In memory of Memorial Weekend - NO to Darkhome under Siege

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: In memory of Memorial Weekend - NO to Darkhome under Siege

Post Count

In memory of Memorial Weekend - NO to Darkhome under Siege

This weekend there will be a war - Darkhome under Siege. For the last three wars we have been successful in a Top 50 placing.

We have decided as a Guild not to participate in this war.

We don't believe that these wars should be so frequent. We certainly believe it should not be on Memorial Weekend. Though we have good representation across international barriers, we believe our American members should not have to fight wars on this weekend.

It was bad enough that we had Easter Weekend, which was difficult for our Christian members. Then it was Mother's Day - making it uncomfortable for our families. But enough is enough.

We all have choices. We can fight. Or we don't. We can fight with gems, or we can do it gem free. Ultimately, we have a choice to take a stand. And our decision is to say NO to Darkhome under Siege.

This weekend The Crusaders will not be fighting. We will spend time with our families. We will honour Memorial Weekend.

And we will be back for the next war.

Thank you for reading this message and we respect the decision of our guild member and every guild to do what they believe is right.
    Last edited by Crusader Shout; 05-24-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    Shout (Guild Leader)
    www.thecrusaders.info
    "Where the Strong Play for Fun"

Consistent Contributor nicsonology's Avatar
    Post Count
    Just yr guild choice.... I dun understand y hv to make an announcement ....??
    KA - nic - 714 078 305

Lurker
    Post Count
    The next battle is scheduled for Father's Day. Are you not going to honor fathers by sitting that one out?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    In the UK we honour our fallen on the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month, we call it Remembrance Day.

If we follow the lead of a reason not to play a game on a weekend to a GOBAL game we will never play.

I respect your guilds decision not to participate, please do not blame GREE for providing a platform for me to play whilst you are not.

Consistent Contributor Eddard KFF's Avatar
    Post Count
    Good for you guys. And what's with the haters? Holidays or not, any guild can choose to fight or skip the war.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword

Join us:
    K.A. TAP 649189477 MIC 184578761
    C.C. DRA 255523694

Lurker
    Post Count
    Why is it, every time I see one of these boycott threads, PCU pops in my head....

Post Count

Smile

I have to admit that this is annoying for me to fight on weekends where there are holidays. But since this is indeed a worldwide event, this would make no sense to try to avoid some weekends. This would then be too complicated to GREE. I understand this and I accept it. Nonetheless, I have to admit as well that having wars every two weeks is way too much! We are all having our families, personaly lives and having war every two weeks is too much. This is especially true for me since I also play Modern War. I am officer in both factions/guilds..... I am loyal to my fellow members but this is indeed hard to play as often. Once per month was much better.

Note that since this is a worldwide game, any attempts to boycott or make pressure on Gree will most likely not work. There will always be some players or guilds that will try to win in those situations. My salutations to you and your members for boycotting this war but I am affraid that you may regret this choice later on. However, we all need to remember that this is a game and should stay a game. Perhaps, you are right by not participating.....
    Retired founder of HOD! Life is so nice without GREE!

Post Count
    Thanks for the feedback and as I have said we respect the right of every guild to do what they believe is right, for various reasons.

To have a war every two weeks is unsustainable. Simple as that.
    Shout (Guild Leader)
    www.thecrusaders.info

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Respect and a hand salute to you and your guild crusader shout.

Consistent Contributor Namine33's Avatar
    Post Count
    While, yes, this is a global game, it seems to be targetting *American* Holidays. We just had a war for Mothers Day weekend, and look, now 2 weeks later, another War. Then I am sure Fathers Day weekend.

What happened to once a month or every XX weeks?
    Now, since Fathers Day is the last weekend 'holiday' until September, are they going to target mid week holidays? Or are we not going to have a war until September?
    Namine -
    821-146-375
    Rogue: 190k attack at lvl 112 w/173allies
    (update) 2.8M/3.4M at lvl 143 w/500allies

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Crusader Shout, my greatest respect to you and your guild mates for not participating and also for respecting others who do choose to participate.

The Art of War

"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot [fight] will be victorious". - Sun Tzu

"There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare". -Sun Tzu

Post Count
    Thank you for sharing...
    Allied Forces United is looking for new members. Ask me for details.

Add me on GroupMe @ txbigball@yahoo.com!

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my mentally disturbed, physically abusive, cold dead hand!"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Good for you, we fight gem free this war

Most of the guilds we have faced are also fighting gem free this weekend. A few (FUN) choose to use gems, forcing others to do so. No respect for them. And because not many are using gems, we are close to the same place we normally are. If all members were online instead of at the lakes and rivers, we probably would be. 2 weeks between wars is not enough. Gree would have understood better if guilds like FUN weren't such butts about being first at all costs.

Post Count
    Overalll, it is good to see that most guilds are indeed honourable and fighting gem free. We were concerned about the level of support and decided to send the strongest message we could.

I suspect as we go forward in the game there will be other changes, such as alliances between guilds. We are open to discuss a more collaborative approach with guilds that are top 25, or top 75 or top 100.

A guild of guilds at different rankings could become a very effective way of dealing with too frequent wars, grouping active players together, keen to fight a specific war.
    Shout (Guild Leader)
    www.thecrusaders.info