GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Regeneration-the short explanation

Consistent Contributor steveo127's Avatar
    Post Count

Health Regeneration-the short explanation

*DISCLAIMER*
    This is in NO way an attempt to explain whether or not GREE does/will honor bonuses on units which you have more than one of.

Alright, if you are a seasoned veteran of this game, then don't bother reading this. This is addressed to all of those people who still have a difficulty understanding the way the game generates Health Regeneration Time....

Instead of reading the bonus as "-20% health regeneration time" , instead just read it as "20% faster health regeneration"...

for all of you doubters on GREE's math, this should help you to understand.

the initial time it takes to regenerate 1/4 full health so that you can use 1 hit in a boss event is 25 minutes.

let's say you have 1 unit which gives a "-20% health regen"...errr wait! we're calling it "20% faster health regeneration" now!!

what's 20% of 25?....5.

therefore you would have a regeneration time of 20 minutes. now let's assume that this was the regeneration rate for the last boss event in Ireland...

so now you come here to this current PVE LTQ and get the First Strike Tomcat! hip hip hooray!!! another "-20% health reg" oh shoot, nearly forgot!! we're calling it "20% faster health regeneration" !!

so now, going into this new Boss event starting May 24th, what will your new regeneration time be? well what's 20% of 20?....4.

so now in the Madagascar Boss Event, you'll have a health regeneration time of 16 minutes.

notice that we did not do: 20% + 20% = 40% * 25 = 10 minutes, 25-10 = 15 minutes health regen. time.

that is not how it works....

so let's get a bit more complex and say we have 1/6 of the 5% health regeneration bonuses that you can purchase when in a faction...so let's say you're in a really new faction that can't afford a lot of bonuses...

in Ireland, your regen. time would be 5% faster health regen. than 25 minutes.

wha's 5% of 25?....1.25 minutes....so your new health regeneration time would be 23 minutes 45 seconds.....

so when you get 5/6 of the faction health regen. bonuses you should have 25% of 25 minutes = 6.25 minutes= 18.75 minutes for health regeneration, right? WRONG

once again, you must multiply each individual bonus....SO

1/6-----5% faster than 25 minutes 00 seconds = 23 minutes 45 seconds
    2/6-----5% faster than 23 minutes 45 seconds = 22 minutes 34 seconds
    3/6-----5% faster than 22 minutes 34 seconds = 21 minutes 26 seconds
    4/6-----5% faster than 21 minutes 26 seconds = 20 minutes 22 seconds
    5/6-----5% faster than 20 minutes 22 seconds = 19 minutes 21 seconds (not 18 minutes 45 seconds)

...so your health regen. time would be 20 minutes 22 seconds....
    and if you have all 6/6....

6/6-----5% faster than 19 minutes 21 seconds = 18 minutes 23 seconds

25 minutes * six 5% health regeneration bonuses = 18 minutes 23 seconds

notice this is not equal to 6*5% = 30% faster than 25 minutes which would be 17 minutes 30 seconds.

To all of you who believe GREE doesn't know how to do simple math, I hope you review your arithmetic and quiet down...Sending in tickets for this ridiculous complaint only clogs up their servers and slows down the time it takes for them to respond to meaningful issues...
    I hope this sort of helps to explain what is going on with GREE's calculation for health regeneration time.

Good luck in the upcoming Boss Event!

p.s. If you still need help understanding, PM me with ALL of your "faster health regeneration" bonuses and I will write out the math for you.
    Last edited by steveo127; 05-21-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Post Count
    Nice write up. Even for us vets

Thanks
    Last edited by vNastIER; 05-21-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Prominent Poet King little fruit fly's Avatar
    Michigan's tiny city called Beverly Hills
    Post Count
    Deleted. PM instead.
    Last edited by King little fruit fly; 05-21-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    PM me with your WD points to join an awesome top 25 family;

Yip, SMILE and PENGUINCOTT!

“Life is too important to be taken seriously!”

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Is the health regen time the same for the WD events as it is for the boss events? 1 point per minute, 25 points per attack, 4 attacks, thus 100 max health points meaning 100 minutes regen time to full health pre-bonus?

Post Count
    as far as I understand, it is the same; except there is no wait one extra minute and get 2 attacks instead of one attack trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Is the health regen time the same for the WD events as it is for the boss events? 1 point per minute, 25 points per attack, 4 attacks, thus 100 max health points meaning 100 minutes regen time to full health pre-bonus?

