XP only for reward for LTQ REALLY?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XP only for reward for LTQ REALLY?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

XP only for reward for LTQ REALLY?

Discuss the utter stupidity (sorry needed 10 letters). Give me something I dont as a reward???

Post Count
    I guess campers will LOVE that !

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Those are qualifying rounds for endurance. Just like the Italian Jab event, every other goal had an item, although respect or even cash would be better than XP only.
    Crime City tenure: June 2012 - retired 8/10/14

Post Count
    It kinda made me laugh. If there's one prize that's guaranteed to annoy us all, it's prizes of nothing but yet more EXP. As if LTQs don't rack up the EXP it is. Let's play "guess the underpinning GREE strategy here" instead.

Post Count
    You blame who for that now?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    I'll take XP over a scavenger hunt any day. Thanks Gree for an event style that doesn't totally suck. Yeah, it sucks that there isn't a worthwhile reward for every step of the ltq, but it could be waaaaaay worse!

Figure I should give them credit where credit is due, since I am usually one of the first to talk about how bad they suck most of the time.

P.S.: for those of you who don't think it could be way worse, just keep talking about how much "XP only" sucks and I'm sure Gree will be more than happy to show you just how much worse it could be.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I personally like this event style. I grew tired of camping and started to just play the game, and this makes it more interesting. Now campers are at a disadvantage for not participating. I dislike crate events and I like events where you and your strategy are in control.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think XP only sucks. If every goal had an item, then there would be even more stat inflation. Only those who can, should. As dudeman said, it could be much worse.
    Crime City tenure: June 2012 - retired 8/10/14

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    they could just make half as many goals that are twice as long and not have the XP only levels...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post

P.S.: for those of you who don't think it could be way worse, just keep talking about how much "XP only" sucks and I'm sure Gree will be more than happy to show you just how much worse it could be.
    LMAO. That would be an incredibly sociopathic response to general debate. That would be like thinking that the company is run by an eleven year old with a restricted EQ.

Banned
    In Heaven fighting for Jesus against Commies
    Post Count
    No one in the game would want xp as a bonus unless there is a challenge prize for leveling up... which already happened. I can understand constant battles might be good for non-gold players to get free weapons but not xp. Gree isn't totally clueless and I think they are considering shutting down a certain gaming platform and seeing which game has more durability and running these constant events after events and not worry about burn out factor is kind of a test.

Or maybe they already have an "exit" date for CC and trying to milk as much money as possible and don't really care what players want.
    Last edited by Senator McCarthy; 05-27-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    LMAO. That would be an incredibly sociopathic response to general debate. That would be like thinking that the company is run by an eleven year old with a restricted EQ.
    Thank you...Finally, a voice of reason...
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Banned
    Post Count
    I was kind of wishing for a pvp LTG event.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdog View Post
    Discuss the utter stupidity (sorry needed 10 letters). Give me something I dont as a reward???
    You do realize net we are getting the same rewards. The cash is just coming with the item instead of by itself. Even 4 levels we are getting 2 items, 1 cash and 1 RP. Same as the last LTQ.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Agree dudeman!!
    While the XP is a bit high, you are getting good/free gear, can't really complain about that.
    You do get respect along the way too, be it small amounts, it's not just XP.

I like the fact they are trying to utilize all the game mechanics,like doing jobs, rather then just PVP or case events.
    I mean let's face it, this is the best deal you're going to get as far as stats per gold spent.
    And even if you don't spend gold, this is still a great event to get stronger.

They need to continue in this direction; where people stop being punished for playing the game. I like the boss events as much as anyone else, but I hate the fact campers can complete it, while veterans and people who played the game get the shaft.
    Last edited by TenderPlacebo; 05-27-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Call me old fashioned but XP is the only way to measure who's winning the game.

I want to know who the person is that can do the most jobs and win the most fights. Fancy stats are window dressing if you don't use them.

Next event a weekly prize for most XP?!
    Last edited by HoneyBadger3; 05-27-2013 at 11:14 AM.