can we please given the option to sell our less powerful weapons??? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can we please given the option to sell our less powerful weapons???

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    That was a server-side issue, experienced by a huge portion of people.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    I think more people would care about having a feature where if you want to upgrade something that costs $100 and you only have $35 cash on hand a window will ask if you want to withdraw $65 from your bank. That way if you are bad at math you wont have to keep withdrawing or over withdraw and pay another 10%.

I personally dont care bc I have 0% bank fees but I have seen this in other games and it makes everything faster and easier.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The inventory is such a mess. Does not look of anything after a while.

Post Count
    Agreed 150% this needs to have sorting...
    Also with mafia - it's silly you have to scroll down pages and pages in order to get to the player you want to select.

They should include sort by name and allow you to select all mafia under A, B, C, etc...
    and also allow you to click on "view profile" (like viewing your syn members) rather than visit their hood just to do it

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    agree for the mafia sorting. Those should be basic options. What's the point otherwise.

Banned
    Post Count
    My thoughts from our Syndicate chat a couple days ago...

I'd love to see a weapon buy back system. every $10,000 of items would be worth a 5RP or something. I'm sure GREE would figure the numbers so you couldn't game the system... well, maybe they'd get it right after a couple tries and some associated nerfing!

Everyone would love to sell the items that they will never use again. It might have to be an IPH dependant system... wouldn't want high IPH players buying $100,000,000 of useless guns just to trade them in for assassin's coats every day.

Yes, I'd trade all my henchmen for a good item, too. They do actually serve a purpose, though. They prevent me from dropping down to 15 mafia and dropping off everyone's radar so I couldn't get robbed.

Since every item that isn't a consumable explosive will NEVER be used again this could be an automated process. You get a new piece of equipment and a pistol drops off your inventory and you get 1/2 the cost back. This would pay out a pittance for every pitiful scratcher prize for high level players, but at least their equipment list wouldn't be all clogged up.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberleyj View Post
    the only problem with that is what if people sell off their best weapons by mistake.
    Sounds like a personal problem.

That's what a confirm button is for.

I imagine this could make the game run much faster, on individual devices and through GREE's servers, if most players were running smaller inventories.
    Last edited by jkppkj; 05-26-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gambet1234 View Post
    Everyone would love to sell the items that they will never use again. It might have to be an IPH dependant system... wouldn't want high IPH players buying $100,000,000 of useless guns just to trade them in for assassin's coats every day.
    Then items should be traded in the same currency, at a loss. $1.000 worth of items can be sold for $500, 100 RP worth for 50 RP, but you'd just be stuck with event items in that case unless they were given arbitrary cash or RP values.

Post Count
    I don't like the idea of being able to sell weapons. It takes away one of the most strategic aspects of the game (though strategy in this game is quickly being replaced by gold), in which you need to decide whether to invest your money on IPH/buildings, or buy the strongest weapons available for your level (cash, RP, etc)-- a purchase that is meant for short term benefit at the cost of your long term gains (e.g. anyone who stocked up on RP items, only to have those weapons slowly become obsolete as cash items start surpassing them-- why should they be able to sell them and get anything back for purchase on the next tier of RP/cash items? What about the guy who lived with weaker stats while saving his RP/cash for better weapons down the road, why should he be punished?)

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggsy View Post
    I think we just need to be able to sort our weapons so we know what we should be buying to increase our stats, it's very time consuming trying to figure it out by scrolling through your inventory..
    +1 for sorting.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    I don't like the idea of being able to sell weapons. It takes away one of the most strategic aspects of the game (though strategy in this game is quickly being replaced by gold), in which you need to decide whether to invest your money on IPH/buildings, or buy the strongest weapons available for your level (cash, RP, etc)-- a purchase that is meant for short term benefit at the cost of your long term gains (e.g. anyone who stocked up on RP items, only to have those weapons slowly become obsolete as cash items start surpassing them-- why should they be able to sell them and get anything back for purchase on the next tier of RP/cash items? What about the guy who lived with weaker stats while saving his RP/cash for better weapons down the road, why should he be punished?)
    At a 50% loss there's still a very significant long term cost to buying up mid-level items instead of holding out.

I think this could also open up the door to add in new items without punishing existing players too much; it would be nice to see some new cash options.

Either way +1 for sorting.

Consistent Contributor reesebutton's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yes to sorting

Yes to selling of inventory, but it should be for the same currency it was bought for, and at a huge loss. We shouldn't be able to exchange cash for respect IMO.

I'd sell a load of my useless walthers and low level explosives. Mainly to keep my inventory lean.

Post Count
    Sorting would be great in the game. I like to have spread sheets with my items on and to sort them into order of highest attack would be great.

King Snot

Banned
    Post Count
    Welcome to the Forum Snot!

Articulate Author Tommy Two Toes's Avatar
    Post Count
    Maybe Gree can hire the consultant who runs the LAPD gun buyback program. A $50 gift card to Ralph's for every handgun turned in sounds pretty sweet to me.