XP only for reward for LTQ REALLY? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XP only for reward for LTQ REALLY?

Post Count
    I think these limited time quest events are Gree's response to the numerous complaints from the higher level players regarding the boss events. Before the LTQ events were introduced, there was absolutely no reason to level up in this game. In fact, this is the first game I've played where leveling up is a bad thing. Not only is it virtually impossible to complete the epic boss events, but during syndicate wars, the higher levels are the biggest targets. Meanwhile the low level campers were able to cruise through the epic boss events collecting 40+ items as rewards which the higher levels couldn't.

Now with the LTQs, the higher levels, who presumably have larger energy pools, actually have an advantage and can collect nice items along the way. It forces the lower levels to make a choice as to whether they want to keep camping, or participate in the LTQs and level up in the process.
    Blackwidow - Level 200

Post Count
    It could be worse, it could be better. Just play the game that's in front of you. At least they haven't given you a henchmen as a prize. YET.
    []

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    It's a fantastic thing. The game now involves making a decision on whether you will make one sacrifice for a certain set of rewards, or a different sacrifice for a different set of rewards. In other words, players are forced to make a strategic decision.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger3 View Post
    Call me old fashioned but XP is the only way to measure who's winning the game.

I want to know who the person is that can do the most jobs and win the most fights. Fancy stats are window dressing if you don't use them.

Next event a weekly prize for most XP?!
    that's how i play....I don't camp.....I have taken up farming but with these LTQ events you can't farm.

I'm level 195 and have 38K fights won and 31K robberies. Camping is boring. I tried it for 3 days and got bored

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It's a compensation for boss events...if you are a camper...don't play ltq. Ltq is designed specifically for high lvl players who has a lot of energy

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger3 View Post
    Call me old fashioned but XP is the only way to measure who's winning the game.

I want to know who the person is that can do the most jobs and win the most fights. Fancy stats are window dressing if you don't use them.

Next event a weekly prize for most XP?!
    This is so a**backwards as to be amusing. Power is all that matters. Any idiot can get xp, its based on how much you play and has zero to do with how you play. More importantly, you get fewer points in battles if you are high level and others get more for hitting you. The only advantage levels brings is access to items and some stat points which dont matter once you hit about 125 anyways. IPH wise you can do fine building as you go leveling reasonably and keeping the high end buildings till you can actually build them and upgrade them.

This coming from a camper who put on 60 levels in the last 6 weeks or so. I dont mind xp for something worthwhile even if its cash I dont need since its so piddly anyways. Its just insulting to get xp as a reward.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure his point is that the fact that XP is a negative is, at best, a highly unusual feature of CC.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count

Level 32 never able to do a mission events

What is the minimum level to do a mission event? I am level 32 currently but have never been able to do any mission event other than crates and boss level.

Banned
    Post Count
    You're not just getting XP as a reward in LTQ. Same as you're not just getting influence as a reward in Syndicate (unless you're doing it wrong). These events just use those resulting points earned from level of participation to determine who gets what items.

I agree that power determines who is best. I am also saying I use XP/IP to measure that power.

No?
    Last edited by HoneyBadger3; 05-29-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Poor grammar and sentence structure.