Enemy Unknown LTQ: Walkthrough - Page 19

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Enemy Unknown LTQ: Walkthrough

Consistent Contributor Madcowdave's Avatar
    Post Count

Devin

Devin will be sorely missed. Gree's favor is apparently fickle. First they honor his efforts and helpfulness by naming a unit after him, then they ban him. Obviously his post during the hacker debacle (ban-fest) was negative towards Gree, but it wasn't undeserved.

This is my 100th post. I'll use it to make a plea:

Please bring Devin back.

Unless there's someone here doing walkthroughs for the LTQ's and showing me that there are worthwhile units / boosts, I won't be spending gold to finish them.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcowdave View Post
    Devin will be sorely missed. Gree's favor is apparently fickle. First they honor his efforts and helpfulness by naming a unit after him, then they ban him. Obviously his post during the hacker debacle (ban-fest) was negative towards Gree, but it wasn't undeserved.

Please bring Devin back.

Unless there's someone here doing walkthroughs for the LTQ's and showing me that there are worthwhile units / boosts, I won't be spending gold to finish them.
    GREE has driven Devin to retirement, and he's likely the better off for it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Generik79 View Post
    GREE has driven Devin to retirement, and he's likely the better off for it.
    My guess is after a week of 'cold turkey' Devin has found his life is continuing on just fine. While I hope I am wrong, I doubt we shall hear from him again.
    Col
    Faction ID: 975-498-211
    Health Regen Time -22%
    Bldg Def: + 15%
    Inf Def: + 20%
    Grd Def: + 15%
    Air Def: + 20%
    Bldg Output: + 10%

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Matt View Post
    Devin was right to point out hat the LTQ recently was a waste of time...he is invaluable in his task to post out the run through. Why would Gree ban him for that? Because it costs them money!
    This is the first event without the cost/gain ratio favoring completing the event. I never before purchased gold before these LTQs, and Devin's walk throughs were the reason why I did. I doubt I am alone in that.

I suspect not having the wal throughs is what will cost Gree money.
    Col
    Faction ID: 975-498-211
    Health Regen Time -22%
    Bldg Def: + 15%
    Inf Def: + 20%
    Grd Def: + 15%
    Air Def: + 20%
    Bldg Output: + 10%

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yep, esp if the next one is an energy hog like this one. It actually did me a personal favor. With Devin gone and a LTE with poor payout vs time spent (or gold), I put my iPad down for 5-6 hours and don't feel like I've missed anything in the game. I also spent the least on gold.

Thanks for giving me time back and reducing my interest in spending real money. Last LTE I spent $20 every 18-24 hours for 4 days (looking at me iTunes receipts) for around 70-80$ total. I spent $19 and still have 125 of the 240 left. Their unrealistic gold results also helped with the chests until I spent 25 gold for a concrete block. They're a freakin genius I tell ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zedsdead View Post
    This is the first event without the cost/gain ratio favoring completing the event. I never before purchased gold before these LTQs, and Devin's walk throughs were the reason why I did. I doubt I am alone in that.

I suspect not having the wal throughs is what will cost Gree money.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Devin
    Wish I could personally thank you for your time and effort that helped many of us silent non posters who are here sitting on the sidelines ⚡✈
    Will miss your walkthroughs
    Very sorry you are gone and banned from free speech. Your voice radiated while it was here *

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouife View Post
    The problem is not gold, at least not for me. I've bought some gold during the 40% sale but knew well before all this ****storm that I'd never buy gold again.

For me the problem is the time spent on the game vs the rewards. Pre-staging the maps for a LTQ event takes time, it basically makes that event twice as long. If the pre-staging/overall energy required for these events is increased but the rewards decreased, that's a problem for me.
    I think we all struggle with the 'work' life balance portion. These wars are too often and at some point, even I will need to consider whether I can participate in each one. But now that prestaging has become the norm, high energy usage will be here to stay. Like CJ said, the PVPs will be back once they get them fixed, so if there is only one of each during each battle cycle, then there is more time available to prestage if you wish. It comes down to how much time you want to commit and feel pressure to keep up with the jones'. Is a personal choice, but gets easier if they space out these events more.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcowdave View Post

Please bring Devin back.

grats on 1k MCD !!
    at this point I'll spend no
    money on gold till I grow old

Steady Scribe
    In a parallel universe. Playing some Modern War
    Post Count
    Devin's ban isn't permanent, he will be back soon so don't worry!

Post Count
    devin should be back tomorrow, i certainly hope so.

My ally codes-341780448 *Modern War*

Started game during Greenland campaign

lv132 atk 16'513'225 def 27'191'202

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by General Flame View Post
    Devin's ban isn't permanent, he will be back soon so don't worry!
    yea on the 6th or 7th what he told me on the in game act of his

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Please bring Devin Back
    dpghost

smart beats gold