A notice to the Cartel

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A notice to the Cartel

Post Count

A notice to the Cartel

Before Columbia I stated in the "top 25" leader chat that Original Black Ops would be going for top 10. During the Battle for Columbia, the cartel acted as if it was some surprise and threatened to target our members if we continued to try for a top 10 finish.

You try to say that you're established to curb spending. If that were the case, I would have to question your strategy. Why would you want to run up the scores of the top 10 early and then slow down and just threaten and team up against everyone that is trying to play the game as well. WD events are basically an auction. Who bids items up and stops, watching to make sure no one else bids? We were taking the approach of going slow and then making a push at the end so that we wouldn't be pushing up prices through the three day event. Isn't that the best way to curb spending?

All of that aside and not getting into any other thoughts about the politics involved or the childish arrogance with some of the cartel, I want to publicly state:

Original Black Ops will be going for top 10 in the upcoming Battle for Madagascar. If the cartel plans to keep us out, it will cost 25 million WD points at least along with another 100k added every time our members are targeted.
    Game Name: Saint
    MW - Leader of Original Black Ops

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    ::gets popcorn:: The Madagascar battle will be fun to watch as the points sky rocket.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I will make sure to personally add 20 million to your wd totals from my targeting then. I dont really care about what you do, I just so love a good challenge. Thank you blondy.

Post Count
    I'd be frustrated as well if I spent gold to score 23m points for 11th place. Instead of blaming this imaginary cartel, I would blame a failure in leadership. It would be better to get on board then to miss the boat two events in a row.
    MW ID: Ryans67
    617-935-486

Prominent Poet King little fruit fly's Avatar
    Michigan's tiny city called Beverly Hills
    Post Count
    Let's work together, let's not fight among us, please contact Ferr.

We only have 1 common enemy.
    PM me with your WD points to join an awesome top 25 family;

Yip, SMILE and PENGUINCOTT!

“Life is too important to be taken seriously!”

Consistent Contributor steveo127's Avatar
    Post Count
    what are you talking about? there is no Cartel faction. it's a bunch of independent owner-operators.

don't get too worked up over it. it's just a sort of way for people to come together as in an AA meeting and admit that they are trying to overcome a spending problem or support others who have/had a spending problem. I'm a proud supporter of the Cartel, yet I still spend gold.

the whole point, as originally promoted by PIRATE JUSTICE and myself, was to remind everyone to be conscious of what they are doing when they're purchasing a vault of gold....to remind them to reallly be aware that they're spending $100/£90 every single time they click that button. It's not a mob, not a faction, not a gang, not even a true cartel! Just a mindset.

Long live the Cartel; protecting the freedom to think, the freedom of choice

Quote Originally Posted by blondealex View Post
    Before Columbia I stated in the "top 25" leader chat that Original Black Ops would be going for top 10. During the Battle for Columbia, the cartel acted as if it was some surprise and threatened to target our members if we continued to try for a top 10 finish.

You try to say that you're established to curb spending. If that were the case, I would have to question your strategy. Why would you want to run up the scores of the top 10 early and then slow down and just threaten and team up against everyone that is trying to play the game as well. WD events are basically an auction. Who bids items up and stops, watching to make sure no one else bids? We were taking the approach of going slow and then making a push at the end so that we wouldn't be pushing up prices through the three day event. Isn't that the best way to curb spending?

All of that aside and not getting into any other thoughts about the politics involved or the childish arrogance with some of the cartel, I want to publicly state:

Original Black Ops will be going for top 10 in the upcoming Battle for Madagascar. If the cartel plans to keep us out, it will cost 25 million WD points at least along with another 100k added every time our members are targeted.

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Post Count
    Im not against or for the cartel. They do whatever it is they do. But can't blame them for you guys losing. I know the final battle yous had. Yous got out spent on that battle. There was nothing else to it.
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There never was a spoon, I have no idea what you are talking about. You are chasing ghosts...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo127 View Post
    what are you talking about? there is no Cartel faction. it's a bunch of independent owner-operators.

don't get too worked up over it. it's just a sort of way for people to come together as in an AA meeting and admit that they are trying to overcome a spending problem or support others who have/had a spending problem. I'm a proud supporter of the Cartel, yet I still spend gold.

the whole point, as originally promoted by PIRATE JUSTICE and myself, was to remind everyone to be conscious of what they are doing when they're purchasing a vault of gold....to remind them to reallly be aware that they're spending $100/£90 every single time they click that button. It's not a mob, not a faction, not a gang, not even a true cartel! Just a mindset.

Long live the Cartel; protecting the freedom to think, the freedom of choice
    By this explanation it sounds like the "Cartel" is completely meaningless. I thought the whole basis of it was to withhold money until they started to listen and make positive changes, not just attention seeking drivel.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You have the right to play the game any which way you desire.you want 10th?go get it.no one should tell another how they should play their game.i am still having fun but in a much smaller way.thats my choice.for those of you not having fun just please delete the game!

Post Count
    Make no mistake. We are not blaming anyone for placing 11th and not frustrated. It was an absolute blast the last 3 hours. Hats off to VFF, that last battle was as much fun as I've had playing a game in quite some time. They beat us fair and square.

I'm just letting it be known what our intentions are so that I don't have to put up with any of the behind the scenes drama this time.

Cheers
    Game Name: Saint
    MW - Leader of Original Black Ops

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Post Count
    It was also a bit of luck. VFF , 26th , final battle gets OBO ,25th.
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Consistent Contributor TYR_Rune's Avatar
    Post Count
    From what I am aware of.. my faction, Mcgurt, never threathened any of the top-25 factions (specially OBO)... Even our war-time chatters during Columbia never talked in anger about any top-25 factions that are aspiring to become top-10 as well.. and there were no discussion of specifically targeting OBO.

Mcgurt originally started as a top-100 faction, we strived to make progress one step at a time.. So we fully understand your situation OBO (and the rest of the top-25 faction)..

(Although I cannot speak for the rest of the top-10 placers) I must tell you that you have McGurt's full sympathy and encourage you to compete w/ us for the top-10 spot fair and square.. But rest assured, McGurt is fully ready to meet any challenges ahead in the top-10 arena..

So goodluck buddy, McGurt wishes you all the luck... and see yah in the battlefield...

Quote Originally Posted by blondealex View Post

Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)
    PM for details
    (no hackers pls)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    I will make sure to personally add 20 million to your wd totals from my targeting then. I dont really care about what you do, I just so love a good challenge. Thank you blondy.
    Speed ump, Your talk is very CHEAP!! I am still waiting for you to come take a visit, HAPPY HUNTINGS!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    When I read the TYR sig.... Bravo switched places with them. Bravo got top 10 in the 1st 3 wars, and now top 25 in the 2nd 3 wars.