New Collect 10 event: Spider Box + LTQ: Dark Awakening..! - Page 7

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Collect 10 event: Spider Box + LTQ: Dark Awakening..!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

I hate box events

They are supposed to be random, but everyone knows the drill. The first few are easy and it progressively harder to find the prizes. I've been at 7 on two games for two days now. I have 45 spider boxes in one game, 23 in the other. Which probably means 45 I have crap prizes in one game and...well you know how it is.

Gree really needs to rethink these box events. Most of the boxes I am attempting to open are opening, but they are giving me a little bit of cash or a few experience points. Nothing I would consider spending gems for. And since the odds of my getting an Ebon gem are less than 1 in 20 at this stage of the quest, I am not going to use gems to open boxes that 95% of the time they give me crap. Maybe if they gave some decent units out as boobie prizes I'd consider it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post

One question I have is (not to be greedy) what happens if I add an 11th gem???
    Nothing, Amigo. Never get 11th no matter how many more you open. But keep opening free - this will give you lot of gold and honors. BTW - also finished (today) with ZERO gems used

Post Count
    Maybe you are a mush
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigertiger55 View Post
    36 boxes since my last gem wtf?
    Got gem 9 in very next box so I'll try my luck again...
    2 boxes since my last gem wtf?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I just got 8 and 9 today as well. 2 gems out of 5 gold tries! Not bad. Not bad at all. Now for the elusive 10th gem....

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pendentive View Post
    FYI - here's how it went for me:

1st day - used gems, got to 7 ebon gems easily. No matter what I did, would not give out any more.
    2nd day - got to 9 with some difficulty, but no #10 - again, did not matter what I did.
    3rd day - nothing
    4th day - got the last ebon gem with GOLD, not with gems. Gems would not do anything except return gold/honor.

This has been repeated by several others beside myself.
    This is me except for the fact that I have been stuck at 8 gems since the 2nd day I have been using gold the whole time. Any suggestions?

Banned
    Post Count
    Good that there are lucky people, congratz for finding the 10th gem!

Meanwhile I'm stuck on 9 gems for 3 days already, I try opening the box every hour, only when I sleep I can't..so I miss 5 or 6 tries in a day!

Well..there is still some time left...

Post Count
    I have seen lots of people wondering where all the 10th gem is ? unfortunately i have only accumilated gems with 10 on them ,so now you know why hardly anyone has the 10th!, i now just need gems 1-9 and i have the set whoo hoo

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    I have seen lots of people wondering where all the 10th gem is ? unfortunately i have only accumilated gems with 10 on them ,so now you know why hardly anyone has the 10th!, i now just need gems 1-9 and i have the set whoo hoo
    I got all of the ebon gems opening with only gold , stayed at 9/10 for over two days before I got the last one some hours ago. After that continuing for free, one opened sofar with a rusty knife...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent follower View Post
    I got all of the ebon gems opening with only gold , stayed at 9/10 for over two days before I got the last one some hours ago. After that continuing for free, one opened sofar with a rusty knife...
    Just like undersized fish i do Throw the odd one back into the fisging pond for some of you cause thats how i roll(arms overhead bending in middle legs crouched)have fun with it

Post Count
    9/10 since 4 days ago and 68 boxes with gold since my last gem, still at 9/10...

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by uver View Post
    9/10 since 4 days ago and 68 boxes with gold since my last gem, still at 9/10...
    Frustrating that we all keep trying & trying and find nothing! every hour again and again..
    after 3~4 days most of us should at least find 1 gem, just only to keep more positive messages in the world..

Probably most of us ( including myself) are a bit addicted to the game, First I believed that I still could find a gem, but now I'm not so sure anymore..I just go on and with the little hope left.. I continue...
    10 boxes to try today & 18x tomorrow...

Post Count
    What you need to be most disciplined about is NOT to use gems to reset timer/ open boxes unless you have lots of spare real world money. Sure, that missing gem could be in that very next box ... or maybe the 200th box from now, or the 500th box ... you get what I mean. Don't blow your gems on this kind of gamble. Its more worthwhile to use them in other events in the game where you can be assured of a reasonable return for your investment.
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch

Lurker
    Post Count
    What are the odds to find the 10th gem, with gold and gem options? Are they known? I'm in the same situation of many, stuck at 9 gems, since 4 days ago. Would like to know if it's worth to use gems, or if the chances are so low that it would be a waste.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by echus14 View Post
    What you need to be most disciplined about is NOT to use gems to reset timer/ open boxes unless you have lots of spare real world money. Sure, that missing gem could be in that very next box ... or maybe the 200th box from now, or the 500th box ... you get what I mean. Don't blow your gems on this kind of gamble. Its more worthwhile to use them in other events in the game where you can be assured of a reasonable return for your investment.
    Yes, you are correct, it's very tempting to use gems, but as you said...what are the chances you( we) find an "ebon gem"
    I receive honor & gold prices in between, but honestly I don't care about that, ok I received approx.. 20K honor, but again.. 1 guild war and my honor unit is dead again

Just received again 15K gold...but no Gem in sight.. now we're waiting and trying so long, I think most of us already have more peace with the fact the chance for the gem is almost not there... GREE(D) with their odds are very dissapointing... it's almost we're playing a real gambling game.

My opinion is that when GREE(D) combines 2 LTQ, that the required gems should stay on an acceptable level, but again we're tested and GREE(D) want to see how far we will go to win the main price.

Similar with the Guild wars, is someone really thought GREE didn't make enough profit, they should compare the numbers from before the Guild war introduction and the numbers of now, think their profit has doubled again...
    Advantage for GREE, (we) KA addicts will pay and play as long as possible to get what we want, hehehehehe