Is There A Crime City Battle Guide?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is There A Crime City Battle Guide?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Is There A Crime City Battle Guide?

I have had a lot of people ask me too make a battle guide for them... but theres a few things of I am not sure of how to answer by myself.

Why is it that someone With lets say 40k attack... loses to someone with 36k defense? ( I had no answer for this)

The other thing that even myself I am not sure of...

Why is it some people I attack With Low Mafia, and a Lower level I get good Influence points per attack... but yet I attack someone with a higher level and higher defense... i get less points...

If I attack someone With a really low level and low defense I get nothing at all.

What is the Secret formula for approximately Determining Points scored per attack?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Not Going to lie Syns Guides are all outdated... except maybe the money building guides
    Some of the others suck now / are outdated

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    hmmm anyone?

Banned
    Post Count
    It's all random and the minute you think you have it figured out, it changes.

Abandon this pointless endeavour if you don't enjoy pointless headaches.

Or don't, whatever. Your call.

Consistent Contributor reesebutton's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcimz00 View Post
    why is it that someone With lets say 40k attack... loses to someone with 36k defense? ( I had no answer for this)
    1. Random number generator. Keeps a lil bit of uncertainty.
    2. Your opponent could have points in defence ability, its a wildcard that u can't see

Quote Originally Posted by Kcimz00 View Post
    why is it some people I attack With Low Mafia, and a Lower level I get good Influence points per attack... but yet I attack someone with a higher level and higher defense... i get less points...

If I attack someone With a really low level and low defense I get nothing at all.

What is the Secret formula for approximately Determining Points scored per attack?
    You score a range of points, and the ranges overlap. Generally u get a better range when defeating opponents high level than u, the higher the better.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    hmm i figured it was worth a shot.

I have been trying to figure out how like some people always get 400 - 500

and how some get 200 against the same people...

There have also been some people at a lower level that i have attacked that give me more points CONSISTANTLY

then attacking someone with a higher level CONSISTANTLY

Post Count
    40k attack losing to 36k is hardly surprising, and probably somewhat common. The game most definitely has a randomness factor attached to fights, where the difference in stats determines the odds of a victory, rather than the victor. E.g. perhaps something like if you have 15% more attack than the opponent's defense, you have an 80% chance at winning. Then the game determines the winner via some random draw (e.g. purely hypothetical, but perhaps something like if you have an 80% chance of winning, the numbers 1-80 are assigned to you while your opponent gets 81-100, and then the game randomly selects a number from 1 to 100 to determine the victor).

For those purposes, you need at least 25% more attack than your opponent's defense to be assured of a victory. I'm not sure what the figure is exactly, but I lost a few matches last syndicate war (over hundreds of attacks) with 25% more attack than their defense. So perhaps 30% is an even safer figure. If I had 40k attack, I wouldn't be dumping gold hits on anyone with a 30k defense or above. If their weakest player had a 35k defense, then I would use my free attacks on him, but not be surprised if I go 3 for 4.

The influence points seem to me to be based on level ranges and give a random amount of points in a given IP range. Again, I don't know what the exact figures are, but the top tier of influence points has to be an opponent at least 30 levels above you (I don't know the exact number, but it most certainly isn't less than 30, and probably not more than 50). I have no idea of the exact figures for lower level opponents, but the points work something like:

Opponent's level - your level Influence point range
    over 40 300-565 IP
    25 to 40 250-500
    0 to 24 200-450
    -24 to -1 150-350
    less than -25 50-100

These figures are total speculation/guesses on my part; I can't attest to the level ranges or the point ranges, mainly because I primarily attack players well above my level. I feel alright about the top range, as I don't think I've gotten less than 300 points or more than 565 points for an attack on someone more than 50 levels above me. I think the ranges are uniformly distributed-- that is, the average number of points for an attack on someone in that range is probably the midpoint of that range. So yeah, if you attack 4 times you might get something like 323, 500, 376, 442... but if you were to attack someone hundreds of times, I believe you'd start approaching the same number of average points for someone in a given "tier." So don't look at the IP result of one attack, look at the average number of IP over many attacks.

Also, I can't attest to this at all and perhaps a high level player can, but it seems like you get the max amount of IP points on someone level 250, even if you are fairly close to level 250 yourself? E.g. a level 235 player would average more points on a level 250 player than a level 135 player would on a level 150.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    40k attack losing to 36k is hardly surprising, and probably somewhat common. The game most definitely has a randomness factor attached to fights, where the difference in stats determines the odds of a victory, rather than the victor. E.g. perhaps something like if you have 15% more attack than the opponent's defense, you have an 80% chance at winning. Then the game determines the winner via some random draw (e.g. purely hypothetical, but perhaps something like if you have an 80% chance of winning, the numbers 1-80 are assigned to you while your opponent gets 81-100, and then the game randomly selects a number from 1 to 100 to determine the victor).

