iOS or Android? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS or Android?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have an iPhone 4s and a Galaxy Tab 10.1, the iPhone absolutely destroys the Galaxy for speed, reliability, stability, ease of use and quality of apps.
    The only reason I gave the Android a try was because it was cheaper, I will replace it with an iPad next.
    People go on about how there are more apps available for android, but the quality of most of those apps is terrible, and using the same app on iOS and Android back to back is chalk and cheese, the iOS app will always feel smarter, faster and better thought out.

The new S4 looks cool as a phone though, and it is pretty tempting to head that way if Apple doesn't make some big improvements for the 5s.
    Active world 4 fighter

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SEC View Post
    keep dreaming. Unlike Android makers apple won't release tech until it is ready.
    Read as "until it gets cheap enough to allow them to maintain high profits without having to increase the price significantly to do so"

Quote Originally Posted by glitters View Post
    I've never used an Android phone but I just want to say that iPhone 5 feels like a cheap piece of plastic.
    You wouldn't like the Samsungs then, as they literally are cheap pieces of plastic (albeit with quality specs inside).

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This chart says it all.

Yet, look at the "phones owned" graph

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    iPhone is exclusive due to price. Kind of like a Ferrari. Android is what people in trailers use and say they have a 'smart phone'.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous They View Post
    Yet, look at the "phones owned" graph
    Again, companies aren't making phone as a charity they are making phones to make profits. All those Android phones being sold are mostly cheap sub $200 crap phones running a 3 year old version of Android. They don't surf, don't use apps, and certainly don't buy apps. They are flip phones. Look at the percentage of iOS vs Android for actual web usage.

How long do you think HTC and all those companies can keep making Android phones if they aren't making any profit?Take all those tens of millions of cheap Android phones used in 3rd world countries and Android isn't nearly as dominant in market share. The only statistic that should matter to a company and it's shareholders is profits and Apple is doing pretty well there.

Ask Gree which they prefer. Ever wonder why the Android version of MW is so inferior to the iOS version? They didn't even bother making a Android version of Kingdom age. Android is a malware infested mess build on a cheap Java knock off. They can't ever code themselves out of the inherent deficiencies at the core of Android. Throw all the overclocked cores you want at it and an iPhone will generally smoke it in actual use. Having said that I do wish Apple would make a larger version of the iPhone around 4.5" to maybe 4.8". But I use my iPad at home so not really that much of an issue as it used to be before I bought an iPad.
    Faction ID: 969 784 353 Top 250 Faction
    Bonuses improving all the time! Recruiting now!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ask Gree which they prefer. Ever wonder why the Android version of MW is so inferior to the iOS version?
    The game was initially made for iOS and then ported to Android, so it's rather obvious why it would work better on the OS it was actually designed for, although there are still plenty of issues in the iOS version.

Banned
    Post Count
    iPhone is exclusive due to price. Kind of like a Ferrari. Android is what people in trailers use and say they have a 'smart phone'.
    A "Ferrari" that has lesser specs and costs less than something mainstream. Cut the fanboyism please.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The difference is iOS polices their product. Where Android is a free for all.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I hope it stays that way. I have no issue with shelling out 500-1000 for an iOS product knowing someone is looking out for me.

Banned
    Post Count
    Where I am, iPhone 5 is cheaper than the latest Android phones.

Banned
    Post Count

ios or android

What is your opinion?

Here is mine. Even without Steve Jobs, I still like iOS. Android was first brought online as 'open source' which is cute for an initial launch but a really bad idea in the stretch. As time has shown, give them the code, and lunacy will run rampant. On iOS I have never had a solicitor call me. Nor have I ever had my identity stolen. Unlike my friends on Android.

Google has made a ton without caring about the long term. Android has 68% of the market bc it is the ghetto OS. Cheap, easy, open source. Ok, maybe Blackberry has become somewhat the definitive ghetto. Android is not far behind.
    It depends. If you want an account that is glitchy and unstable but cannot be stolen by hackers who gets fat sitting in their computer all day distributing itunes card to his members, go with android. Otherwise, ios.

Post Count
    I used to have an Android before I switched to an iPhone so I am familiar with both platforms. I was surprised to hear that Google no longer allows apps to be stored on SD cards since 4.2. With many phones only including 16GB internal storage of which over half of that is taken up by the system itself that doesn't really leave a lot of room for apps. I realize you can still use an SD card for photos, video, and music but even so that was a surprise move. I understand the reason they did this was because of stability issues.

I have a feeling that iOS 7 will really blow people away this year. It is supposed to be the biggest release since they added an app store. These phone wars are actually silly and remind me of the Windows vs. Mac wars years ago. Use what you like and be happy with it.

Banned
    Post Count
    If your criterion is playability of Gree games, then iOS is the obvious choice.

Banned
    Post Count
    Don't expect any miracles without Jobs around.

I used to have an Android before I switched to an iPhone so I am familiar with both platforms. I was surprised to hear that Google no longer allows apps to be stored on SD cards since 4.2. With many phones only including 16GB internal storage of which over half of that is taken up by the system itself that doesn't really leave a lot of room for apps. I realize you can still use an SD card for photos, video, and music but even so that was a surprise move. I understand the reason they did this was because of stability issues.

I have a feeling that iOS 7 will really blow people away this year. It is supposed to be the biggest release since they added an app store. These phone wars are actually silly and remind me of the Windows vs. Mac wars years ago. Use what you like and be happy with it.

Post Count
    Don't expect any miracles without Jobs around.
    I didn't expect any miracles when he was around. He built a solid team at Apple. Tim Cook, Jonny Ive, and so many others are perfectly capable of continuing the tradition he started. He was a great CEO but an even better teacher and Apple has a lot of very smart folks running the show now. If you think Apple was Steve Jobs you are very mistaken. They will likely release one or more products in the next two years that will be as big as the iPad. It may be a new Apple TV that destroys the market for Xbox and playstation, it may be a wearable wrist watch type computer accessory, it might be a new car entertainment system, or something none of us ever thought of which is the most likely. But it will be insanely great on that you can be sure.

If your criterion is playability of Gree games, then iOS is the obvious choice.
    Actually even the Google apps work better on iOS as well in my experience. I have never had an app crash on iOS even once and even google apps can crash on Android and seem to lag and crash. I don't know of any app made for both platforms that you can say works better in Android. So what is your excuse for that?
    Last edited by SEC; 05-21-2013 at 11:11 PM.