Post Count

I guess boss events weren't making enough money for gree

Is this the end of the loved boss events, share your thoughts

♡Sunnyvale¤ Don Uzoma
    107 310 437

♥Sunnyvale⊙ Ak Killah
    497 759 293

Post Count
    I think the recent stat inflation may have made the boss events too attainable for too many people. Sure, that would also decrease gold spent on boss events. I would have preferred for them to reset the tiers to balance the overall increased player stats.

Consistent Contributor psxnitro's Avatar
    Post Count
    Funny thing is, the only event I spent gold in is boss events.
    CC 761 639 639 Camper
    MW 963 806 461 Camper

Lurker
    Post Count
    GREE loves to take away what we love. They don't care a about what the players want, they just care about how much money they can take from us in the fastest possible way!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Wow just noticed that there is no obvious boss in this one. Maybe they gonna do the KA thing and align a boss event with another event?

Post Count
    Well at least we are getting good items with boss event you 1 of 3 chance of getting a rare. At least LTQ you can't be disappointed because you know what you are getting

Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    Post Count
    Maybe boss event will be in the next line-up. Seems they will be testing a new type of event with the "paying what you owe event". My guess is that it will be pure PVP as the current one is pure PVE

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Would it be nice if one of the Mods response to these questions.just to shed light on players/paying customers.for sure it will prevent more speculations or worse tickets to answer....

Post Count
    Somewhere I was wondering with the last final boss prize - was this a last hurray? The item was better by a big jump, sorta going out in style...

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I'd be very surprised if an average tier 5 player could beat a boss for anywhere near as little gold as is required to finish LTQ. I did it in a couple of hours for less than 2k. Finishing off boss 40 for that requires raw stats around 150k, from memory.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The only money I spent on any events is the Boss event.

It might provide stat inflation, but if anything, they should just scale down the prizes for those. Like upgrading the pagoda/dside mill gives you a dangerously strong item, I would rather the boss event have a weaker item than not have it at all.

otherwise its only the cheap gold buildings like for me.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Wow, they get rid of the boss events after I finally beat the tier 1 boss 40 for free. At least it it gives me a reason to stop levelling up.

Proud Member of Bones, top 10 now

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    I'd be very surprised if an average tier 5 player could beat a boss for anywhere near as little gold as is required to finish LTQ. I did it in a couple of hours for less than 2k. Finishing off boss 40 for that requires raw stats around 150k, from memory.
    For Tier 4 or Tier 5? Tier 4 is ~118k. Tier 5 is ~847k.

I can remember these because I've responded to your posts about them before.

I don't know why they got rid of the boss events (if they even did), but IMO if it was about money, they should fix the tiers to make level 40 attainable for a higher percentage of players (i.e. looking solely at Tier 5). If the goal was to discourage camping, they could even do so by making the Tier 1 boss disproportionately high and the Tier 4-5 boss in reach of the top 10% of players (or whatever percentage of players at the top spend gold). Go ahead and let the FC players be able to do it for free, GREE will get their money from other events anyway. No need to use them as the benchmark for everyone else (IIRC weren't the tiers first set by looking at the stats of the top X% of players?). If I was GREE, I would look at what percentage of top players spend gold, and then put level 40 just out of their reach. It would not be hard at all to figure out what the boss health should be to maximize gold spending. Hell, they could even limit the FC-strength members from abusing the events by making the level 40 boss have a reasonable amount of health (perhaps something like 13 * 300k), but make the level 41+ bosses quickly increase in health, so that people who could crush such a boss (looking at you, 1mil+ attackers) from being able to earn too many free boss loot items after 40.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    For Tier 4 or Tier 5? Tier 4 is ~118k. Tier 5 is ~847k.

I can remember these because I've responded to your posts about them before.

I don't know why they got rid of the boss events (if they even did), but IMO if it was about money, they should fix the tiers to make level 40 attainable for a higher percentage of players (i.e. looking solely at Tier 5). If the goal was to discourage camping, they could even do so by making the Tier 1 boss disproportionately high and the Tier 4-5 boss in reach of the top 10% of players (or whatever percentage of players at the top spend gold). Go ahead and let the FC players be able to do it for free, GREE will get their money from other events anyway. No need to use them as the benchmark for everyone else (IIRC weren't the tiers first set by looking at the stats of the top X% of players?). If I was GREE, I would look at what percentage of top players spend gold, and then put level 40 just out of their reach. It would not be hard at all to figure out what the boss health should be to maximize gold spending. Hell, they could even limit the FC-strength members from abusing the events by making the level 40 boss have a reasonable amount of health (perhaps something like 13 * 300k), but make the level 41+ bosses quickly increase in health, so that people who could crush such a boss (looking at you, 1mil+ attackers) from being able to earn too many free boss loot items after 40.
    I was saying to beat tier 5 for 2000 gold needs those stats (again - estimate, but I'm definitely ballpark). This event can be completed pretty much for free, if you're patient and don't let your energy fill up.

And I definitely agree with you on boss tier 5. There's less than 10 players who can beat it for free. I have 1.15m attackl but my raw stats are still just under 200k short of beating it for free. It is clearly absurd. And they do need to limit that endless-boss killers, because even though they're friends of mine I still think it's crazy that a certain attack allows you to instantly add hundreds and hundreds of boss rares.

I'd say they're just looking to phase bosses and other events around. We didn't have a collect-20 last cycle. These short cycles don't allow for all event types to occur.

where is the problem?? I am at level 150 with stats around 190k..to beat the boss ist 5 times cheaper than this event, and you get only 4000xp points for boss and not 50.000 like this one. Believe me, it not so good as it looks like!!!
    I don't know what to say. Either you haven't paid any attention to what you're doing, or you're lying. Assuming that the 190k is your raw attack, not your total attack, you'd need 150 gold to defeat boss 40 (not any of the leadup bosses) at perfect health-pack usage, which is impossible when you use 15 health packs. Realistically it'd be around 300 gold.

For bosses 34-40 [my spreadsheet only includes bosses I spend on - you'd have to pay from boss 25] it'd be 900 gold total - at perfect health pack usage, which isn't possible for any of those bosses. So you're looking around 1500 at least for those 7, plus the other 9 you have to hit. Definitely over 2000 gold. Which, as I stated, is around what I used to finish a 5 day event in 2 hours.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    If the goal was to discourage camping, they could even do so by making the Tier 1 boss disproportionately high and the Tier 4-5 boss in reach of the top 10% of players (or whatever percentage of players at the top spend gold).
    This ist just one thing that should be changed. The main problem isn't camping per se, but camping that makes lower level players stronger than higher level players in absolute stats. If you don't tier items - like it was at the beginning for all the events - you run into issues. It's obvious.
    And things will get worse for the middle range if those low levels get "flushed up" with LTQs.