Post Count
    Steveo127 thank you for postinng this. I can't tell you how many i've posted for. I certainly don't mind helping people but hopefully this will help the masses understand how the calcuations on health work.
    VFF Legends

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo127 View Post
    *DISCLAIMER*
    This is in NO way an attempt to explain whether or not GREE does/will honor bonuses on units which you have more than one of.

Alright, if you are a seasoned veteran of this game, then don't bother reading this. This is addressed to all of those people who still have a difficulty understanding the way the game generates Health Regeneration Time....

Instead of reading the bonus as "-20% health regeneration time" , instead just read it as "20% faster health regeneration"...

for all of you doubters on GREE's math, this should help you to understand.

the initial time it takes to regenerate 1/4 full health so that you can use 1 hit in a boss event is 25 minutes.

let's say you have 1 unit which gives a "-20% health regen"...errr wait! we're calling it "20% faster health regeneration" now!!

what's 20% of 25?....5.

therefore you would have a regeneration time of 20 minutes. now let's assume that this was the regeneration rate for the last boss event in Ireland...

so now you come here to this current PVE LTQ and get the First Strike Tomcat! hip hip hooray!!! another "-20% health reg" oh shoot, nearly forgot!! we're calling it "20% faster health regeneration" !!

so now, going into this new Boss event starting May 24th, what will your new regeneration time be? well what's 20% of 20?....4.

so now in the Madagascar Boss Event, you'll have a health regeneration time of 16 minutes.

notice that we did not do: 20% + 20% = 40% * 25 = 10 minutes, 25-10 = 15 minutes health regen. time.

that is not how it works....

so let's get a bit more complex and say we have 1/6 of the 5% health regeneration bonuses that you can purchase when in a faction...so let's say you're in a really new faction that can't afford a lot of bonuses...

in Ireland, your regen. time would be 5% faster health regen. than 25 minutes.

wha's 5% of 25?....1.25 minutes....so your new health regeneration time would be 23 minutes 45 seconds.....

so when you get 5/6 of the faction health regen. bonuses you should have 25% of 25 minutes = 6.25 minutes= 18.75 minutes for health regeneration, right? WRONG

once again, you must multiply each individual bonus....SO

1/6-----5% faster than 25 minutes 00 seconds = 23 minutes 45 seconds
    2/6-----5% faster than 23 minutes 45 seconds = 22 minutes 34 seconds
    3/6-----5% faster than 22 minutes 34 seconds = 21 minutes 26 seconds
    4/6-----5% faster than 21 minutes 26 seconds = 20 minutes 22 seconds
    5/6-----5% faster than 20 minutes 22 seconds = 19 minutes 21 seconds (not 18 minutes 45 seconds)

...so your health regen. time would be 20 minutes 22 seconds....
    and if you have all 6/6....

6/6-----5% faster than 19 minutes 21 seconds = 18 minutes 23 seconds

25 minutes * six 5% health regeneration bonuses = 18 minutes 23 seconds

notice this is not equal to 6*5% = 30% faster than 25 minutes which would be 17 minutes 30 seconds.

To all of you who believe GREE doesn't know how to do simple math, I hope you review your arithmetic and quiet down...Sending in tickets for this ridiculous complaint only clogs up their servers and slows down the time it takes for them to respond to meaningful issues...
    I hope this sort of helps to explain what is going on with GREE's calculation for health regeneration time.

Good luck in the upcoming Boss Event!

p.s. If you still need help understanding, PM me with ALL of your "faster health regeneration" bonuses and I will write out the math for you.
    Why does GREE give us this bull **** and spend all this money to get a "valuable unit" if it's not going to do any substantial boost?!? My faction already has a 17 min health regen, why would I spend gold to get another minute on a faster health regen. This is shananagins!!!

Post Count
    Those calculations are correct but when you add the Deadly Bridge Jumper with -20% health regen, GREE's maths goes all Pete Tong. In the WD event, it takes me exactly 15 mins to regenerate 25 health and it should be 14mins 43secs using the formula 0.95^6*0.8. Please explain that one!

Am I being short changed yet again?
    Last edited by Dutchie; 05-21-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Post Count
    that's a difference of 17 seconds...and the wars are each 1 hour long...you're only going to get in a max of 4 extra hits regardless...

but to try to more thoughtfully answer your question, I'd wager that it has something to do with WD events being more "important"...GREE would definitely get more complaints about something being unfair in a WD event since it's competitive against other people and not just oneself, as boss evetns are really just up to you, no one else is really involved...

that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some rounding involved for health regeneration in wars, to keep the playing field easier to deal with I guess...it's easier to work with integers than decimals...especially when decimals need to be converted to seconds...though yes, you are correct; 14 minutes, 42.11 seconds

but please humor me, I'm curious...did you truly time it with a stop watch? seems like such a frivolous discrepancy that one might think the difference is due to human error perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Those calculations are correct but when you add the Deadly Bridge Jumper with -20% health regen, GREE's maths goes all Pete Tong. In the WD event, it takes me exactly 15 mins to regenerate 25 health and it should be 14mins 43secs using the formula 0.95^6*0.8. Please explain that one!

