to prevent it get of their lazy b**** and code it.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yes this trick of prestaging should have been kept away from this forum,

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's extremely unlikely that Gree wouldn't have noticed this possibility on their own - talking about it here wouldn't have made any difference.

It's just speculation. I would tend to agree that Gree have now made it much too hard to complete, though

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Pre-staging isn't against the rules

What I feel is pre-staging isn't against the rules, its real energy you spend, real xp you gain, then why is it against the rules? People who use gold will always go all the way to prestige, non-gold user can not go far in prestige mode even with pre-staging. Remember, you are gaining xp with pre-staging and with LTQ, that will make you level up faster. This event is energy hogger, its like completing whole mission in each step.

Post Count
    It is much harder. pre-staging to me was a form of cheating. I was hoping that instead of making the event harder, Gree would just do a re-set on the LTQ mission to put everything back to zero. Another method was to just come up with specialty maps just for LTQ. Would peak everybodies interest, new places they have never been before.
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    I've been pre-staging since the first ltq. Never posted a word about it until now. Some things are better left unsaid.

Do I think presaging is 100% the reason this event got nerfed? No. GREE and funzio have always nerfed everything. So this is just more of the same. It's probably better the way it is now because the old ltqs would eventually make the game very unbalanced

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Well, now you will have a lot of folks sitting out LTQs.

So, if Gree is trying to make the players *not* play the game, then it's working....but that seems to be missing the point.
    MW: 687 187 029
    MW: 493 124 485

KA: 387 537 422
    KA: 710 265 070

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Pre staging isn't cheating, its like saying studying for a test is cheating. You still end up with the same XP gain and energy expenditure. Besides, you're either a free player or a spender, dedicated free players isn't going to spend money so they can get that shiny new unit.

Even if you get a few extra units by prestaging, so what? You just leveled up heaps and that is more of a disadvantage then advantage. What's the rule of thumb for attack and defence, 1000x your level? I leveled 5 times in the hunt for the first strike tomcat, and I certainly didn't get close to 5k worth of stats.
    Retired.
    World Domination history(wars fought):Ireland→Cuba

Previous Postings:- Skillzone(6), School Janitors(2), Texicans(3), Best of the Best(1), Ghostdogs(2), Hardcore Country Folk(3)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Why would you not want to sit out an event? With WD being so close together, it seems I am always on my ipad or iphone. Looking at an LTQ and making a choice not to participate is equally as great as feeling as participating and getting a +20% regen. The latter I feel I *have* to get, and I work my butt off to get it. A lot of people post off the hip, and get other people fired up, which leads to hilarious, yet very stupid threads.

Take a break this week, enjoy it. The past 3 WD events have been crazy enough, no need to bash each other in the process.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The idea about specialty maps is a much better one than resetting the LTQ maps to zero because you may have players who are trying to complete map missions and cause them to lose progress. Some of the tasks take as many as 13 hits (possibly more as this is the highest I've come across). When that many hits are needed, players are going to have to take time to regen their health or use gold to get all the hits in at once. I don't see anyone using gold to regen health just to complete a mission that isn't part of an LTQ. So it wouldn't be fair to those players to make them repeat certain actions. But these LTQ also aren't fair in the sense that there are players may want to participate but cannot simply because their level isn't high enough and are essentially being ignored. I get that some people choose to camp and build up their income first, but there are new players that may begin the game thinking that completing missions and leveling up is the best way to play the game, not knowing any different. Everyone should be given the chance to at least participate and go as far as they can. If maps aren't already unlocked, they could at least unlock them for the LTQ to allow them to participate. I know there are higher level players as well who have no chance of completing normal mode simply because their unit buildings aren't high enough levels yet because it wasn't a priority to them. If they didn't take the time to upgrade them that is their loss.

You talk about exploiting the game. I know in old thread there was discussion as to whether or not camping was a form of cheating or exploiting the game. Most people just thought it was a strategy employed with a long term goal in mind, but I know there was one guy who was adamant that it was a form of cheating and the game was not meant to be played that way. People choose how to play this game and employ the strategy they think is best. Some people camp, some choose to use gold, etc. So there are going to be differing opinions on what constitutes cheating/exploitation of the game. The only thing that people can probably agree constitutes cheating is hacking. If Gree wants to prevent prestaging of these LTQ, the specialty maps is probably the best way to do it because everybody starts at zero, and it won't affect players that are trying to complete map missions. The LTQ could then be open to any player as well regardless of level. Their progress will be based on whether or not they have the units/energy necessary to complete the missions.

Banned
    Post Count
    Yea, you can't just reset the LTQ missions, what about the people who are legitimately trying to complete the map and not compete in the LTQ.

I think what Gree did is completely fine. If people dislike the event, they should just sit it out.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rud View Post
    It is much harder. pre-staging to me was a form of cheating. I was hoping that instead of making the event harder, Gree would just do a re-set on the LTQ mission to put everything back to zero. Another method was to just come up with specialty maps just for LTQ. Would peak everybodies interest, new places they have never been before.
    Problem with removing prestaged missions is you will also nuke missions a legit player may be working on. Granted Gree do reset some missions and change the requirements of others. In the end though it's a crap shoot unless you prestaged every possible combination in every map. But that is still no guarantee that you will get everything.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Special maps/missions is a very good idea.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13