For those purposes, you need at least 25% more attack than your opponent's defense to be assured of a victory. I'm not sure what the figure is exactly, but I lost a few matches last syndicate war (over hundreds of attacks) with 25% more attack than their defense. So perhaps 30% is an even safer figure. If I had 40k attack, I wouldn't be dumping gold hits on anyone with a 30k defense or above. If their weakest player had a 35k defense, then I would use my free attacks on him, but not be surprised if I go 3 for 4.

The influence points seem to me to be based on level ranges and give a random amount of points in a given IP range. Again, I don't know what the exact figures are, but the top tier of influence points has to be an opponent at least 30 levels above you (I don't know the exact number, but it most certainly isn't less than 30, and probably not more than 50). I have no idea of the exact figures for lower level opponents, but the points work something like:

Opponent's level - your level Influence point range
    over 40 300-565 IP
    25 to 40 250-500
    0 to 24 200-450
    -24 to -1 150-350
    less than -25 50-100

These figures are total speculation/guesses on my part; I can't attest to the level ranges or the point ranges, mainly because I primarily attack players well above my level. I feel alright about the top range, as I don't think I've gotten less than 300 points or more than 565 points for an attack on someone more than 50 levels above me. I think the ranges are uniformly distributed-- that is, the average number of points for an attack on someone in that range is probably the midpoint of that range. So yeah, if you attack 4 times you might get something like 323, 500, 376, 442... but if you were to attack someone hundreds of times, I believe you'd start approaching the same number of average points for someone in a given "tier." So don't look at the IP result of one attack, look at the average number of IP over many attacks.

Also, I can't attest to this at all and perhaps a high level player can, but it seems like you get the max amount of IP points on someone level 250, even if you are fairly close to level 250 yourself? E.g. a level 235 player would average more points on a level 250 player than a level 135 player would on a level 150.
    Thank you big money... this was very insightful... If i decide to make a syndicate battle guide do you mind if I use some of that? I will credit your name as my source.

Post Count
    Sure, I don't mind. Most of that is speculation, except for the part about 30% more attack than opponent's defense being a safe margin for gold hits.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    do you happen to know the formula for a power attack btw big money?

Post Count
    A power attack uses 100HP in exchange for a 50% boost in your attack. So if I have a 200K attack, my power attack is 300K (200K + 50% of 200K = 200K + 100K). The rest of the fight proceeds as normal. I think it's common at the top syndicates to use a really weak player or players to power attack an opponent's DL. If you power attack a DL and win, the DL goes down which opens up the rest of their syndicate to attack (this happens whether or not the attack was a normal attack or a power attack). If you power attack the DL and lose, you take half of their shield points (that DL health bar), and they get the points for winning a fight (which is why you want a weak/low level player to do it, because the opponent gets a lot less points killing a level 10 than a level 200). Thus it would take two failed power attacks to take down an opponent's DL (as opposed to ten regular attacks). However, if you know you have a player that can kill their DL, you should use a normal attack to do so (since that player will only use 25HP to do so).

Aside from killing the DL, it's likely a mistake to use a power attack.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

I agree

I agree if you think you can beat them outright go ahead... but like myself my attack stats are only 120k something...

some of the other top 100 syndicates have defensive leaders around 150k - 200k.

Post Count
    i have a question

Situation:

i have 100HP , then i use "Attack" to my opponent 4 times . and i got 200 IP every attack , it means i got 800 IP for 4x attack .. this is the question ..

if i use "Power Attack" instead of "Attack" to my opponent , How many IP i get ?? it is higher than 4x "attack" ??

Banned
    Post Count
    Big Money beat me here... spot on.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JonHanFord View Post
    i have a question

Situation:

i have 100HP , then i use "Attack" to my opponent 4 times . and i got 200 IP every attack , it means i got 800 IP for 4x attack .. this is the question ..

if i use "Power Attack" instead of "Attack" to my opponent , How many IP i get ?? it is higher than 4x "attack" ??
    You would usually only use the power attack if you were hitting the DL and he was stronger than you... that would get your Syn half way to beating him.

You, as a low level player with very nice Attack would use a Power Attack to hit an EXTREMELY high level rival that has a pitiful defense score that you can almost guarantee a win against at 1.5x your attack. This can sometimes result in a ridiculous amount of IP given for winning that single attack. (though the level has to be so far higher than yours that this will rarely beat out using 4 attacks against someone you can beat with a regular attack)

Sometimes you will have a hideout that your team can't take down. It will be better for your weakest members to PA a rival and win than to hit the hideout for a measly 20IP four times. Most winning attacks pay our over 80IP.

tl:dr power attacks are almost exclusively for taking out a VERY high defense DL with two PAs from your weakest team members.
    Last edited by gambet1234; 05-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.