Am I being short changed yet again?
    Last edited by steveo127; 05-21-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Cheers for explanation steveo

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo127 View Post
    that's a difference of 17 seconds...and the wars are each 1 hour long...you're only going to get in a max of 4 extra hits regardless...but to try to more thoughtfully answer your question, I'd wager that it has something to do with WD events being more "important"...GREE would definitely get more complaints about something being unfair in a WD event since it's competitive against other people and not just oneself, as boss evetns are really just up to you, no one else is really involved...that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some rounding involved for health regeneration in wars, to keep the playing field easier to deal with I guess...it's easier to work with integers than decimals...especially when decimals need to be converted to seconds...though yes, you are correct; 14 minutes, 42.11 secondsbut please humor me, I'm curious...did you truly time it with a stop watch? seems like such a frivolous discrepancy that one might think the difference is due to human error perhaps?
    No stopwatch. I use the Power Attack button to show how much time is remaining to regenerate the health back to full and at exactly 45 mins remaining, I can take attack my target again.

You say a frivolous discrepancy, I say we are being short changed again.
    Last edited by Dutchie; 05-22-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Post Count
    45 minutes remaining doesn't mean that it took 15 minutes to regenerate. that would just meaning that at about 15 seconds into the war is when that screen popped up, meaning you pressed power attack probably about 10 seconds into the war.

war starts----------------------------------------------------------------------------60:00 left
    you click on battle list---------------------------------------------------------------59:55 left
    you look at DL, click power attack-------------------------------------------------59:50 left
    power attack results screen show--------------------------------------------------59:43 left
    immediately click out of results screen to check how long until next hit--------59:40 left

by that timeline, you would read that your next hit will take place at 45 minutes exactly. which is actually only 14 minutes 43 seconds of health regeneration time, since the power attack registered with 59:43 left, and 14 minutes 43 seconds later is when the time remaining in the war will read exactly 45:00....

does that make sense?

by your same logic you could claim that GREE is gipping you and making you wait 30 minutes 43 seconds if you don't hit at all and then Power Attack at 44 minutes 00 seconds.....or whatever other random amount of time, based on when you first hit....
    Last edited by steveo127; 05-22-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Op, I may be mistaken, but I think you missed Devin's point.

Assuming a person has no other regen benefits, aside from what could be earned in this event, and said person completes both regular and prestige mode, they will acquire 2 units, each of which promise -20%.

Devin's point is that the example persons recharge time would be 20 minutes not 16 minutes

In other words, they have 2 units, but only get the reduction applied one time. Not 2 times, as in one reduction for each unit.

25m - 20% being 20m, and no deduction being applied for the 2nd unit, earned in prestige. Which should result in further reducing the 20m - 20% = 16m

Apologies if I misunderstand / misrepresent Devins point

Post Count
    oh brother...please re-read the very first line of my post, haha

Quote Originally Posted by FromAfar View Post
    Op, I may be mistaken, but I think you missed Devin's point.

Assuming a person has no other regen benefits, aside from what could be earned in this event, and said person completes both regular and prestige mode, they will acquire 2 units, each of which promise -20%.

Devin's point is that the example persons recharge time would be 20 minutes not 16 minutes

In other words, they have 2 units, but only get the reduction applied one time. Not 2 times, as in one reduction for each unit.

25m - 20% being 20m, and no deduction being applied for the 2nd unit, earned in prestige. Which should result in further reducing the 20m - 20% = 16m

Apologies if I misunderstand / misrepresent Devins point

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks Steveo127.

My regen is >15min so there is something I still don't get. So I have the Deadly Bridge Jumper (+20%) and 6/6 for the faction bonus. Should it be: 25min-5min-6min37sec = 13min23sec?

If yes then something is wrong coz my regen is slightly about 16min so I can do only 7 hits during WD and 19 hits to the bosses.

What am I missing? Is it because the faction bonus applies to the already discounted personal regen (20min and not 25min my case)?

ps: when I get the First Strike Tomcat, I won't get an additional -4min since I have a deadly bridge jumper?
    Last edited by Arnaud; 05-22-2013 at 01:46 AM.
    Please PM if looking to join a consistent Top40 faction both in WD and FL.