War every two weeks - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: War every two weeks

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Sexy Calindra;783229]I saw a post that normal players are playing only 3-4 time a day during wars... This means that you are playing in a guild that is not really powerful. Good guilds are not tolerating players with low points because of lack of participation. This is in order to be fair with others who spent their time to build their community for a common goal. We are indeed having a lot of fun in our guild. We are still relaxed for a top 65 guild! As I said however, having less than 5000 points per global event is dangerous for you to get kicked out./QUOTE]

Do not assume, the way you know is the only way things work. A good guild is not a necessarily the guild that is rank #15. A better guild is not the guild that is #14.
    A good guild is a guild where the members enjoy and want to stay. It has nothing to do with the number of points or wallet.
    I belong in a guild that has been top25 for three wars now. IN my guild in every war there have always been 10 players who have had less than 7-8k points. Why?
    For a million of reasons, some which include attending sister with cancer, neighbor's 50th anniversary party, son's wedding, security mission to middle east, romantic weekend with wife and more.

So, in some guilds, you are removed for scoring low. Not in every guild, though. And you think you are in a relaxed guild??/

just saying....

Banned
    Post Count
    Guess you didn't read my first post, Alleran. There's no dilemma when both sides can see what the other is doing.

Hope that settles it for you.

Retard! Hah!

Post Count
    Hello,

You misunderstood my comment regarding the number of points. In my guild, if you have whatever reasons and you inform the leader and officers, there is no problem since we understand that we are all having personal lives and we have some duties. The problem is when people do not communicate....

Trust me, I sincerely doubt that your top 25 guild will tolerate a member who will always win less than 5000 points every war. Once in a while, no problem but every war.... Let me smile at it! Easy to check, at the end of every war, we just need to see the posts in the guild recruiting forum! The main topic is... we got rid of the deadwood, we are recruiting.....

Again, this is a question to be fair for everyone involved. Nonetheless, perharps my word good guild was not used adequately. Excuse my english, this is not my native language. The truth is, I sincerely doubt that the first top 100 guilds will tolerate members that repeatedly bank less than 5000 points per war.

Still, if you all think that you can sustain war every weekend, WOW you have sincerely salutations. At one point, at that pace, I will surely be kicked out of my guild and will do something else.... Afterall, remember, a game is a game. It does not replace your family members...
    Retired founder of HOD! Life is so nice without GREE!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by klevito View Post
    Do not assume, the way you know is the only way things work. A good guild is not a necessarily the guild that is rank #15. A better guild is not the guild that is #14.
    A good guild is a guild where the members enjoy and want to stay. It has nothing to do with the number of points or wallet.
    I belong in a guild that has been top25 for three wars now. IN my guild in every war there have always been 10 players who have had less than 7-8k points. Why?
    For a million of reasons, some which include attending sister with cancer, neighbor's 50th anniversary party, son's wedding, security mission to middle east, romantic weekend with wife and more.

So, in some guilds, you are removed for scoring low. Not in every guild, though. And you think you are in a relaxed guild??/

just saying....
    Some people treat this game as a second life, therefore the competitiveness. They claim otherwise, but any reasonable bystander will tell you they are just in denial. It is what it is.

Post Count
    And just to let you know that I play MW as well and my guild is a weak guild (top 832 last war).... and I do love my faction...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Now that the boycott is not significant anymore, I believe GREE will throw more events and more frequently. The top guilds can't do anything due to their own addiction to the game and position in war. I for one, enjoy more events more frequently because I don't have the urge to complete all the quests or events. And it also means there is always an event everyday. I am FREE from addiction.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by klevito View Post
    Dragcro.

Having followed several of your posts (not by choice, rather than can not help but notice them), it has helped create an idea of your character (as a poster). No, i do not claim to know you.

The above post alone, speaks volumes and it shows

1- Narrow mindedness
    2- Arrogance
    3- A hint of ignorance and lack of tolerance

There are other types of players out there, as much as it's hard for you to grasp it. Players who don't care that much missing on a war or their prizes.
    To you and your type of players, a war is meant to be played 20/24 hrs and in each battle to not miss a hit. Be constantly online, answer roll calls, report and repeat that for 3 days. It's exhausting, tiring and painful.
    That's the only way you have learned to approach a war and therefore you dread the next war because you know it will drain you.
    It's the cost of wanting and being in a top 10 guild.

BUT, believe others when they say they don't lose sleep over missing on a pixel beast. Most players, take part only in 3-4 battles/day.
    Normal players will have meals with families without checking the phone to put a last minute hit.
    Normal players will tend the garden on weekends, despite war
    Normal players will take the kids out during the day on weekends
    Normal players will sleep and take naps

Normal people's life are not affected by the war, so why not having them more often?

That's not your kind of life, but acknowledge that others have different life than you.
    And after you open your eyes and see around, don't be too quick to judge people different from you as being inferior or their actions and wishes "making no sense"
    I think the issue here is that the people who you term as 'normal' players aren't funding the game. Obviously this is a massive generalisation, but the people who splash the cash on gems are generally speaking the ones who are online as much as possible over the war.

Sure from the 'normal' players point of view it might be great to have wars more regularly, but that isn't very advisable from Gree's point of view when it results in the majority of their paying customers getting annoyed and losing interest in the game.
    Proud Member of:

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewsy View Post
    I think the issue here is that the people who you term as 'normal' players aren't funding the game. Obviously this is a massive generalisation, but the people who splash the cash on gems are generally speaking the ones who are online as much as possible over the war.

Sure from the 'normal' players point of view it might be great to have wars more regularly, but that isn't very advisable from Gree's point of view when it results in the majority of their paying customers getting annoyed and losing interest in the game.
    Well said! Cannot be better! the normal players here should be considered as the paying customers! Without them, there is no game! Period. I am not normal since I never gave a penny for this game.... and I admit it.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    There are thousands of such games out there. Different graphic and names, same business model and game mechanism.

- Game needs players, looooots of players to become playable and famous (unlike solitare, you can not play KA alone or with only a handful of players)
    - Game needs paying customers
    - Paying customers need other players to beat on or compare with in order to feel good about being on top of the pile.

Most paying players are buying stuff because they like to stay on top of the pile (the pile of players). The pile is the majority which makes the paying customer feel one of the few or different from "normal".
    That's how these games work

If after spending money in a free game, someone was considered "normal", that would make no sense.

Banned
    Post Count
    That's a very nice assumption you make there!

So let me make an assumption in return. High spenders drive away free, low and moderate spenders. Therefore for every high spender that quits the game, 100 or even 1,000 low/moderate spenders will be attracted back to the game and replace the high spender. Gree gets revenue either way. The combined revenue from the mass of small spenders would be higher too.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

I'd prefer a guild war once a month

Quote Originally Posted by fredr View Post
    GREE I hope we can have a war every two weeks. I love this game in its present format. Not a popular thing to say on here I know.
    War every two weeks is great fun and fun is why I joined the game. I will not be in a guild that spends thousands and thousands on being number 1 in the guild wars, but we do compete well at level 300 constantly. The gems boycott and the USA's veterans weekend has helped us into the top 75!

I am sure as the weekend goes on the boycott will faulter and we will drop in the rankings. Gives us something to chuckle about though.

Thanks again for making the game more interesting than camping for days and weeks at a time....

It would be beneficial to have a guild war once a month so more people can participate better plus then guild wars can be carried out for month on end. the way its going the ideas for rewards diminished the first guild wars rewards were ridiculous for the top 3 guilds each one of those rewards was enough to be just in one war each as the top prize.