Do you gain XP by losing attacks?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you gain XP by losing attacks?

Post Count

Lightbulb Do you gain XP by losing attacks?

Do you gain XP by:

1. Initiating attack and losing
    2. Getting attacked and losing
    3. Getting attacked and winning
    4. Initiating attack and winning

Of course, I know you gain XP by #4, but was curious to know about #1, 2 and 3. Thanks!

Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yes, only to question 4 though you do gain IP in syn battle if you're attacked and win. Some call it "passive IP"

Though you don't gain exp for losing, you can still trigger boss during the event this way.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Are you sure you don't get xp in example 3 as well? If I'm attacked and win on Modern war I gain Xp I know that cause I'm camping on a low level and people keep attacking me and making me rank up.

Consistent Contributor LucaLuca's Avatar
    Post Count
    1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. Yes

Post Count
    Hmm, quite a large variety of answers here. Lol, can someone confirm this with screenshot examples??

Post Count
    Sorry this a test post.

Post Count
    I wasn't 100% sure with answer #3. Go with what Luc said maybe. I do know you gain IP in a syn battle this way though.

Post Count
    My question was more to do with my syndicate. We got all low level campers who don't want to gain any XP. Plan is to only attack wall/command center. But if we gain XP when we lose from rival syn attacks (coz we will lose from attacks given our low stats), the whole idea would be unviable!!

But looks like such a syndicate can really work! Wonder why there aren't any other exclusively low level syndicates out there if this works?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yes you gain 1 xp if someone attacks you and they lose.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by c00guy View Post
    My question was more to do with my syndicate. We got all low level campers who don't want to gain any XP. Plan is to only attack wall/command center. But if we gain XP when we lose from rival syn attacks (coz we will lose from attacks given our low stats), the whole idea would be unviable!! But looks like such a syndicate can really work! Wonder why there aren't any other exclusively low level syndicates out there if this works?
    No you will not gain any Xp in battle if you are attacked and lose the fight. You will also gain no Xp for hitting the wall or command center/centre
    []

Post Count
    There aren't syn's with only low level players because you would need to do one of two things to score decent IP and make better than top 4000 without ever battling rivals. Either have members with strong def to get some passive IP, or have at least 1 designated higher level attacker to do all the work for the rest of the syn.

If nobody in the entire syn does anything, the result will be no prizes and no reason to be in a syndicate at all unless you're purposely striving for last place.

i'm assuming you're the same person who is recruiting for lvl 10 or lower player syndicate.

Edit: If everyone hits wall and-
    -60 IP per hit, 6 hits per battle, 50 members, 20 battles would put you in top 750 according to China Town rank results. 4 prizes.

The whole syn would have to be very active.
    Last edited by panty sniffer; 05-29-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Post Count
    Thanks for your responses guys! This really helps!!

I didn't mean nobody does anything, I meant everyone hits wall. If we have about 20 active players participating in ~20 battles each getting their 5 hits on walls, I reckon we could easily make top 4000 if not top 1500? Yes, I'm the same person recruiting for lvl 10 or lower syndicate. I'm just testing a new concept

Post Count
    you could probably get 1500 in your scenario though members are usually not as active as they think they can be.

You can get an extra hit in if you attack withih the first 10 minutes of battle and your last attack would be in last 10 minutes.

Lol, other syn's will HATE battling yours. Probably least IP gain of any other battle when everyone is lvl 10 or lower. I think they'd get more by hitting the wall or hideout.
    Last edited by panty sniffer; 05-29-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Post Count
    Thanks sniffer!

Your stats on top 750 look really compelling although we'd need active members and max out our guild increase. Of course, right now we'll target top 4000 to be realistic but our path as campers with no XP gain seems pretty promising!

Lurker
    Post Count
    You should only Xperia from winning an attack or winning a fight someone else initiates. As far as I know wall and command centers do not yield Xp.
    Crime City Mafia Code: 647-080-330
    Crime City Syndicate: Top Dawgs (551349869)