LTQ starts tomorrow, in-game calendar is incorrect - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LTQ starts tomorrow, in-game calendar is incorrect

Lurker
    Post Count
    Guess you get what you pay for, huh Agent Orange?

Oh wait...this game is free.

Gamers are the biggest group of whining pussies on the face of the earth.

Thanks for the clarification, CJ.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Business Time 7 View Post

Difficult to strategize in this game with almost no information and misinformation at times.

This is the issue from the customer perspective!!! Well put.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chump View Post
    Guess you get what you pay for, huh Agent Orange?

Oh wait...this game is free.

Gamers are the biggest group of whining pussies on the face of the earth.

Thanks for the clarification, CJ.
    Yes I'm sure that those who have spent hundreds to thousands of dollars are over the moon!
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert View Post
    CJ, for players in Europe or other timezones, please be more specific. For us in Europe tomorrow means Wednesday May 29. Please state date, time AND timezone as this game is played worldwide. Please confirm start LTQ on Tuesday May 28, 20:00 W-Europe time
    That is actually a very good question. I read his post and assumed he meant tomorrow as in the 28th but if you look at the date stamp on his message tomorrow could actually mean the 29th.

Actually to make things even more confusing he refers to the incorrect start date as today 27th even though his post is date stamped a day later.

CJ could you please post the actual dates please.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    There are many problems with your statement, I guess you have not been playing Modern War very long and therefore unaware of all the issues we have had in the past not the least of which are deadlines not being met. Since this is loosely a strategy game one would expect that it's players employ some strategy. Which can be difficult when game parameters are in a constant state of flux.

The complaints are born from the ongoing frustration of little to no communications from the company. Again a long standing issue and though things are considerably better then when I first started playing in Nov 2011 they are still far from ideal.

It seems to me that the programmers do what they please, screw deadlines and then hang support out to dry and face the irate customer base. Not an uncommon problem within smaller software companies where design staff are intensely into the product but totally fail to understand the importance of maintaining communications with their customer base.

Have you not wondered why there is a thread on here about wait times for support replies? Could it be an anomaly or perhaps it's actually a problem.

Then to make matters worse the parent company Gree is whittling or perhaps the better word is carving away at the remains of Funzio the original developers of this game as well as the one you use as your avatar...

So I assume if the person making your burger spits on it you would find that acceptable?
    Very well put. i don't have a fraction of your game experience, but I was pleased just to have any communication from CJ at all. It seemed a couple of months ago, all these complaints just disappeared into the ether, but at least now we are getting 'yes, it is a problem, we are working on it'

Admittedly, it would be better if the response was 'here is the fix, this is when it will be implemented', but baby steps, I guess.

I'll wait and see if these fixes, like this one and the loot item bonus stacking are actually put into place, or if the can just gets kicked down the road.
    Col
    Faction ID: 975-498-211
    Health Regen Time -22%
    Bldg Def: + 15%
    Inf Def: + 20%
    Grd Def: + 15%
    Air Def: + 20%
    Bldg Output: + 10%

Banned
    Post Count
    You should buy more gold. It will make you feel better. ~ Gree

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    its quit simple really

Gree works with PDT, but are in Japan, and are on the next date already theirselves.

So, If CJ posts at 1048PM, that the event will start tomorrow, this could very well be the day after
    tomorrow, since Gree is already on "tomorrow"

Just imagine a phonecall between CJ and Gree HQ ( better not, you dont wanna go there)

the solution is very very very simple.

Gree, go on GMT

CJ, IN EVERY POST you should state a time and date like D/H/GMT

fi:
    event will start on 28/20:00/GMT

everybody happy

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    The in-game calendar stating that the LTQ was supposed to start today is incorrect. The LTQ is scheduled to start tomorrow.
    Is this that difficult to understand, regardless of in what continent/country/timezone you are located? It starts 24 hours after the in-game calendar says it would start.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    There are many problems with your statement, I guess you have not been playing Modern War very long and therefore unaware of all the issues we have had in the past not the least of which are deadlines not being met. Since this is loosely a strategy game one would expect that it's players employ some strategy. Which can be difficult when game parameters are in a constant state of flux.
    Expecting much more than mindless clicking and a little bit of economy planning from this game is silly. If you want strategy step up to tic-tac-toe then maybe step up to checkers.

Post Count

The complaints are born from the ongoing frustration of little to no communications from the company. Again a long standing issue and though things are considerably better then when I first started playing in Nov 2011 they are still far from ideal.

It seems to me that the programmers do what they please, screw deadlines and then hang support out to dry and face the irate customer base. Not an uncommon problem within smaller software companies where design staff are intensely into the product but totally fail to understand the importance of maintaining communications with their customer base.

Have you not wondered why there is a thread on here about wait times for support replies? Could it be an anomaly or perhaps it's actually a problem.

Then to make matters worse the parent company Gree is whittling or perhaps the better word is carving away at the remains of Funzio the original developers of this game as well as the one you use as your avatar...

So I assume if the person making your burger spits on it you would find that acceptable?
    Well, that's what you get when you assume.

I started playing CC the 2nd week of August 2011. I started playing every other Funzio game the day they were launched. Doesn't change my observation.

And I would not find it acceptable if someone making my "burger" spit on it, I just wouldn't do business with them. That is an option for you as well, rather than crafting bad analogies.

You are dealing with a company that is not very good at many of the things they do. That is patently obvious by now. So, do you continue to spend money hoping somehow that will change? Do you complain to the heavens hoping you will find somebody to listen? Or do you perhaps treat the game the way it should be treated, and let the market sort it out?

Your call, and not my problem.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I created this account just to let everyone know how sad it was that this game and the forum had degraded to.

My previous account which had less than 10 total post was pban without any given warning or notice for just 1 post in this thread. I admit its a trolling image, but that's about it.

Anyway, I had spend more than 1000 SGD on this game since I started on this game more than 1 year ago but the amount of problems and screwing with players and customers are just increasing by the day.

I do not regret spending the amount as I got a chance to meet real good people and friends in the faction I am in.
    But the spending stops here. And good luck to gree and its lousy game...

(ps: if anyone wants to know what the trolling image was, please email me glyfone(at)yahoo.com)

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jkppkj View Post
    Expecting much more than mindless clicking and a little bit of economy planning from this game is silly. If you want strategy step up to tic-tac-toe then maybe step up to checkers.
    Perhaps at certain levels and certain spending your anti-strategy statement is correct.
    But for many of us, that spend between oh say $30/month there is a lot of strategy and the difference between 499th place and 550th is important.
    There are many strategies and methods of play that can be used based on the player or factions goals and time commitment.

The issue we all have with the events not starting is the fact that it messes up strategies, sleep times, and faction member development.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hey, hope you had a great holiday, CJ, and thanks for leaving us waiting around all day. Pathetic bunch of mules

Post Count
    I keep wondering why they make these announcement type posts and don't lock them. Maybe the first 2-3 posts are worthwhile questions that deserve attention - while the 100 posts that follow are generally nonsense.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    They should just make MW the same as KA and not put out a schedule at all.